SpursNetwork

My personal opinion - Shaun W. Philips would be a great summer transfer target

Offline ady88s

• Season Ticket: No
The guys got everything and been unlucky not to break into the Chelski setup (where they dont value players under 6ft) and Man City where everyone even close to the team sheet must be a big name no matter how bad they are (P. Viera springs to mind).

Phillips has got a wicked shot, pace to burn and a great work rate.

He's probably the most underated English player alive. I dont think he's one of these that gets injured either. He's just gone to mega rich clubs and suffered for it by being sidelined.

Now 29 years old (a young 29 as he's only started 2 games this season and not been overworked by his employers!) he's probably got three more good years in him.

He's eager to get away from Eastlands and I would welcome him with open arms.

Offline OL'BOLTY

As his Ma did Wrightybollocks?

Ah no, that was legs.....
EL PRESIDENTE

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
To be honest I think Lennon's better and the other problem is wages once a player has played at Citeh no one can afford their wages !!!!

:nope:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
Shaun s**te phillips no thanks. Hasnt gone downhill as he is at the bottom of the hill in a long time now. As for chelsea not valueing players under 6foot then essien and cashley must play in stilettos. Now theres a mental image we can all do without.

Offline aspursfan

This is a player who demanded a pay raise for his bench warming technique at City. In my opinion he isn't better than what we have already.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
Ady, always good to have different posts around here.

I think bigV covers everything i would have said on the guy though, so its a big no from me.

He would improve from his current very poor form with a confidence boost but i still would rather have Lennon every day.

Offline ady88s

I think Lennon  could be a devastating player - but he has not developed an end product  since he's been at Spurs. I think that's poor and not the Champions League quality we need. I'm getting tired of watching him scuff shots in front of goal and hit poor crosses time after time. I think he's hit a wall and can't get any better. Mediocre players (ie limited players like Keano, as much as he has given to the club) need to make way for players who are good all rounders. We have to ask ouselves, if we want to be up there with the likes of Man Utd, would Lennon make it at Man Utd?  The answer is no, he hasnt got enough in his locker.

Maybe Shaun Right Phillips isnt the answer but I think Lennon is coasting and only very rarely a match winner.

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
Lennon is a match winner and has provided some late goals either to win or salvage games so I think you are mistaken in your assessment of him. His final distribution could be better but it has I would say improved over the last few seasons. He doescreate assists and was responsible for one of the penalties today due to his main talent his blistering pace and his opponents inability to deal with it. An integral part of our side. Swp Is inferior im afraid.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 11:22:43 PM by bigv »

Offline aspursfan

You make an interesting point, Ady. At the same time, I don't think SWP would make United either. He didn't cut it at Chelsea. Isn't cutting it at City, though that's somewhat more understandable.

I'll admit that SWP has a much better shot than Lennon, but there was a time not very long ago when Lennon played with enough confidence that he tore Evra to shreds and teams designated two players to marking him. During that period he was being talked about like people talk about Bale now. Then he got injured. He needs to get his confidence back. I don't think it's a matter of him improving as a player. I think it's him returning to the form he was in. I think he's getting there in every game.

I'd rather see Bentley on our right side than see us bring in someone else for a transfer fee that would be better spent elsewhere.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline ady88s

Fair point  :)

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
He has been on decline for some time now, so NO from me.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
It would be fun to see his old man down The Lane having to cheer if he scored though.  :dance:

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
dont think we need him, as Gomes is a better goalie.... too high a wage to be a backup, so its a negative for me..

give Pletikosa a chance, ffs  :up:

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
All points have been covered well by my fellow SN pals so I'll just say its a big No Thanks from me too!

Plus Lennon is not teh finished product yet and is still improving another asset to Spurs!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
We need forwards not wingers.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?