Man Utd 2-0 Tottenham - Carling Cup Quarter Final
« on: November 29, 2009, 08:54:12 AM »
__
__
__
Carling Cup Quarter-Final - 1st Dec 2009 - KO 19:45 - Old Trafford

TV: Sky Sports 2

Live Feed: Click Here

Man Utd (from): Foster, Kuszczak, Amos, Neville, De Laet, Brown, Vidic, Jonny Evans, Corry Evans, Evra, Rafael, Obertan, Valencia, Gibson, Anderson, Fletcher, Carrick, Nani, Park, Tosic, Berbatov, Rooney, Owen, King, James, Macheda, Welbeck.

Tottenham (from): Gomes, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto, Corluka, Bassong, Huddlestone, Lennon, Keane, Palacios, Jenas, Crouch, Defoe, Alnwick, Hutton, Bentley, Bale, Rose, Pavlyuchenko, Naughton.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 07:31:44 AM by Biggs »

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Man Utd vs Tottenham - Carling Cup Quarter Final
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 09:20:26 AM »
I hope we can win another cup this year. Atleast the FA or CC and that would really make this season even more sweater if we get the 3rd or 4th place with a silverware in hand :D Boohoo!! *Drools*

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 04:43:04 PM »
Neither team are gona play their strongest side and I believe that with the squad that we have we can go all the way to the final yet again. I reckon it will be us and City in the final as they are the only top prem team that play their strongest team. We'll still beat em tho. 3-1 Spurs
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline CountPuchi

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 06:04:16 PM »
Just as long we dont turn off like we usually do against them Man utd. Im always pissed at our players turning off 2nd half against them. Its just not natural!

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 10:54:30 PM »
Bentley was absolutely s**t as was Hutton. Sell both in January.

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
Re: Man Utd 2-0 Tottenham - Carling Cup Quarter Final
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 09:42:28 AM »
Just as long we dont turn off like we usually do against them Man utd. Im always pissed at our players turning off 2nd half against them. Its just not natural!

Well they didnt switch off.......

They just didn't feckin turn up. It was so clear that the game didnt matter to them and that they were just there to make an appearance. I don't think 'Arry could really complain seeing as HE himself said that the premier league was more important. I feel sorry for anyone who made the journey up there because after seeing a performance like that I would want my money back! Oh and if anyone from this forum was there, was the atmoshpere really THAT quiet because you could of heard a pin drop.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 01:39:28 PM »
I am ashamed and really want to cry.

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 05:58:09 PM »
Bale was decent, made some good runs and got really stuck into some challenges. Good to see him play well again, keep him do not sell.

Offline CountPuchi

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 07:00:11 PM »
im dissapointed we threw this game away just because we want the top 4 spot. Could have let the fringe players prove themselves for this match.. Sad yet Harry knows what he is doin..

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 01:24:43 AM »
I'm sorry to say but I disagree with you all.

I thought we started very brightly. We had chances but they didn't get finished.  But aside from that Man Utd actually defended really well & were consistantly closing down our players.  They really put in a good performance & all teams should take a look at how well organised they were.   

Bale had a great game. Bentley showed why Lennon is so much better. Lennon scares defenders so they don't go in for the tackle. Bentley doesn't command his position like Lennon hence the defenders had a lot of confidence to get the tackles in.  Added to that I think Lennon should have played right wing & Bentley on the left.  Keane was about the only player who totally didn't turn up.  Jenas & Palacios we average.

LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1950-51, 1960-61       
CHARITY/COMMUNITY SHIELD 1921, 1951, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1991       
F.A. CUP 1901, 1921, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1982, 1991,      
LEAGUE CUP 1971, 1973, 1999, 2008