SpursNetwork

Spurs Vs Reading

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Spurs Vs Reading
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 10:26:50 PM »
I reckon Berba's first hat trick for us isnt too far off.

Offline Daniisco

Spurs Vs Reading
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 05:52:30 PM »
TEAM NEWS

Teemu Tainio and Hossam Ghaly will be absent for the visit of Reading to the Lane on Sunday.
Longer-term absentees Ledley King, Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Anthony Gardner and Danny Murphy remain unavailable, but Mido could be in contention for a return.

"Teemu Tainio has a calf strain and I am not hopeful over him for the weekend, while Mido has a slight calf strain and could be back for the game," reported Martin Jol.

"Ledley King will be out, but he is increasing his running and is doing a lot of ball work now.

"Benoit Assou-Ekotto will need another four weeks and we are hopeful of having Anthony Gardner back in three or four weeks. Danny Murphy has started running after his Achilles problem and will probably be out for another week.

"Hossam Ghaly has got flu and won't be involved."

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Spurs Vs Reading
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 12:14:30 PM »
I think we will start with..

ROBINSON
CHIMBONDA//DAWSOME/ROCHA//LEE
LENNON//ZOKORA//JENAS//MALBRANQUE
KEANE//BERBATOV

2-0 win. COYS.

Offline COYS

Spurs Vs Reading
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 07:57:28 PM »
well i reckon we will win 3-1, but yesterday me, dimitar. B and THFC had a dice lol i know quite random, and we worked out that west ham would win 2-0 and liverpool would win 4-1 just by rolling the dice :doh:  but i hope we win lol.  Oh and btw the dice said that out of the whole premiership we would come 5th :D lol
Berba > God

Spurs Vs Reading
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2007, 11:40:07 AM »

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Spurs Vs Reading
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2007, 04:54:59 PM »
Not bad so far i don't think we are playing poor

Offline Daniisco

Spurs Vs Reading
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2007, 06:51:48 PM »
Thrilling game that, on the edge of my seat throughout. Should have scored more than 1, 3 at least. Think we had over 20 shots on goal in the end.  Actually we did score 2 cause Defoe's goal should have stood, miles onside.

Berba had a poor game for his standards, maybe the amount of games he's been playing as caught up with him.

Great win in the end, and pulls us clear of Reading and the others. Two points behind Bolton in 5th, it's looking good.

Offline Powerage

Spurs Vs Reading
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2007, 06:59:39 PM »
Should have been 4 or 5 too us, they didn't pose any real threat and at least we kept a clean sheet. Linesman got Defoe's goal totally wrong but we got the 3 points and thats all that counts with chelsea away up after sevilla.

Offline COYS

Spurs Vs Reading
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2007, 07:38:05 PM »
i think reading had 1 or 2 shots in the second half, we should have scored so many more, defoe's goal should have counted, and how did he miss his last chance. He should have at least got it on target lol.

All in all a good spurs performance and we deserved to win by more than 1.

If everton win tomorrow they go 6th again though.

Come on Aston Villa!
Berba > God

Spurs Vs Reading
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2007, 07:49:08 PM »
good result imo but should have turned what was a good looking performance into a good looking scoresheet

Offline Daniisco

Spurs Vs Reading
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2007, 08:58:31 PM »
JOLS WORDS

Jol was impressed by his side's ability of create opportunities and felt his troops well deserved the victory.

"I don't think it was only about the penalty as we created 15 chances," said Jol.

"We had three chances in the first 15 minutes with Steed Malbranque, Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov all having one-on-ones with the keeper.

"They had three chances over the whole 90 minutes and so I think our win was well deserved.

"Reading are a very good team. Sometimes they put seven or eight players into the final third and you don't see that very often in the Premiership.

"They looked dangerous up front so to keep a clean sheet is okay - I can't remember the last time we did that.

"But Jermain Defoe was only on the pitch for 15 minutes and had three good chances as well as a good goal ruled out. I can't complain about that in hindsight but had we drawn I would have done.

"Six weeks ago we were with the Manchester Citys and Newcastles and they are still there and we are up to sixth so I am happy."

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Spurs Vs Reading
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2007, 11:23:16 AM »
We should have won this easily and be 3 up after 10mins but for poor finishing. The handball was harsh I have to say and we were lucky when Lita hit the post and Robbo made a good save. I think LYP is improving with everygame and our midfield is looking really strong, Jenas and Zokora are brilliant and Steed and Lennon give us great width. I still am unsure on Keane and would like to see Defoe up top in Sevilla. Berbatov had a poor game by his standards but we cannot expect brilliance every game. Defoe had a goal disallowed which was not offside. He looked sharp when he came on apart from that awful blaze over the bar which would have finished it.

Still a gritty performance which should have been wrapped up. Up to 6th now and come on Villa tonight!

Player ratings:

Robinson 8 - made a couple of crucial saves, nothing else to do.

Chimbonda 7 - got forward well and was comfortable at the back.

Dawson 7 - another solid performance

Rocha 6 - shaky at times.

Lee 6 - got forward well, satisfactory at the back

Lennon 7 - made lots of runs, kept Reading busy

Zokora 7 - was a constant threat when bursting from midfield

Jenas 7 - see Zokora

Malbranque 8 - constant threat, especially in the first half and caused Reading problems

Berbatov 6 - some good link up play but not much else

Keane 6 - poor finishing but he created chances

subs:

Defoe 7 - lively, should have scored

Huddlestone 5 - good disrtibution but gave the ball away with silly touches

Offline Powerage

Spurs Vs Reading
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2007, 03:01:57 PM »
Malbranque was a fantastic signing, he is a monster in midfield and knows how too attack with power and pace. So far, I'm really impressed with Jol's signings, which could start a new thread...

Spurs Vs Reading
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2007, 12:34:19 PM »
Our forwards were not concentrated at all, so many wasted chances ... :-(. Prolly the stress of the imperative win against a direct competitor added a weight on their legs in the decisive moments :dunno: ...

Our left side was deteriorating, getting a quality left-footed winger/wing-back is becoming a huge issue if we want to progress well next year !!

And we need another forward as replacement as well. Defoe is quality, but he needs to play regularly to perform at his best, he ain't a player for 15-20 mins. Plus he usually just closes his eyes and blasts the ball towards goal, no shot technique at all in most cases. Not very inclined to pass the ball as well - he does that only when he has no other options available !!
----------------

Spurs Vs Reading
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2007, 12:50:04 PM »
more performances like this but with goals please