SpursNetwork

Spurs Vs Blackburn

Spurs Vs Blackburn
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2007, 01:19:29 PM »
I think BMJ should pin the article by Sparky on Berbas' shirt (he's much too sophistcated to read the sun:censored: )
:spurs crest:

Spurs Vs Blackburn
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2007, 01:56:23 PM »
I reckon 2-2 draw tonight which wouldn't be too bad,like to see Defoe start tonight,bit worried about Bentley making a mug of whoever plays left back (Tony G or an unfit BAE) but as long as Berbs is firing should be enough to win/draw in an enteetaining game

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Spurs Vs Blackburn
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2007, 07:31:26 PM »
TEAM NEWS - Martin Jol makes three changes from the win at Charlton on Monday night. Anthony Gardner comes in for injured Ricardo Rocha at left-back, Steed Malbranque is back in the line-up for Jermaine Jenas and Jermain Defoe starts up front in place of Robbie Keane.

Our line-up is therefore: Robinson, Chimbonda, Gardner, Dawson, King, Malbranque, Tainio, Zokora, Lennon, Berbatov, Defoe. Subs: Cerny, Keane, Ifil, Ghaly, Huddlestone.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Season Ticket: No
Spurs Vs Blackburn
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2007, 08:32:36 PM »
where is Jenas 2nite? not even on the bench?
COYS!

Offline Daniisco

Spurs Vs Blackburn
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2007, 08:57:37 PM »
Quote from: dedleysting;7904
where is Jenas 2nite? not even on the bench?

Apparently he's been having back spasms.

Believe it or not we're missing his forward runs tonight.

Spurs Vs Blackburn
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2007, 10:16:21 PM »
oh well. a win against Man city and we have 5th spot

Spurs Vs Blackburn
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2007, 10:23:19 PM »
Shame we couldn't have managed a last minute win but meh a draw is plently good enough given the circumstances.

Offline Daniisco

Spurs Vs Blackburn
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2007, 10:26:07 PM »
Keane is the man again. What a player he is for us. Mr Spurs.

Im not worried, Everton have to go to Chelski. We should beat Man City. So 5th is still in our hands.

I also thought Zokora was immense tonight. King is getting better by the game, pure class today. Left back is still our Achilles heel, Gardners fault for the goal.

To rant about that prick Ghaly go HERE

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
Spurs Vs Blackburn
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2007, 10:33:25 PM »
A point to clinch Europe now.

We have to get a better result than Everton for fifth, though.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
Spurs Vs Blackburn
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2007, 11:39:10 PM »
Apart from looking shaky under a couple of crosses i though the defence did pretty well tonight. Good to see the King back in full form.
The question does need to be asked though why does berbs only really come to life when Keane comes on.
 Could it be that only keamne links up close the others tensd to drift away from him leaving him isolated and meaning he can't give those deft little flicks. Only Keane seems to get in close to him and feed off the close quick passes.
The poor guy just looks lonely out there without Robbie. Shame because he is just about the greates thing in the league right now.
1-1 it will do as long as no lasagne is served before Saturday.

Oh and thanks for the live feed guys, much appreciated
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 11:46:28 PM by DC76 »
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline Powerage

Spurs Vs Blackburn
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2007, 02:03:16 AM »
just got back from the game, 6 hour round trip on the trains and car etc, ****ing mental. White Hart Lane is incredible, the fans, the stadium, the pitch everything. Apart from when Blackburn scored us fans gave em hell for the whole game.

Firstly, we played absolutely shockingly, no vision, no creativity, to many chips over there defence in which I don't think a single one made their intended player. I felt Lennon gave it a bloody good go and got stuck in, Ghaly Ghaly your a ****, Malbranque limped off which I was gutted about as he is a top player, Robinson had nothing to do all night and our defence dealt with almost everything that they had to throw at them as Blackburn game bounding forward and did nothing with it.

I've never gone so mental in all my life over a goal, it was quality hahaha

Can't wait to get back there next season, especially against Pompey as I wanna rip on Campbell for 90 minutes haha

Spurs Vs Blackburn
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2007, 09:47:04 AM »
I still cant believe that Keano shot come off the post!

From where i was it looked in, i was literally jumping up and down :-\

Oh well only a point needed from sunday now.

COYS

Spurs Vs Blackburn
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2007, 11:05:42 AM »
Just can't believe it we should have won that.

I thought that was gonna go in 2-1 to us.

Just the point needed on sunday but I prefer if we get the three instead of
the one.

COYS!

hmm.. a bit dissapointed
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2007, 11:35:53 AM »
Tottenham 1 - 1 Blackburn ???
hmm... I dissapointed about that..
Sometimes Tottenham doesn't play balancely...
T_T if they can win.. it make a bigger chance to 5th place..
although everton will face chelsea(home) at 13/5...
but that's all don't make me angry to lilywhites..
coz... I alwayZ love SPURS!!!
SPURS FOREvER AND EvER!!!!
To dare is to do!!! :thebird:

Berba's girl

Spurs Vs Blackburn
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2007, 12:42:11 PM »
Sorry if this is long winded but I just copy & pasted it straight from my myspace blog. I couldn't be bothered to pick bits out of it.

Well I suppose you could say it was a game of two halves (again)! Not for the first time this season, Spurs came out of the blocks slowly, not creating much in the last third of the pitch. There were a few changes in the side: JJ was out with a back problem so Tainio came into the central midfield, Malbranque on the wing, Gardner took the left back spot due to Rocha being injured in the last game and Defoe came in for Keane.

The first half was pretty uneventful and very frustrating to watch. When you know your team can play good football, this type of display is not pleasing to the eye. However I was delighted to see Lennon back to his normal self, zipping around the pitch, switching flanks and making a nuisance of himself. Berba also made a couple of sublime touches to get the crowd going. A rash challenge on Malbranque in the 19th minute led to Mokoena getting a yellow card and it wasn't long after that, that Steed had to be subbed. Ghaly was his replacement.

Blackburn went 1-0 up after 31 minutes, with their first real attack. Pedersen crossed for McCarthy who lost his marker Ledley King, and headed the ball over Robbo from the right. Their goal didn't really rile us up like you would have expected; I don't know quite what they were waiting for - perhaps an MJ rollicking at half time? We had one chance in injury time when Berbatov was brought down right on the corner of the box but this ended in a weak shot from Ghaly. Since coming on, Ghaly was having an appalling game with so many passes going astray. In fact, when he finally managed to pick out a teammate, the fans cheered him!

Into the second half then and the first real chance came our way when Defoe was felled outside the penalty area (although on watching it again, Pedersen actually got the ball). Berba lined up the free kick which was struck on target but Friedel managed to parry and then clutch right on the goal line.

Martin Jol quite rightly didn't take too long to bring Keano on and the substitute Ghaly was the man to go off after a very poor display. This sparked a very angry reaction from Ghaly who took off his shirt and threw it aside before proceeding down the tunnel. This in turn, sparked a reaction from the crowd and the chanting started "You're not fit to wear the shirt" and another which I'd rather not repeat. In my opinion, the man should never play for Spurs again. This kind of behaviour is disgraceful and the club do not need disrespectful players. I'm sure MJ and the club will take a tough stance on this incident.

There was a scare of going 2-0 down when Samba hit the bar a minute later with a header from a free kick. That was a reality check for Spurs and with Keane on, the game opened up and suddenly they had spirit which they'd lacked in the first half. In fact, Robbie was magnificent and proves he's not the man to leave on the bench. The equaliser came on
the 66th minute when Keane played it into Berbatov who turned with strength in the area, his shot parried off the goalkeeper and Jermain was in the right place to slot it home. This seems to 'spur' the team on even more and suddenly the passion returned. The possession was all ours, chances were being created and a win was definitely on the cards. The best chance for the three points was on 90 minutes when Chimbonda supplied Keane a killer pass and everyone was celebrating the goal before it hit the post!  I was almost crying with disbelief! Heartbreaking stuff.

So just a point this time. That result puts us on 57 points with only one point required from our last game to qualify for Europe. However, a win against Man City and Everton losing would put us into 5th, which would be very satisfying indeed, equalling our position last season.

Whilst I remember, I just have to mention the funniest moment of the game which was a song from the Park Lane end. With hardly any Blackburn support to speak of, the chant of "what time's your minibus" echoed out and the rest of the ground applauded them. I believe Spurs must have the largest repertoire of songs of any team. Amongst them tonight were:

Glory glory Tottenham Hotspur
You can stick Sol Campbell up your arse
Dimitar Berbatov
COYS
We are Tottenham super Tottenham from the Lane
Martin Jol's blue & white army
Yid army
There's only one Keano
Jermain Defoe's a Yidio
We're Park Lane/We're Shelf side
If you hate Ars*nal stand up
Yids
Are you Chelsea in disguise

Haha! You've gotta love the atmosphere. Anyway, I digress even more with three questions:

1) Why was JD wearing a shirt with a ripped sleeve?
2) Why was Rob Styles squeezing Robbo's bicep?
3) Why was Pascal sporting a girly hairstyle?

Answers on a postcard please...or just leave a comment!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=71394441