SpursNetwork

Wigan Vs Spurs

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Wigan Vs Spurs
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2007, 07:29:39 PM »
Just noticed that we have two games in hand on Bolton and everyone else ahead of us except Everton, on whom we have one game in hand. That's all the more reason that we have to WIN WIN WIN!!

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Wigan Vs Spurs
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 09:17:09 PM »
If we win are 2 games in hand we'll be level with Bolton. Actually we would go above them coz they are on -1 GD. So yes a must win tomorrow.

Wigan Vs Spurs
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 11:42:34 AM »
yh i think huddlestone is one of our best players. a real shame hes injured.
i cant see us losing another game this season if we play like we did second half against seville.

Offline THWH90

• In With The ITKs
    • http://www.spursnetwork.com
Wigan Vs Spurs
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2007, 11:53:20 AM »
I totally disagree, zokora, malbranque and jenas are all better than the tommy... Zokora goes on gr8 runs are best midfielder @ the mo. Malbranques dangerous with the ball @ his feet, jenas adds composure + experience 2 the side. Yes huddlestone is a gr8 passer + strong, HOWEVER he does not pull his wait around the pitch + i feel doesnt have the pace yet. Also i feel he doesnt use his strength well enough and i think he feels the pressure in (big) games. 4 the moment he's a very good replacement 4 zokora when hes tired... Also he adds a different option 2 Jol as hes probly 1 of the best passers in the side and does have a wicked shot. But i feel he still has 2 learn and he isnt just ready 4 regular 1st team action, but next/2seasons time will be a gr8 asset...
Get Moussa Sissoko In Spurs!!!!

And come on City, break that bloomin' top 4!

Wigan Vs Spurs
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007, 12:17:51 PM »
I think the players owe the fans a massive performance today and anything other than a convincing win will be unacceptable

Offline Daniisco

Wigan Vs Spurs
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2007, 12:53:22 PM »
I'd pick Hudds over Jenas any day. Plus Hudds is still very young and will improve greatly whereas Jenas, IMO isnt gonna improve much beyond the point he is at now.

Wigan Vs Spurs
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 01:03:33 PM »
I'd rather have jj start than huddlestone at the mo but give it a season or so and huddlestone will reall start realising his full potential and will be a regular starter.

Dont think he should be taking our set plays tho, whats with him smashing the ball 40 yards over the bar everytime?

Wigan Vs Spurs
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 01:06:55 PM »
Quote from: keane on berbatov;3643
Dont think he should be taking our set plays tho, whats with him smashing the ball 40 yards over the bar everytime?

Huddlestone?

He's class at set pieces, specially the crossing one :spoton:

He always gets them in the right area, often perfect :cool:

Tho when he shoots from free kicks, they usually suck

Offline THFC

Wigan Vs Spurs
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2007, 01:14:03 PM »
yer huddlestone is good at set peices in my opinion he is much better than jenas, jenas rarely puts in a good cross and the last few games i havnt heard alot about him at all.
You are my Lennon, My Aaron Lennon

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
Wigan Vs Spurs
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »
In the circumstances a decent result our defending is at times atrocious but we look good going forward 2 terrific goals and a couple of good saves from Robbo. Bring on the Gooners.

Offline THWH90

• In With The ITKs
    • http://www.spursnetwork.com
Wigan Vs Spurs
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2007, 03:47:42 PM »
Did you see jenas 2 day? Him,Dawson,Robbo,Keane were top performers 2da...

MY Ratings:

Robbo 9 (let in 2 goals which he may have been able 2 save but kept us in the game with some gr8 saves)

Chimbonda 6 (very quiet today, didnt get forward at all)

Dawson 9 (Got the ball away almost every time it came in the box, made a defence look not too shaky)

Rocha 5 (Looked very shaky, especially in the air although made some decent tackles... We really do need King)

Ifil 6 (also quiet but managed well on the left and didnt look like he was going to make any mistakes)

Lennon 5 (hardly saw him all game thought he only made about 5 touches in the 70mins he was on for!)

Jenas 10 (made some brilliant runs, one-2s played the ball around... Also won us the penalty after sprinting over the whole pitch. Only weakness today was his freekicks altho put in some good corners and had a top-corner freekick saved by wigan keeper)

Zokora 7 (quiet and didnt make too many runs today, thought he was saving his energy probably coz of being tired from last game. Although passed the ball around and looked competent with the ball at his feet)

Tainio 6 (also hardly noticed him, just kept the shape of midfield although would have preferred to have seen lennon on the right as he didnt pose any threat)

Keane 9 (Great with the ball at his feet and linked up with Berbatov marvelously. Scored 2 goals but in 1st half missed a practically open goal but sliced it...Scored the last goal to grab the point. Also worked really hard for the team despite also playing on thursday.)

Berbatov 9 (Scored a great goal. Won us plenty of freekicks as Wigan struggled to deal with him. Although I would like to see him give us more of an aerial threat up front, but still played great and couldn't have done much more).

Man Of The Match: Jenas (Made the attacks, full of energy as he was everywhere and always played a part in our attacking build up.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 03:50:24 PM by THWH90 »
Get Moussa Sissoko In Spurs!!!!

And come on City, break that bloomin' top 4!

Offline Daniisco

Wigan Vs Spurs
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2007, 04:24:46 PM »
Jenas wasnt that good mate, one of his better games for sure. But in the 2nd half he dwelled on the ball far too much and gave the ball away on a number of occasions. Also his freekicks are useless!

Lennon needs to be on the right, did nothing at all in the game.

Should have won the match, even though they had good chances to score. Our defence is rubbish atm, the opposition look like they will score at every attack.

We also seem to only want to score when the opposing team gets one first. Just don't understand that.

Next game must win! and we all know who its against.  :spurs crest:

Offline COYS

Wigan Vs Spurs
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2007, 04:40:46 PM »
I agree one of Jenas' better games, our defence looked shakey apart from dawson and the midfield wasn't on top form. We need King back and Lee or Ekoto, then we might stop conceeding so many goals.

And also imo Huddlestone, i think he is one of our best players.

Our attck is awesome ;)
Berba > God

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
Wigan Vs Spurs
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2007, 04:43:54 PM »
The fact that Jenas did well today just underlines my frustration with him. Yes he makes good runs, yes he has a good engine and yes at times he shows flashes of skill. The problem is he doesn't do it anywhere near often enough he gives the ball away far to much his free kicks are often wasteful  and for a lot of games he is little more than a passenger. He must frustrate a lot of people you can see that he is a good player but he really must find some consistency in order to be worth his place in the team.

Wigan Vs Spurs
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2007, 05:06:15 PM »
Tell you what, we played some really nice football, specially in the 1st half.

It was like watching Brazil :cool:

Unusual for us, usually its all untidy :D