SpursNetwork

Chelsea Vs Spurs.

Chelsea Vs Spurs.
« on: April 05, 2007, 10:02:32 PM »

PREMIERSHIP - Saturday, 7 April 2007 - Stamford Bridge
[/B]

Might as well start this one now as its nearly upon us.

How do you think the lads will react to the Sevilla game? Think Keane and Berbatov might get a rest in time for the weekday matches next week?

Predictions?

Not sure i can see us winning but a point should be gettable
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 10:07:09 PM by keane on berbatov »

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Chelsea Vs Spurs.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 01:01:05 PM »
I expect a few changes to the team. Defoe should come in, he's been looking sharpe recently. Berba needs a rest and i think Mido is fit again. Even though I'm not to keen on him recently. It will be great to see King back if he plays, his presence will give us much needed confidence at the back.

But I think the best we can hope for is a draw.

Offline Lew

• http://Www.Myspace.Com/1Klone
Chelsea Vs Spurs.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 01:12:43 PM »
I cant honestly seeing us getting anything out of this game. I hope that I am wrong, but I can't see us not losing this one.

However, fingers crossed for a draw to be honest.
COYS.

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Chelsea Vs Spurs.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 02:03:26 PM »
I really am not as bothered about this game. Even with a weak team in the FA Cup we should have beaten them. I think giving the fringe players a run out and Ledders is the way to go.

CERNY
STALTERI // KING // ROCHA // LYP
GHALY // TAINIO // JENAS // MALBRANQUE/TARAABT
DEFOE // MIDO

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Chelsea Vs Spurs.
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 03:30:57 PM »
This would be a tough one in the best of circumstances, coming hot on the heels of the trip to Spain be best just to field a weakened team and hope for the best. You never know the fringe players with something to prove might even manage to get something tho I wouldn't bet on it.

Berba's girl

Chelsea Vs Spurs.
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 07:18:52 PM »
Having to play 2 games in 40 hours is ridiculous - why the Sevilla match wasn't changed to Weds I'll never know. For that reason, I'm not expecting our boys to get anything out of Saturday - so any points will be a bonus. I think Defoe will definitely play but Mido against Chelscum? Really? It's not as enjoyable watching Spurs without my Berba-man! ;-)

Lisa x
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 11:58:45 AM by Berba's girl »

Offline Powerage

Chelsea Vs Spurs.
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 08:59:43 PM »
I would love Jol too put out a second team and give Chelsea a game as the players will want too get regular spots.

You can bet your ass though that if we do this and get beat, the Chelsea fans will bang on and on about it.

I think we will lose, Chelsea have enough players too win the game although I would love too beat / draw with them and United too beat Pompey too REALLY **** up there season.

Chelsea Vs Spurs.
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 10:46:59 PM »
We may have lost in spain on thursday night. But on the weekend we will complete a league double over Chelski and that is due and if we do it i'll be amazed. COYS!!.

Chelsea Vs Spurs.
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 12:19:28 PM »
I reckon Jol will start with a weakened team and rest lennon, berbatov and keane. Hopefully King gets a little runout aswell because i want him fit for the Sevilla match. I'm going for a 2-1 loss today. Getting into the semi finals of the uefa cup is more important than the 3 points today.
We love you Tottenham, we do

Oh Tottenham we love you.

:wub:

Chelsea Vs Spurs.
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 12:38:17 PM »
where are the links to the game?

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Chelsea Vs Spurs.
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 02:47:24 PM »
Well I think we deserved a point from this game. A defensive mistake gave them their goal. We had some very poor performers today. Steed, Ghaly, Defoe and Jenas were sh*t tbh.

We had a very good chance to score through Mido and how he missed I'll never know. But it wasn't the most important game so I'm not too upset with the result just upset with some of the performances from the players.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
Chelsea Vs Spurs.
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 03:01:48 PM »
Yeah we could have done with a point, Jenas is starting to piss me off. thats like his 5th game in a row he has played poor, ever since the Everton game

Chelsea Vs Spurs.
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 03:04:39 PM »
Yeh im also starting to get pissed off with jenas, he isnt getting invloved and he is looking absolutley knackered by half time. Also his set pieces are really pissing me off as they are s**t, especially today. As soon as zokora replaced him zokora took a free kick and a corner and they both caused chelsea problems.

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Chelsea Vs Spurs.
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2007, 04:13:01 PM »
I feel we deserved a point, we battled and survived the first half despite Chelsea's dominance. Rocha made another mistake for the goal, that knocked us back but we pressed Chelsea in the final 20 minutes.

Defoe was anonymous despite how sharp he was looking recently, Jenas and Steed also played badly.

Berba's girl

Chelsea Vs Spurs.
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2007, 04:35:43 PM »
Gotta agree with previous comments. Jenas looks better as a defender than a midfielder - poor again today as was Ghaly. Steed & Jermain didn't get a look in either. I wouldn't have JJ as first choice ever - Tainio/Zokora for me.

You could see how the structure of the team changed when Zokora came on, despite it being the last 10 mins - he closes down players well - something we are not particularly strong doing as a unit. Daws keeps on running....he never gets a rest bless him - shows how vital he is. Taarabt looks a good prospect for his age.

But hey....let's put it all behind us - we didn't expect to get anything from the game anyway. Let's look ahead to Thursday & please God we can get thru to the semis.