SpursNetwork

Tottenham 0-0 Man City

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham 0-0 Man City
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2010, 04:08:40 PM »
BAE tackle on Wright-Phillips was fantastic but if he actually communicated with king and co he wouldn't have played SWP onside there for not having to make up with that recovery. Never the less it was perfectly timed but should have been avoided...
COYS!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2010, 05:19:27 PM »
It always tells you something when the opposition keeper gets Man of the Match !!

If Defoe's first effort goes in then we go on to win 2, 3, 4 who knows, a good performance with lots of positives the defence looked capable and Bale and Lennon both looked good. Personally I thought Huddlestone had a quiet game, the forwards worked hard but at the end of the day we didn't score and that's a problem.

Should of been 3 points really but let's hope we can improve on the finishing front and take advantage of teams like Man Citeh who to be honest were average at best!!!!

:)
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2010, 10:29:22 PM »
what a load of tosh about Citeh's team not being good on Saturday cos they need time to gel..... they had only 3 new players on the pitch...

thats about par for the course for most clubs 1st game of the season..... Liverpool had 2 newbies J.Cole and Jovanovic and were beating Ars*nal 1-0 until the 89min, and they only had 10 men...

we spanked them hard the 1st 45mins, and they know it..... J.Hart had a dream-day and Citeh got away with being what they still are..... a Europa League standard side....

« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2010, 02:36:56 PM »
was a good opening game, just unfortunate that Hart had the game of his life.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2010, 04:52:44 PM »
the luck we didnt have against Citeh, was there yesterday against Stoke.... swings n roundabouts..