Stoke

Barclays Premier League - 9th April - KO 15:000 - Ground: White Hart Lane

« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 10:53:41 AM by Biggs »

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Tottenham v Stoke
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 01:36:36 PM »
Failure to get 3 points = 4th gone (even though it's unlikely now)

Hoping for a players backlash, 3-0.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 01:38:53 PM »
Make it or break it, eh. The game against Stoke City is not going to be a walk in the park but what really interests me is who will Harry select for this game as he probably wants to keep certain players fit for the next Wednesday to prevent a humiliating loss at WHL. Well, Crouch will probably play as he can stay home next week...  :P

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 02:18:41 PM »
Strategically, the most important priorities are as follows :-

1) boost/retain the market-values of Vaart and Modric by playing them as much as possible til season-end.... Utd have shown interest in Vaart and Modric is coveted by Utd and Chavski (also Italian clubs eg. Inter)...

2) if after (1) its still possible to get 5th, that will be sufficient for a good season.... strong possibilty here.

3) USE CL NON-QUALIFICATION next season to mitigate the sales of 2 certain players with the unsophisticated fanbase and show good intent by getting 1 marque-signing eg. Forlan...... use rest of financial and political capital to do WHAT REALLY MATTERS and get quality strikers with 'wide skillsets"  (not 1-trick ponies like Crouch)...

if these things happen by next season..... we go for the Premiership title... for the next 5yrs at least.

its gonna happen.

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 03:24:01 PM »
Harry is being found out...................

Tactically inept and was humiliated by a master >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mourinho............

Still sticking to his favourites who dont repay his faith>>>>>>>>>>>> Jenas

His undesirable players perform when given little chance>>>>>>>>. Niko, Pav

The CL was a novelty we will not enjoy again for sometime. I predict a draw against stoke or a defeat. After which our season is over.

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 03:58:05 PM »
Harry is being found out...................

Tactically inept and was humiliated by a master >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mourinho............

Still sticking to his favourites who dont repay his faith>>>>>>>>>>>> Jenas

His undesirable players perform when given little chance>>>>>>>>. Niko, Pav

The CL was a novelty we will not enjoy again for sometime. I predict a draw against stoke or a defeat. After which our season is over.

Here come the doom and gloom merchants :shhh:
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 04:07:10 PM »
I've always been ere mate. Its my job to take you rose -petalled bespectacled merchants back down to earth now and again. Its called reality mate, you should try it!!! ;) 

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 04:18:23 PM »
I've always been ere mate. Its my job to take you rose -petalled bespectacled merchants back down to earth now and again. Its called reality mate, you should try it!!! ;)

Reality?...the reality is, that we can still finish 4th...we are only 6 points off 3rd place ffs...lets wait until its mathematically impossible for us to finish 4th before the crying and complaining starts ;)
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 04:41:50 PM »

Reality?...the reality is, that we can still finish 4th...we are only 6 points off 3rd place ffs...lets wait until its mathematically impossible for us to finish 4th before the crying and complaining starts ;)

Nicely put Derry!!

Yes it may look unlikely to some but we are still in the race for 4th
COYS!

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 04:43:31 PM »
Who's going to bet against a crouch double on Saturday v Stoke?
COYS!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 04:48:38 PM »

Nicely put Derry!!

Yes it may look unlikely to some but we are still in the race for 4th
It ain't over 'til it's over.

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 04:49:53 PM »
Hi Guys. Clearly we are all suffering from mixed emotions after a miserable evening in Madrid and a terrible run of results in the EPL.  I see BigV's point that its hard to get enthusiastic when you combine whats been happening. Harry IS being found out - so many people on here have said that his team selection seems to be based on favouritism - why on earth isn't Krankers playing? A gem of a player! He actual does what Defoe doesnt do - score goals! There is something very wrong with our training regime too - look at the injury list - and they seem to happen away from matches. I hear that Charlie is injured now too, so we have no right back with Hutton out, unless Gallas reverts there again, but I understand that he too aggravated his injury during the game last night, so we may have to put Krankers there lol! Seriously, its worry ahead of the last 8 games.
However, as Derry says, it is still mathematically possible to grab 4th or even third, although its a tall order. To be real, we cannot water down our expectations of matches "because the other team is fighting for their lives" - a top 4 team should steamroller them. if we dont, we dont deserve to be in the CL next season as the table doesnt lie come the end of May. We have been watering down our expactions too much of late and fate stepped in and dealt the blows. We cannot make excuses ahead of the Stoke game - its at WHL - we beat them at the Britannia - anything short of 3 points and we realistically have to admit that we will not catch City or Chelase - thats not being negative, just hinest having appraised the situation.
So, lets hope Harry can rally the boys and get them up for the Stoke game - if he rests player for Madrid it will be foolhardy, as that a done deal now.
So now, i am living the fact that on saturday night we will have beaten Stoke and given us something to watch for the rest of the season.  :coys:

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 05:02:07 PM »
Krankjar was injured last night but 'Arry put him on the bench because he had no one else !!!

:)

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 06:13:21 PM »
Who's going to bet against a crouch double on Saturday v Stoke?

ME, he's scored 2 goals in the league this season.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 07:17:39 PM »
Lets hope the guys dont pick anymore injuries before the weekend. We need to have all the best players fit. I guess Huddlestone will start to feature a bit more now and add some creativity to our play, plus he can whack 'em in from a long way out too!  :)