TV: Sky Sports 1| Live Feed | Make Prediction

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 03:25:17 PM by Biggs »

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Wigan Vs Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 11:35:29 AM »
Hopefully Lennon will get a run out. I wouldn't start him, 20 mins would do tho. A win is needed, I don't want us to turn into Villa. We were down to the bones of our arses against Bolton. Hopefully the HT rollocking will put us back on form. 3-0 Spurs, although I'd take 2-1, just as long as we get 3 points!!!
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 04:45:31 PM »
Its easy though, as long as we can give defoe more Through pass, than a long ball to crouch. =_+ i dont get it, we used to give more through pass then these long balls. Why now? Was it because crouch got upset he didnt get to score much?

Offline Lowestoft Yid

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 05:45:14 PM »
Doesn't look like Lennon will B fit >:(

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 06:00:46 PM »
Personally, i think Bentley needs to have a game on the bench and put Kranjcar in

Offline CountPuchi

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 11:24:11 PM »
Yes i agree~ Krancjar on the left Modders on the right! If modders on the right Corluka can protect his ass. Krancjar can cover for Bale~

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 09:36:42 AM »
9-1 again?!?  :D Er.... Maybe not ill play it safe and say a draw, the way were playing at the mo.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 10:29:59 AM »
No no no no. When modders and Niko play on the wings we have no width watsoever. Keep Bentley on the right, he's been playing well for us so why drop him???
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 11:27:03 AM »
We need to start Krancjar, he adds more creativity and gets shots off. Looks like Lennon wont be fit for sunday after reports saying he will be! Damn It! We just need to kock it around and keep the ball on the bloody floor and Wigan wont get a sniff. No long ball rubbbish to Crouch. I have been so off with predictions against the lower teams i will just say i hope we win because we sure need to.

Offline CountPuchi

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 03:37:44 PM »
More through balls !! Not Long balls!

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 02:18:48 PM »
No no no no. When modders and Niko play on the wings we have no width watsoever. Keep Bentley on the right, he's been playing well for us so why drop him???

I agree mate. We have to utilise our width with 2 wingers in Bale and Bentley. Crouchy could be a real handfull so im expecting a few more diagonal balls from Daws to Crouchy. Im optomistic we can carry over the second half performance from the Bolton game and nick the 3 points on Sunday. Shame Lennon wouldn't make it
COYS!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 08:34:03 PM »
Wigan's Titus Bramble is unlikely to shake off the hamstring injury he picked up against Bolton in midweek.

Aside from that Roberto Martinez only has concerns over Steve Gohouri and Richard Kingson.

Tottenham remain without winger Aaron Lennon, but manager Harry Redknapp announced this week that his groin injury does not require surgery.

Ledley King may be saved for the FA Cup replay with Bolton on Wednesday and Jermaine Jenas faces a late test.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wigan (from): Kirkland, Melchiot, Caldwell, Boyce, Figueroa, Scharner, N'Zogbia, Diame, Thomas, McCarthy, Rodallega, Moreno, Moses, Scotland, Sinclair, Stoijkovic, Gomez, Koumas, Watson.

Injured: Bramble and Gohouri (both hamstring), Kingson (muscle tear)

Tottenham (from):Gomes, Alnwick, Corluka, K Walker, Bale, Bassong, Dawson, King, Kaboul, Palacios, Jenas, Huddlestone, Modric, Kranjcar, Bentley, Rose, Pavlyuchenko, Gudjohnsen, Defoe, Crouch.

Doubtful: Jenas (groin)

Injured: Assou-Ekotto (hip), Cudicini (broken wrists), Lennon & Woodgate (both groin)

You can get odds of 500-1 on either side managing a repeat of the 9-1 scoreline Tottenham racked up in the reverse fixture in November.

But Tottenham's magic touch in front of goal has deserted them of late and Wigan have only scored more than one goal in a league match once since mid-December.

Tottenham's travails away from home, and their distinct lack of goals, is a concern for manager Harry Redknapp. Shorn of the injured Aaron Lennon, sides have worked Tottenham's tactics out and the lack of a decent supply line to Jermain Defoe and close marking of Peter Crouch has seen Spurs score just once away from home in their last four league matches.

Earlier this week Redknapp bemoaned his side's lack of a Frank Lampard figure who can weigh in with 20 goals a season, not surprising given that his central midfield duo of Tom Huddlestone and Wilson Palacios have scored just two league goals between them this term.

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez says his side must "cash in" on their home fixtures if they are to steer clear of the relegation zone.

Easier said than done when the surface at the DW Stadium has been churned up by a combination of bad weather, football and the start of the rugby league season. It is not likely to be conducive to the passing game both sides like to play, so a 9-1 scoreline looks like a bet definitely worth avoiding.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 06:40:49 PM »
Great win, Bloody love Pav. he just needs to get his head down and carry on the way he is. I much prefer him to Crouch as he links up well with Defoe and Modders plus, unlike Crouch, he can stick the ball in the bloody net. Don't care if the first was offside its bout time we had some luck go our way.

C.O.Y.S

Bill Nicholson

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 08:02:34 PM »
Aye about time we had a bit of luck fall our way in front of goal instead of 0-0 draws! Bloody pleased with the result, i never saw that score line coming!

Super Pav! pleased for the big man, is time we dropped crouchy, not scored in 7 games now :o
COYS!

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 08:18:40 PM »
Im so happy for Pav! A double after coming on as a sub is great and it was a good move for Harry to bring him on. Hopefully he starts against Bolton in the cup. I would as would pretty much anyone love for Pav to start instead of Crouch, he such a better natural striker than him. The pitch was awful and i dont see how that is fit for league 2 let alone the premier league! Bale was good yet again as was Modric and it was good to see Defoe bag another goal but today has to be all about super pav! He needs to stop making comments about Harry though and just get his head down and play. We needed that result! COYS