The FA Cup - Fourth Round - 23rd Jan 2010 - KO 15:00 - Ground: White Hart Lane

TV: TBA | Live Feed | Make Prediction

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 08:50:39 PM by Biggs »

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Leeds - FA Cup
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 10:08:27 PM »
The most important thing is not to underestimate Leeds. They knocked out ManU and that is a huge achievement, especially when we think of our last encounter with mancunians. They can be nasty and they have nothing to lose. It's good that we are playing at home because it just might make things a little easier.
Robbie Keane should start, he seems to do well against his former teams. At least he used to...  :P

All in all I predict a 2:1 or 3:1 win for us. Keane to score at least one goal.

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 09:32:00 AM »
All in all Gio should play and play Either modders or krancjar on the left.

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 09:56:30 AM »
After what happened mid-week Harry will want a big response, and so do I.  In order to recover I think the best thing for us to do is to kick seven shades of SH*T out of leeds. They are League One opposition FFs. Screw Fulham, I wana thrash Leeds first. United didnt put out a full strangth side and knowing Harry he will put out a strong side because of his love for the cup. I think Harry we do all that he can to win the cup this year as it some silverware will soften the blow if we dont get 4th.

Like I said before I want 7 shades of SH*T kicked out of 'em. I want 7-0 Spurs. ;D
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 10:52:31 AM »
We cannot underestimate Leeds even though they are league 1 opposition. We must put out a full strength side because they will definatley be well up for it. Hopefully we will give Gio a run out because he deserves one, not Pav though hes a moaning little bitch that can stay on the bench. I want the perfect response and if we get beaten or even draw i will be so embarrassed and wont leave my house.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 05:18:28 PM »
Team News

Aaron Lennon will miss the chance to face his former club Leeds United in the FA Cup at White Hart Lane on Saturday.

The winger who made his debut at 16 for Leeds at the Lane back in August, 2003 remains sidelined with a groin injury.

"He was hoping to be fit for this game, he has pushed himself but he's not ready yet," explained Harry on Friday.

Tom Huddlestone is also out of the fourth round tie with the knee problem that forced him out of the reckoning at Liverpool on Wednesday. "His knee is still a little puffy and we won't take a chance with it," said Harry.

Ledley King will not feature after starting at Anfield. The defender came off with cramp 80 minutes into the 2-0 defeat. "He came through that okay," added Harry. "But two games in such quick succession isn't possible at the moment and he won't play."

Benoit Assou-Ekotto (hip), Jonathan Woodgate (groin) and Carlo Cudicini (pelvis, wrist) remain sidelined.

Harry suggested that young winger Danny Rose will make an appearance against his former club.

Danny, who joined us from Elland Road in July, 2007, won a penalty in the last round against Peterborough United and has impressed Harry of late.

"He's worked hard, trained well, showed a great attitude and he'll get a chance to play," said Harry. "He can play wide left, he's quick and he gets at defenders. He can also play central and he's a tough lad as well. I'm looking forward to seeing him play."

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 05:20:42 PM »
Tottenham winger Aaron Lennon is still nursing a groin injury and will miss the clash against his former club.

Tom Huddlestone (knee) is also out and Ledley King will be rested, but midfielder Jamie O'Hara is available.

Striker Luciano Becchio is expected to return alongside Jermaine Beckford for Leeds, while defender Patrick Kisnorbo could also come back in to the side.

Goalkeeper Shane Higgs is still dogged by a thigh problem, so Casper Ankergren will continue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leeds United manager Simon Grayson told BBC Radio Leeds:

"It's a fantastic challenge - he's a fantastic character and I've got a huge amount of respect for Harry [Redknapp].

"He's put together probably the strongest team that Tottenham have had for a long time - they're genuine top-four candidates.

"Whatever team Tottenham put out we'll try and concentrate and use our strengths and maybe try to hit Tottenham where they might have one or two weaknesses."

Oh and the game is on ITV1.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 11:09:39 AM »
Do you know if there will be a live feed for todays game??
:SN:[font

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 01:08:54 PM »
i would like to know that too

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 04:03:03 PM »
its up now  :)

Offline ozoha

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 04:36:54 PM »
Looks like Rose will get his first start. Come on Rose, show your quality!
Audere et Facere!

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 05:13:29 PM »
We gotta give Leeds a good kicking and put them down to earth after there shock win at old trafford. I think this will be a very close game.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 07:39:24 PM »
Same old, same old. Jenas and Defoe were the liabilities today, I'm afraid. Away game won't be easier though. Let's hope for the best.

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 09:37:28 PM »
Gomes is about the only consitency we have right now.
I thought Jenas, Crouch, Bassong all had poor games I am beginning to grow tired of Crouch, he lumbers about but just seems to lack control.
I thought bale was good and Hutton played with conviction.
But why oh why when there were 90 seconds to go [and does anyone else think hat 5 minutes as a little on the generous side for extra time?] when we had the ball did Bale launch himself up field and attempt to go for a goal, surely playing for the corner and holding the ball was the option that would have got us home.
Without Lennon we just seem too leaden too predictable. Thought Rose looked the goods though.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 09:50:38 PM »
Credit to Leeds they never gave up. We had our chances to put them to bed and we didnt, we now face a reply we could have done without
COYS!