Burnley v Tottenham
« on: April 05, 2015, 06:36:56 AM »

Burnley
____

v
____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 5th April  - KO 13:30  - Ground: Turf Moor

Burnley defender Stephen Ward could be involved against Tottenham after overcoming an ankle injury.
The Clarets have no fresh injury concerns and Matt Taylor, who has not featured since August, is back in training following Achilles surgery.
Spurs goalkeeper Hugo Lloris will miss out because of the gashed knee he suffered against Leicester.
Danny Rose is nursing hamstring and hip issues, while Roberto Soldado is also a doubt with a knee injury.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Burnley v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 10:05:28 PM »
So 0-0, in a game where we failed to turn up. Well played Burnley as there fighting to stay up.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 11:04:58 PM »
Most boring game ever!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 05:08:38 PM »
I am still optimistic that we might get a top 4 placing. However, it will be very slim. I suppose all we realistically can expect is a top 5th or 6th spot. But then again one of the other top teams could slip and we we've got City to play.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 11:33:21 AM »
      Well that was a really lost opportunity, :( :( we could have played til midnight and still not scored, :nope: :nope: we had an opportunity to put a gap between us and the Scousers and we now know that had we have won we could have closed the gap on City :nods: :nods:, my feelings are that we will finish at best 6th, unless of course we take advantage of teams above us dropping points and given recent results I think that that is highly unlikely. :-\ :-\

COYS
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 05:28:41 PM »
      Well that was a really lost opportunity, :( :( we could have played til midnight and still not scored, :nope: :nope: we had an opportunity to put a gap between us and the Scousers and we now know that had we have won we could have closed the gap on City :nods: :nods:, my feelings are that we will finish at best 6th, unless of course we take advantage of teams above us dropping points and given recent results I think that that is highly unlikely. :-\ :-\

COYS

'Highly unlikely' maybe, but not impossible. I will still keep my fingers crossed and hope for miracles. But if not then back to the Europa league next year. :-\
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 07:36:25 PM »
I was at the game and we were dead and didn't deserve to win. At that rate, we will be lucky to get 6th or 7th placing. But I do admire Voice's optimism. Next stop Tim Sherwood, oh, sorry, Aston Villa and Tim Sherwood.

Jane x

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 10:42:51 AM »
It was probably the worst game i`ve ever seen on sky.We were absolutely awful and wouldn`t have scored if we`d played until next easter.Kane got absolutely no service or help from anyone.The back four is terrible and the midfield lacked any sort of creative spark.It looks to me as though one or two of them have given the season up and are just going through the motions.
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 12:23:30 PM »
It was probably the worst game i`ve ever seen on sky.We were absolutely awful and wouldn`t have scored if we`d played until next easter.Kane got absolutely no service or help from anyone.The back four is terrible and the midfield lacked any sort of creative spark.It looks to me as though one or two of them have given the season up and are just going through the motions.

It looks to me as though we have definitely given up all hope of top 4, and are going through the motions. Whilst I also admire Voice's optimism, I do not share it. We are clearly no where near good enough over 38 games to finish top 4, as Tim Sherwood remarked this time last year, anyone who thinks we will finish top 4 is deluded. He was right.

This season for me has been an experimental one. New manager, new system & training methods. Hopefully new recruitment personnel, and generally speaking I am satisfied with the direction we have gone so far. We now need to somehow bring in the 2 full backs, centre back, wingers and strikers to replace the half dozen or so players who have proved beyond doubt that they are not good enough, despite all being given plenty of opportunity.

To do all of this in the summer is a daunting task, time will tell if we succeed that soon.

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 09:20:06 AM »

It looks to me as though we have definitely given up all hope of top 4, and are going through the motions. Whilst I also admire Voice's optimism, I do not share it. We are clearly no where near good enough over 38 games to finish top 4, as Tim Sherwood remarked this time last year, anyone who thinks we will finish top 4 is deluded. He was right.

This season for me has been an experimental one. New manager, new system & training methods. Hopefully new recruitment personnel, and generally speaking I am satisfied with the direction we have gone so far. We now need to somehow bring in the 2 full backs, centre back, wingers and strikers to replace the half dozen or so players who have proved beyond doubt that they are not good enough, despite all being given plenty of opportunity.

To do all of this in the summer is a daunting task, time will tell if we succeed that soon.
Agree with everything you say.

I like what pochettino`s trying to do but unfortunately for him he doesn`t have the players to achieve it.I just hope the trigger happy mr levy gives him the time he needs.History , however suggests he won`t
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 09:59:02 AM »

Agree with everything you say.

I like what pochettino`s trying to do but unfortunately for him he doesn`t have the players to achieve it.I just hope the trigger happy mr levy gives him the time he needs.History , however suggests he won`t

I think that this season has as you say been an experimental one, New Coach, system and training methods, it was always going to be difficult to break into the Top 4. :nods: Personally I think that whilst we haven't won anything, it has still been a reasonably successful one, in Pochettino I think maybe, just maybe, we have found a Coach who can lead the Club to success, and we can only hope and pray that Levy feels the same and gives him both the TIME and FUNDS that will allow him to complete the JOB, but time will tell, here's HOPING!! :nods: :up: :up:
     Obviously a lot depends on whether he can convince certain players(Lloris, Verthongen, Eriksen, Mason, Bentaleb and Kane & a few others) to stay for the ride. I for one certainly hope so!!!!! :) :) :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:08:57 AM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 04:58:34 PM »
It looks to me as though we have definitely given up all hope of top 4, and are going through the motions. Whilst I also admire Voice's optimism, I do not share it.

I always try to be optimistic until it is impossible to be optimistic. However, with the way this season has gone (Palace beating City, and City dropping to 4th) anything is possible. There is only one certainty in my book (and that is Chelsea winning the league). As for the next 3 spots; any 5 clubs can possibly could reach it. For us to reach it we need luck, results going our way and of course we must also pick up points.

You might not agree with me, but I bet you hope I am right! :up:
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Spursx

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 07:40:32 PM »
I was at the game and I was very disappointed by the way we performed. No commitment. But on a good note Vorm performed well stopping an important goal going in near the end. I hope they buck up a bit for our next fixture against Aston Villa.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2015, 08:37:29 PM »
I am still optimistic that we might get a top 4 placing. However, it will be very slim. I suppose all we realistically can expect is a top 5th or 6th spot. But then again one of the other top teams could slip and we we've got City to play.

No comment needed here other than "Stop Dreaming!"

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2015, 08:45:22 AM »

No comment needed here other than "Stop Dreaming!"

Which part am I dreaming about? A 5th or 6th spot or a top 4 spot? If we can't win today then it will be a dream, and no doubt I'll wake up and start all over again dreaming about next season.  :D
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do