SpursNetwork

FA Cup: Spurs V Leicester City

Offline Spursx

• Season Ticket: Yes
Re: FA Cup: Spurs V Leicester City
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 06:57:43 PM »
Yet another reality check, and demonstrates perfectly that our 2nd string 11 are not up to scratch, which re-enforces the need for players in this window, or we may well end up with Europa League next year as our only achievement

Is it a reality check? There was nine changes. That means virtually a different team, so where does the reality check come in? And we only lost because of a goal keeper error. When we analyse Spurs defeat or victory, and then compare it with the opposite result we must first decide what team are we discussing them with (that is Spurs A team or B team). If there is any criticism then it is that Pochettino made too many changes.
It was a reality check for Pochettino for sure. He picked a team he believed had a good chance of winning, yet we lost. Whether it was because of 'keeper or not, doesn't really matter.

I am with you Riffhard. Too many changes, so what do you expect? I think the reason for this is that is is concentrating on the Capita One Cup and League. Anything else he will send out his B team. That is ok providing he either wins a cup or is in the top 4. It would be ashame if he ended up with nothing.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 07:55:18 PM »
The fact is that the winner of the FA Cup gets a spot in the CL, whereas the League Cup gets a spot in the Europa League... Of course, as I cannot see our trophy cabinet spilling over, I would take any silverware, but we all know the FA Cup is still the more prestigious one.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 02:01:44 AM »
The fact is that the winner of the FA Cup gets a spot in the CL, whereas the League Cup gets a spot in the Europa League... Of course, as I cannot see our trophy cabinet spilling over, I would take any silverware, but we all know the FA Cup is still the more prestigious one.

Winners of the FA cup don't get a CL place, only top 4 teams in the league do.
They get a place in the Europa league.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2015, 05:59:58 AM »

Winners of the FA cup don't get a CL place, only top 4 teams in the league do.
They get a place in the Europa league.
Ok, that's me spouting wrong facts again. Sorry.  :hide:
England Qualifying Rules for UCL and Europa League:1. England have 4 CL and 3 Europa League slots (Max any country can get and England have the highest coefficient points)
2. England's top 4 automatically qualify for CL unless
2.a. An English team wins the champions league and not in top 4.
2.b. If the CL winner is not in top 4, CL winner automatically qualifies and the 4th place team goes to Europa league. (This rule was introduced after 2005-06 where Liverpool won CL but finished 5th, that year UEFA allowed 5 teams from England but made clear that it will winner + 3 others)
3. Next 3 team in PL goes to Europa League unless
3.a. An English team wins the Champions League and did not qualify for UCL
3.b. If A Europa league winner is not qualified for UCL, Europa league winner auotmatically qualifies for Europa
3.c. If FA cup winner is not in top 7 of PL FA Cup winner will go through Europa League
3.d. If FA cup winner is qualified for UCL then FA Cup runner up qualifies for Europa League
3.e If League cup winner is not qualified for UCL then League Cup winner gets the place for Europa League.