Hull v Tottenham

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Hull v Tottenham
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2014, 08:50:30 AM »
We got a point after going 1-0 another day we could of lost,yes a win would of been great. We have just gone 5 away games unbeaten, lose 5-1 to a championship title team and a point against a team fighting to stay up and all hell breaks up.

Now is why I don't really post on things like this, I like to express my views in real life games which I'll do at the Lane next Sunday.

Before you say, I didn't say we're good or not good enough.

Ill leave the thoughts between you gents, be good now. ;)

Ok before we all go into meltdown and start calling for another new manager and Sherwoods head on a spike outside the gates of the lane, remember we have lost one league game under Sherwood and although yesterdays performance wasn't great we got a point.
All you with short memories need to remember we got that kind of crap every game either home or away and as for having no heart AVB sold it all, remember Rome wasn't rebuilt in a day !!!

Get behind Sherwood give him time otherwise come next august we will have another name on a fortune with no love or desire for the club picking up a huge salary and spouting bulls**t again !!!
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2014, 08:54:02 AM »
Ugs, I personally don't have a problem with Tim Sherwood's managing skills, I do have a problem with his recruitment skills, though.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 04:48:08 PM »
We got a point after going 1-0 another day we could of lost,yes a win would of been great. We have just gone 5 away games unbeaten, lose 5-1 to a championship title team and a point against a team fighting to stay up and all hell breaks up.

Now is why I don't really post on things like this, I like to express my views in real life games which I'll do at the Lane next Sunday.

Ok before we all go into meltdown and start calling for another new manager and Sherwoods head on a spike outside the gates of the lane, remember we have lost one league game under Sherwood and although yesterdays performance wasn't great we got a point.
All you with short memories need to remember we got that kind of crap every game either home or away and as for having no heart AVB sold it all, remember Rome wasn't rebuilt in a day !!!

Get behind Sherwood give him time otherwise come next august we will have another name on a fortune with no love or desire for the club picking up a huge salary and spouting bulls**t again !!!

I agree, we've got to support Sherwood to the end of the season then reassess his situation then. I do hope he can get us into a top 4 position and we are in a healthy position to get there (but we've got to beat teams like Hull) it will be Levy that assess the situation and not us.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2014, 07:33:39 PM »
Personally, he has my support, but only until the end of Feb. Missing out on CL would be a big nono!

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 06:40:00 AM »

I agree, we've got to support Sherwood to the end of the season then reassess his situation then. I do hope he can get us into a top 4 position and we are in a healthy position to get there (but we've got to beat teams like Hull) it will be Levy that assess the situation and not us.

Voice it would appear that you have changed your tune somewhat, I refer you to the comments you made after we played QPR 12th Jan 2013.

Personally, he has my support, but only until the end of Feb. Missing out on CL would be a big nono!

Why only until the end of Feb, I was under the impression the season finished in May.   :o :o :o
        It was OK to miss out on CL last year under AVB, why is it a big no-no under Tim Sherwood this season, when he has only been Coach since Dec? Not even half a season!! ??? ??? ???
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 08:11:48 AM »

Voice it would appear that you have changed your tune somewhat, I refer you to the comments you made after we played QPR 12th Jan 2013.

Why only until the end of Feb, I was under the impression the season finished in May.   :o :o :o
        It was OK to miss out on CL last year under AVB, why is it a big no-no under Tim Sherwood this season, when he has only been Coach since Dec? Not even half a season!! ??? ??? ???

We should not lose sight of the facts. Tim Sherwood has only the same pool of substandard players to pick from as did AVB so there is no real reason to think he will ultimately do any better then he did.
The stats speak for themselves. We have scored the least number of goals of any top 10 side. We have conceded the most goals of any top 10 side. Doesn't take much working out why we are in the position we are really.
Against Hull, yet again, we were unable to deal with a ball up the middle of our defence, who still have no real idea how to defend properly. Is it any wonder we have conceded so many goals.
Yet again our passing in the final third was a joke, and as for Soldado, and Lamella ( who ? ) all I keep thinking about is what we could have done with the 60 million if only our scouting / recruitment team where better than they are.
Back to the drawing board, yet again if you ask me.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 09:20:45 AM »

We should not lose sight of the facts. Tim Sherwood has only the same pool of substandard players to pick from as did AVB so there is no real reason to think he will ultimately do any better then he did.
The stats speak for themselves. We have scored the least number of goals of any top 10 side. We have conceded the most goals of any top 10 side. Doesn't take much working out why we are in the position we are really.
Against Hull, yet again, we were unable to deal with a ball up the middle of our defence, who still have no real idea how to defend properly. Is it any wonder we have conceded so many goals.
Yet again our passing in the final third was a joke, and as for Soldado, and Lamella ( who ? ) all I keep thinking about is what we could have done with the 60 million if only our scouting / recruitment team where better than they are.
Back to the drawing board, yet again if you ask me.

Brilliantly put RSS61, you some it up perfectly, all we keep hearing is Soldado give him time, Lamella bring him in gradually!, if things stay as you are and we finish 5th or worse then these players suddenly have release clauses in there contract and off they go!, who ever we play every player should give the best, against Hull!!!! we were made to look like bottom 10 not top 4!, our players have been taught basic football, Keep the ball, pass & move" look up/ around to see where your team mates are and above all else keep the ball moving and on the deck!, when you dont have it close down players, dont give them time and space to pick a pass, play to the whistle, if you go down and you dont have the ball get back up, if you lose the ball go win it back. Our players are paid plenty to do the basics and not wait for someone else to do it as against Hull, if our midfield did this, ALL of our strikers held the ball up it would give our defence a rest and chance to get back into formation, instead we see our full backs flying forward, we lose the ball and were left wide open, when we get pressed in our own half we pratt about into taking on a man ROSE/CHRICHES, in a dangerous area lose the ball and were punished!, our midfield should stop it at the source so this does not happen, our goal keeper needs telling to stay on his line instead of flying out every 5 mins, most of all we need a leader as ive said before to calm things down out there, not to panic!!!!!!! :-[ we cant keep saying oh well it was Liverpool, City whoever,  we are getting trounced by many teams, it could have been Hull in the first half!, teams are coming to WHL not afraid anymore as they know if they get stuck in, put every man behind the ball we dont have a clue what to do.... So out comes someone gun ho and we get destroyed on the counter!!! :'(
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 12:41:17 PM »
I like the fact that Sherwood is giving young Bentaleb playing-time, but I feel he should really look towards more experienced players. Capoue for example... Another option would be to play Holtby in a deeper role. Oh, right, he's not with us anymore. Both our full-backs are playing as if they were wingers, and this combined with Dawson's lack of pace is a deadly combo, but unfortunately against us.

I really cannot understand what is wrong with our midfielders - Dembélé always puts a shift in, yet seems to lose all his skills as soon as he gets into an attacking position. Eriksen seems somewhat lightweight.

As for our strikers, well, people were complaining that Soldado can't play up front alone, and now he has Adebayor playing next to him. Well, I can't see any bloody difference.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 12:46:58 PM »

I don't want to bring AVB into this or compare him to Sherwood, but by the end of Feb, we will have a clear picture of how our season will end. By the end of May, it may well be too late.

If Sherwood is happy with the squad as it is, then I have to assume that he knows what he is doing and is confident that he will win our next few games and if he does, then there is no reason what it shouldn't carry on until May.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 04:17:40 PM »

But if the circumstances change then we must adapt to those circumstances. When we played QPR things were different.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.