Tottenham
____

v
____

Manchester City

Barclays Premier League - 29th Jan  - KO 19:45 - Ground: White Hart Lane

TV: BT Sports 1 | Live Feed | Make Prediction

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Tottenham v Manchester City
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 02:18:41 AM »
Manchester City moved to the top of the Premier League with an ominous show of authority against Tottenham at White Hart Lane.
Manuel Pellegrini's side required a win over Spurs to move a point clear of Ars*nal, and the outcome never looked in doubt when Sergio Aguero scored in an eighth successive game to give them an early lead.

Yaya Toure doubled their advantage five minutes into the second half from a hotly-contested penalty after Spurs defender Danny Rose was sent off despite appearing to get a touch on the ball before being penalised for fouling Edin Dzeko.
Dzeko added a third and, even though Etienne Capoue pulled one back for Spurs, there was still time for City substitute Stevan Jovetic to score his first league goal since his £22m summer switch from Fiorentina.
And as the visitors inflicted further heavy punishment on Spurs following their 6-0 win in Manchester in November, captain Vincent Kompany rounded things off with a simple finish.
Play media

Pellegrini 'not surprised' by City goals
The only black mark on City's night was that Jovetic had replaced Aguero, who sustained a hamstring injury just before half-time and is now a doubt for Monday's crucial meeting with Chelsea at the Etihad.
That injury apart, this was a highly satisfactory night for Pellegrini with City's display confirming they are now the team to catch, not only at the Premier League summit but in terms of quality and performance.
They knew the prize on offer for a victory and produced a masterclass in the opening half-hour which could easily have seen the game won - with Aguero as the spearhead.
He set the tone inside four minutes when he showed pace and power to create space before striking the far post with Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris beaten, while Dzeko deceived Kyle Walker in the area but shot wastefully over the top.
The goal was coming and it duly arrived after 15 minutes, Aguero making the finish look deceptively easy as he converted David Silva's pass with an angled finish.
Aguero was proving impossible for Spurs to control and the Argentine's fine header from Gael Clichy's cross required a diving one-handed stop from Lloris to prevent City extending their lead.
He was the threat again when first his header from Silva's corner was cleared off the line by Rose, with the striker reacting first before sending a shot inches off target.

Spurs showed resilience to survive the Aguero-inspired siege and had a goal disallowed for offside when Michael Dawson touched in Christian Eriksen's free-kick.
City suffered a serious setback moments before half-time as Aguero, the star of the show, pulled up clutching his hamstring and was replaced by Jovetic.
Capoue replaced Mousa Dembele at half-time but Spurs' hopes of making a recovery were undermined by a highly-contentious moment after 50 minutes when Rose conceded a penalty, and was sent off, for a challenge on Dzeko even though he looked to have got a touch on the ball first.
Toure converted the spot-kick with ease and when Dzeko stroked in the third after Silva's shot struck a post, City looked home and dry.
Spurs showed some fight as Capoue scrambled in following a corner, which was the signal for Pellegrini to make a change, sending on Matija Nastasic for Toure.
Order was restored with 12 minutes left when Jovetic's shot took a deflection to beat Lloris and give the scoreline the sheen City's superiority deserved.
And with Spurs depleted and in disarray, with White Hart Lane emptying rapidly, Kompany completed the formalities.

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 06:28:10 AM »
The Red Card had a massive bearing although we were lucky not to be further behind prior to it!

Disappointed but we are still within reach of 4th, the higher positions are slipping away.

Just hope this defeat doesn't dent the confidence too much, 11 goals leaked with only 1 in reply against City this season!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 06:37:48 AM »
City are unplayable at the moment, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Bayern München, Real Madrid or Barcelona get a beating from them. In my opinion we lost to league champions.

Let's face it, they have pumped hundreds of millions into the club and considering that they must play like that. We are not on the same level, and couldn't possibly be. I think City will be that strong until the new Fair Play regulations come into force, or the taxman finds something obscure in their papers. The latter I don't believe...

Anyway, the last night's game. Many people will probably feel the refereeing was against us, and yes, Rose's red card was wrong. But, the goal Dawson scored after Rose's dive was correctly disallowed. All in all I'd say the lads tried, really tried, but that was like a f**king Blitzkrieg.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 08:11:12 AM »
City are unplayable at the moment, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Bayern München, Real Madrid or Barcelona get a beating from them. In my opinion we lost to league champions.

Let's face it, they have pumped hundreds of millions into the club and considering that they must play like that. We are not on the same level, and couldn't possibly be. I think City will be that strong until the new Fair Play regulations come into force, or the taxman finds something obscure in their papers. The latter I don't believe...

Anyway, the last night's game. Many people will probably feel the refereeing was against us, and yes, Rose's red card was wrong. But, the goal Dawson scored after Rose's dive was correctly disallowed. All in all I'd say the lads tried, really tried, but that was like a f**king Blitzkrieg.

Not for the first time this season we have been completely outclassed by a top 4 side, this one as you rightly say are on a different planet.
Unfortunately for us we have wasted umpteen millions on half chance players, and this is where it has got us. We will continue to be good for 5th - 7th place until such time as we can bring in real quality players who can compete for 4th place or above, if that time ever arises.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 04:43:05 PM »
I have read that we will be appealing against the red card.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 04:43:52 PM »
What can one say about this match. The sending off did us in (as it did when we lost 5-0 to Liverpool). We are not a top 4 club; but I do hope I am wrong.

Spurs are still in a healthy position, but do we have the players to fight for a higher position?
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 05:04:50 PM »
I have read that we will be appealing against the red card.
Good.

Offline dublinboy99

• Hero: Hoddle
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 05:20:53 PM »
Were in for a loan deal for Nani, that sums up the difference with us and City !!!!  We will never be on the same wavelenght until we have a stadium with a 60,000 capacity, new owners with lots of money to pay the high wages that the likes of City can afford to pay.  Its called REALITY !!  We were spoiled and punching above our weight when Bale was around.  Watch the rush for the exit come July when the big clubs start looking at Sandro, Paulinho, Vert and Lloris?  Just keep Tim as our manager until he's 70 because it really doesn't matter who manages us so stop making fools of ourselves in changing managers just for the sake of it  COYS

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 08:00:05 PM »
Were in for a loan deal for Nani, that sums up the difference with us and City !!!!  We will never be on the same wavelenght until we have a stadium with a 60,000 capacity, new owners with lots of money to pay the high wages that the likes of City can afford to pay.  Its called REALITY !!  We were spoiled and punching above our weight when Bale was around.  Watch the rush for the exit come July when the big clubs start looking at Sandro, Paulinho, Vert and Lloris?  Just keep Tim as our manager until he's 70 because it really doesn't matter who manages us so stop making fools of ourselves in changing managers just for the sake of it  COYS
Considering that for some reason the Champions League seems to be the ultimate Valhalla, I cannot see any of 'Manchester City calibre' players joining us until we've actually qualified for the bloody tournament. Unless we want to go down QPR's way with over-priced mercenaries, of course...

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 08:08:31 PM »

I wouldnt quite go as far as to say making fools of ourselves!, we just need direction of phocus and then stick to it, The MC game did however highlight just how far the gap we need to climb if we want to be a league winning side, MC passed the ball beautifully, they had us chasing shadows, and every time they went forward they looked like they would score but hey that is the case whoever they play at the moment, they have world class players all over the pitch who dont panic and the control, pass and movement is fantastic, we spent 100+ million on good players but not great players and to be fair you get what you pay for. our defence is too slow, our midfield changes more times than I blink and our dream striker is low on goals, low in confidence due to being played out of position from the previous manager resulting in him being benched!, we need to stop giving up when things go wrong, what Spurs lack most in my opinion is a Roy Keanne a natural leader to lift the players moral and install some back bone to fight till the final whistle, we have it in the manager but not on the pitch, we have Eriksen who is supposed to be our play maker but he is quiet and was left nowhere yesterday by Silva!, if we are to be really great then this must be addressed quickly. :)
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 08:16:03 AM »

I wouldnt quite go as far as to say making fools of ourselves!, we just need direction of phocus and then stick to it, The MC game did however highlight just how far the gap we need to climb if we want to be a league winning side, MC passed the ball beautifully, they had us chasing shadows, and every time they went forward they looked like they would score but hey that is the case whoever they play at the moment, they have world class players all over the pitch who dont panic and the control, pass and movement is fantastic, we spent 100+ million on good players but not great players and to be fair you get what you pay for. our defence is too slow, our midfield changes more times than I blink and our dream striker is low on goals, low in confidence due to being played out of position from the previous manager resulting in him being benched!, we need to stop giving up when things go wrong, what Spurs lack most in my opinion is a Roy Keanne a natural leader to lift the players moral and install some back bone to fight till the final whistle, we have it in the manager but not on the pitch, we have Eriksen who is supposed to be our play maker but he is quiet and was left nowhere yesterday by Silva!, if we are to be really great then this must be addressed quickly. :)

Some very good points from both of you, perfectly sums up our ongoing situation.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 07:02:02 PM »
The appeal for Rose's Red card has been successful. :up:

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 07:19:03 PM »

That is good news, can they also order that the game be replayed lol
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 08:42:00 PM »

That is good news, can they also order that the game be replayed lol

Because he was sent of - wrongly - we lost heavily. Therefore we should be able to replay that game.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.