« on: December 01, 2013, 10:22:36 AM »

Tottenham
____

v
____

Manchester United

Barclays Premier League - 1st Dec - KO 12:00  - Ground: White Hart Lane

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Manchester United
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 11:06:06 AM »
I am hoping to see the range of AVBs managerial skills as he acknowledges his tactics and system are not working and employs a new approach today.

2 up front (Ade and Soldado) 4 in midefield using wingers, 4 in defense with Daws and JVT in the centre and Chriches at LB is what I would like to see.

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 11:14:57 AM »
I am hoping to see the range of AVBs managerial skills as he acknowledges his tactics and system are not working and employs a new approach today.

2 up front (Ade and Soldado) 4 in midefield using wingers, 4 in defense with Daws and JVT in the centre and Chriches at LB is what I would like to see.

Sadly, you're wrong:
 Spurs XI today: Lloris; Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Vertonghen; Paulinho, Sandro; Lennon, Dembele, Chadli; Soldado.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 11:17:49 AM »
Just seen the team sheet, what the hell is AVB doing? Townsend on the bench and yet again Defoe, we are going to see the same cramped midfield again, no crosses from the byline so no service to Soldado who looks lost on his own upfront and so we will be picked off on the break just like last week, 110m spent and no clue how to manage it... this is becoming an embarrassment >:(
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 02:09:34 PM »
We played alot better and with passion! we should have won but Rooney had a top game and made surely utd got some points.

Much improved performance with many positives, I feel showing the right signs but still way off finding our first choice 11.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 02:12:53 PM »
      Well, a good result and a well deserved draw, definitely didn't deserve to lose, yet again we play with 1-4-5-1 and yet again Soldado gets no service, he had one clear cut chance and really should have done better,  when will AVB play with two up front to at least give Soldado a chance, I just do not think that AVB is giving him a fair crack.
        A point is better than none, and certainly an improvement on last week. So well done lads.

:up: :up: :up:
:SN:[font

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 05:10:13 PM »
It was a much better performance, but yet again its plain to see that when we do finaly get to the by line and get a cross in theres nobody there to help it on its way!, you only have to look at the difference in Soldado to Rooney, Soldado snapped at his chance then when Lennon whipped a balll across the 6 yard box he had held back instead of gambling and carring on his run., compare that to Rooney who took a chance that Walker would make a mistake , and then later on nearly did it again. If we give Soldado a partner to work with then the space will surely come, come on AVB time for change, time for 442 Soldado & Defoe!.
 :up:
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 05:21:10 PM »
I’ve just come back from the match and I thought overall Spurs were a better side. I was sitting next to a United fan and he told me that he wasn’t impressed with his team. If it wasn’t for that dubious penalty we would have won.  We came back from the league defeat (against City) as more of an attacking team. However, we missed some great sitters.

Overall I thought it was positive and positive for AVB and his team. Soldado still need to score and we still need to get the ball to him. But I was reasonably happy. Next we will be up against manager-less Fulham. We need to win there. I will be going to that match as well; sadly I will be sitting with the Fulham supporters (as my son in law is a Fulham supporter).

I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 11:51:17 PM »
I thought we payed quite well,  deserved the draw and could have pulled off. Unlikely scorers today!

Funny to read Moyse saying Man U drop 2 points. Typical!

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 07:45:00 AM »
What I found much better is we had something like 40% possession and still took the lead twice, so much better than having the majority of the possession and getting smashed like last week!

AVB does need to adjust his tactics and formation we can all see it and digging his heals in could be his undoing.

I think from the Man U games, it would appear AVB hasnt lost the dressing room or players belief which is a big relief.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 08:09:18 AM »
A much better team performance. On the downside, still the same defensive slips, Walker for the goal, and Dawson done for pace a couple of times. Still dont like JVT at left back.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 12:07:57 PM »
What I found much better is we had something like 40% possession and still took the lead twice, so much better than having the majority of the possession and getting smashed like last week!

AVB does need to adjust his tactics and formation we can all see it and digging his heals in could be his undoing.

I think from the Man U games, it would appear AVB hasnt lost the dressing room or players belief which is a big relief.

I agree; once Soldado get the service (and it is getting better) then it will all fall into place. But he doesn't want to start tinkering as it could be his undoing.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 08:20:36 PM »
This was a better result than I was expecting and as a whole the team worked hard and played reasonably well although they still seem to lack some confidence.
Once again I question AVB's tactics we play with very little width and our central midfirld is woefully inadequate and creates as much creativity as an artist with no arms. We continue with one up front or should I say Soldado up front who it is plainly obvious not equipped to play up front on his own and is woefully short of confidence. I thought Lennon was quite effective until he ran out of steam but what about playing with 2 wingers and getting wide getting to the byline and putting some balls in the box to be attacked.
Defencively AVB sets up defending high up the pitch with players that are not equipped to deal with this system, Chiriches and Dawson are not quick enough to turn and cover if required, that's not their fault both are excellent defenders. When the two centre Backs can't cover Lloris plays as a sweeper keeper and this again causes problems with him racing around and against Everton he got kicked in the head and yesterday he gave away a penalty.
For a guy that's a supposed tactical genius and the person to take us on to the next level I'm more than concerned if that's all he's got, he was even booed for his substitution of Lennon !! When you break it down we scored from a very good free kick ans a wonder goal from Sandro who it is fair to say isn't prolific !!!
After saying all that we drew and that was an improvement on the last performance but there is along way to go before I am convinced !!!

:-\
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion