SpursNetwork

Manchester City v Tottenham

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Manchester City v Tottenham
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 08:06:20 PM »
        Perhaps now those of you who keep raving on about how good our defence is will have a rethink, I said in a previous post that we hadn't played against a side who employ 2 quality strikers as yet, well today we got absolutely ripped apart by a side with a lot of pace and 2 quality strikers and it showed just how mediocre our defence is. So no more excuses, at the moment we are JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH, sounds harsh, but in my opinion as sad as it sounds, it is a FACT.

:( :( :( :(

To me the problem is that we are not feeding the striker. Solve that problem and then it will be a different matter.

Our defence was good up and until this match. Now we have to get back on track and beat United.

I disagree, we had not played anyone with a decent attack, today we did and got seriously found out. I keep saying that the style of play that AVB is employing just isn't working for us, maybe time for the coaching staff to have a rethink.

:nods: :nods: :nods: :nods:
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 10:04:43 PM »
It was just a dream right!?!  :hide: :'(

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 10:14:11 PM »
We were poor in all areas. kaboul bad, Paulinio bad, Sandro bad, Soldado bad, Holtby bad and City were great!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2013, 11:05:56 PM »
The reason we were so bad was because the team selection and tactics employed by AV Numpty B are pants, he has no idea.
To many player changes each game and a lack of understanding when it comes to tactical knowledge and he has been toted as the man to take us to the next level. Remember his time at Chelski started well then nosedived, he has no plan B if plan A dosen't work use plan A.
Today we had no width, defended to high, made too many changes, played Adebayor and failed to grasp the fact that allowing Citeh to get in behind us was going to cause a problem... the man is a fool !!!!

:'( :'(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 05:47:52 AM »
While the result was appalling and revolting, I don't think a manager should be sacked after a result like that. And if he was, who would you like to come in? Harry Redknapp? Graeme Souness, maybe? Let's not forget, other top teams (Man Utd, Ars*nal, Liverpool etc) have suffered similar results during the last couple of seasons.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 08:02:21 AM »
The reason we were so bad was because the team selection and tactics employed by AV Numpty B are pants, he has no idea.
To many player changes each game and a lack of understanding when it comes to tactical knowledge and he has been toted as the man to take us to the next level. Remember his time at Chelski started well then nosedived, he has no plan B if plan A dosen't work use plan A.
Today we had no width, defended to high, made too many changes, played Adebayor and failed to grasp the fact that allowing Citeh to get in behind us was going to cause a problem... the man is a fool !!!!

Ugs, Your comments about Adebayor are totally misplaced, when he came on he at least was trying to hold up the ball, and trying to do what we have been screaming for and that is for someone to feed Soldado, and guess what, Soldado was substituted in the 60th minute and Ade was playing as the lone forward, and guess what, he got little or no service either, do you realize as of now he has played 45mins this season, and that my friend was not his choice. I know that he is not everybody's favorite player, but for chrissakes give the guy a break. It wasn't his fault we got a spanking, maybe the selected team were at fault, there were not too many players that can hold their heads up after that performance, yes it was bad, but there is little point in throwing AVB out with the bath water, maybe he will change the formation of play, we shall have to wait and see.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 08:04:58 AM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2013, 08:15:11 AM »

Ugs, Your comments about Adebayor are totally misplaced, when he came on he at least was trying to hold up the ball, and trying to do what we have been screaming for and that is for someone to feed Soldado, and guess what, Soldado was substituted in the 60th minute and Ade was playing as the lone forward, and guess what, he got little or no service either, do you realize as of now he has played 45mins this season, and that my friend was not his choice. I know that he is not everybody's favorite player, but for chrissakes give the guy a break. It wasn't his fault we got a spanking, maybe the selected team were at fault, there were not too many players that can hold their heads up after that performance, yes it was bad, but there is little point in throwing AVB out with the bath water, maybe he will change the formation of play, we shall have to wait and see.

A friend of mine who is a sports commentator told me that Adebayor and Sigurdsson had basically been only Spurs players to fight until the end.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2013, 08:24:51 AM »

A friend of mine who is a sports commentator told me that Adebayor and Sigurdsson had basically been only Spurs players to fight until the end.

I would add Walker, Lamela and Dembele to those Riff, it was very humiliating to say the least, although that is no excuse for heads to drop like they did, personally I cannot remember ever seeing so many Spurs players throwing in the towel like they did yesterday.

:( :( :(
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 08:30:18 AM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2013, 08:53:16 AM »

I would add Walker, Lamela and Dembele to those Riff, it was very humiliating to say the least, although that is no excuse for heads to drop like they did, personally I cannot remember ever seeing so many Spurs players throwing in the towel like they did yesterday.

:( :( :(
I guess conceding in 15 seconds wouldn't do morale any favours. But, I agree - without seeing the game - that 0:6 spanking is something that is not very common in Premier League, at least not with clubs in top half, so, it means the lads just gave up. Football is a game for eleven players and when even two "disappear" there isn't much to be done.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2013, 10:50:20 AM »
To put the blame on AVB after such  a poor performance from our lads is just incredibly naive. Regardless of the formation, we played so badly that even a good coach would have found it difficult to deal with and to throw the book at him is plain daft!

Unfortunately, our lack of ability to score goals is showing and as result frustration is obvious. As long as Soldado plays alone up front without service, this will carry on. No doubt AVB will find a solution, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I think City have found their form and will surprise a few.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 11:08:55 AM »
To put the blame on AVB after such  a poor performance from our lads is just incredibly naive. Regardless of the formation, we played so badly that even a good coach would have found it difficult to deal with and to throw the book at him is plain daft!

Unfortunately, our lack of ability to score goals is showing and as result frustration is obvious. As long as Soldado plays alone up front without service, this will carry on. No doubt AVB will find a solution, hopefully sooner rather than later.

What makes you think he will find a solution ?
We have played 12 games so far and he dosen't seem to have worked it out yet !!! he hasn't even changed his tactics or set up which are not working !!!!
We are going backwards he has messed with the squad and taken away all the heart, the fire, the passion and replaced it with nothing !!!

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2013, 03:37:50 PM »
While the result was appalling and revolting, I don't think a manager should be sacked after a result like that. And if he was, who would you like to come in? Harry Redknapp? Graeme Souness, maybe? Let's not forget, other top teams (Man Utd, Ars*nal, Liverpool etc) have suffered similar results during the last couple of seasons.

I agree with you. Our record isn't that bad actually. We've lost 4 (the same as City) and we are 4 points behind second placed Liverpool. No manager is going to be sacked after that statistic. Let us wait until Christmas where we will be better placed to make a proper judgement.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2013, 03:39:37 PM »

I agree that Ade wasn't to blame. We've got to get the ball to the front me and that isn't happening. Our defence is ok (apart from the City game).
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2013, 03:42:26 PM »

We have played 12 games so far and he dosen't seem to have worked it out yet !!! he hasn't even changed his tactics or set up which are not working !!!!
We are going backwards he has messed with the squad and taken away all the heart, the fire, the passion and replaced it with nothing !!!

And what makes you think we won't find a solution?

There is a lot of positiveness that can be taken out of the game. The time isn't now to criticise but to get behind the manager. Let us wait until Christmas to valuate the situation.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 06:27:06 PM »

And what makes you think we won't find a solution?

There is a lot of positiveness that can be taken out of the game. The time isn't now to criticise but to get behind the manager. Let us wait until Christmas to valuate the situation.

The fact that he has tried 12 times so far and out of desperation he played Adebayor yesterday !!!