« on: November 03, 2013, 08:47:59 AM »

Everton
____

v
____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 3rd Nov - KO 13:30  - Ground: Goodison Park

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Everton v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 10:04:23 AM »
Going to be a tough game, we will have to play to our full ability to get a result today.  Would like to see Townsend  play in a free roaming role behind Soldado in a 4-4-1-1 formation.

Big opportunity to go second today lets hope the lads are right up for it!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 02:18:16 PM »
I am watching the game and Spurs have most of the possession. They just need to feed Soldado. half time at the moment.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 02:47:07 PM »
We are dominating with possession, and shots both on and off target.

We lack that flare IMO opinion to carve out a goal.  If we are not careful we will go a goal down.  AVB's system is working great for defending but not so well for creativity!

Offline StartingPrice

• Mark my words...summits gonna happen!
  • Hero: Mabbs
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 03:39:07 PM »
Good point, hard game. We lost here last season. Wait to see how the other top clubs perform at Goodison.

One concern: Soldado is constantly on the shoulder of the back line anticipating through-balls - he ain't getting them. AVB needs to instruct the rest of the team to vary the final ball more and give Soldado more to turn the defence on.
If you can't change the World, change yourself...and if you can't change yourself, then, change the World.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 05:32:45 PM »
Shame we couldnt have got all 3 points IMO, but in all honesty a point is a fair reflection for both sides.  At least we didnt loose!!!

Startingprice bang on mate regarding Soldado he isnt getting the service required.  I would like to see Eriksen start the next game.

Another clean sheet and back to 4th.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 05:51:57 PM »
Spurs were the better side and had most of the possessions but our midfield still needs to get to the strikers. It is no bad thing drawing against Everton on their home ground as they are a good side.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 06:04:50 PM »
I fell asleep :sleep: :2funny: :hide:

Bloody early kick offs!? Next Sunday is even earlier, 12pm! I'll be at the game tho, so I should be awake.  ??? :D

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 07:29:31 PM »
I fell asleep :sleep: :2funny: :hide:

Bloody early kick offs!? Next Sunday is even earlier, 12pm! I'll be at the game tho, so I should be awake.  ??? :D

I'll be at the game as well but I will have to get up at 6.30 am in the morning to get there.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 09:35:47 AM »
Spurs were the better side and had most of the possessions but our midfield still needs to get to the strikers. It is no bad thing drawing against Everton on their home ground as they are a good side.

We may have been the better side, BUT, how many chances did we create-not many, in the 1st Half we had 64% possession, but for all the possession and dominance we didn't create ONE clear cut chance, not one, in the 2nd half Everton pretty much dominated possession and we had to rely on the break and again I don't remember us creating one clear cut chance, even the commentator commented that the scribes would be using the comment that this was clearly a game of TWO halves, we may have only conceded 5 goals in 10 games BUT we have only scored 9 of which 3 have been penalties, and if we are going to be serious contenders for a top 4 spot it isn't good enough, are we the only ones who can see that Soldado isn't getting the service? because if we are, then someone isn't doing their job are they!!!!!!!!!  Surely AVB must start to play a 2nd striker and get the midfield to start playing some quality balls into them, we have bought some really good midfielders who are capable of doing just that but they are sitting on the PINE, and it frustrates the absolute bejasus out of me.

:( :( :(
:SN:[font

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 10:37:07 AM »
All in all I'd say 0:0 at Goodison is by no means a bad result. Especially when we consider Everton's form this season.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 11:24:18 AM »
All in all I'd say 0:0 at Goodison is by no means a bad result. Especially when we consider Everton's form this season.

As a stand alone result, yes its good. As an ongoing trend, its bad as was shown by what West Ham did to us.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 04:32:29 PM »

We may have been the better side, BUT, how many chances did we create-not many, in the 1st Half we had 64% possession, but for all the possession and dominance we didn't create ONE clear cut chance, not one, in the 2nd half Everton pretty much dominated possession and we had to rely on the break and again I don't remember us creating one clear cut chance, even the commentator commented that the scribes would be using the comment that this was clearly a game of TWO halves, we may have only conceded 5 goals in 10 games BUT we have only scored 9 of which 3 have been penalties, and if we are going to be serious contenders for a top 4 spot it isn't good enough, are we the only ones who can see that Soldado isn't getting the service? because if we are, then someone isn't doing their job are they!!!!!!!!!  Surely AVB must start to play a 2nd striker and get the midfield to start playing some quality balls into them, we have bought some really good midfielders who are capable of doing just that but they are sitting on the PINE, and it frustrates the absolute bejasus out of me.

:( :( :(

I agree with what you say in part. But it hasn’t got anything to do with Defoe or Soldado or playing two up front. We need to feed whoever is up front (which you mention in your piece). We are not getting to our strikers. So I can understand why he is using Lennon and Townsend more. That is what he has got to solve. I was surprised that he doesn’t start with Erikson; who is good at feeding the strikers. I am sure AVB knows this and is working on it. We’ve got a brilliant defence and we are playing well.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 04:33:54 PM »

Of course we should be pleased as Everton are a good team under their new manager. And we kept a clean sheet. I like to think we are heading in the right direction.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 07:38:17 PM »
For me the Everton game showed that we can hold an form team like Everton when they attack, Dawson and JVT had a stunning game and we comfortably handled everything they threw at us.

Unfortunately whilst we have gone forward in major steps with our defense our cutting edge creativity has declined which is shocking with the quality we have available in midfield.  Soldado for me is a top striker but he isnt being spoiled with balls to strike,he certainly isnt a Defoe converting 1 in ten clear cut chances.

I would like to see us change our attacking tactics and perhaps team formation to get those goals.