____

Man Utd

Barclays Premier League - 4th Mar - KO 16:10  - Ground: White Hart Lane

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 06:52:17 PM by Biggs »

Offline loken

• Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Man Utd
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 06:41:36 PM »
This going to be massive for us. Never easy to predict the result against MU, now, after "performance" at Emirates, even harder. Well, let's try to think positive.

Offline loken

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 08:46:17 AM »
Now we have to look down, I think. :-\

Offline ShamN15

• Tott'narm N15-N17 Philip Lane
  • Hero: Modric
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 03:55:00 PM »
Nothing to be ashamed of we played great in this match, just poor defending i don't understand why they still haven't sorted that out when that's our weak point, there's still hope for the rest of the season at least were not in chelsea or liverpools shoes  :dance:
I'm a Tottenham Rider, Yeah you might see me in Ida

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 12:42:46 PM »
Nothing to be ashamed of we played great in this match, just poor defending i don't understand why they still haven't sorted that out when that's our weak point, there's still hope for the rest of the season at least were not in chelsea or liverpools shoes  :dance:
Yes, dominated 1st half after 15 mins. Should have scored, then once again our defence let us down. Thats 21 goals conceded in 6 games against MC MU and Arses. IMO next season we need a top CH and LB to bring Walker and the others into line.
And why didn't Defoe start ? Ade / Saha dont lokk too great to me. Good to see Aaron buzzing around again causing problems. We need him and Bale for the rest of season to cement 3rd spot.

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 10:23:30 AM »
An excellent article that maybe sums up our last two performances - just follow the link....

http://soccerlens.com/has-harrys-tactical-naivety-cost-spurs-a-title-challenge/90984/?

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 02:45:31 PM »
An excellent article that maybe sums up our last two performances - just follow the link....

http://soccerlens.com/has-harrys-tactical-naivety-cost-spurs-a-title-challenge/90984/?

Agreed. Summed the two games up. However, the question of Ledley King / BAE continues to bother me.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 03:33:55 PM »

Agreed. Summed the two games up. However, the question of Ledley King / BAE continues to bother me.

It's a good article but I don't altogether agree, I think 'Arry's 442 approach was refreshing and if at the Ingrates stadium we had gone on to hold the lead until half time I believe we would of gone on to win the game 3 or 4 nil. We let in 2 goals that day with bad marking and slow closing down and ultimately 2 very poor performances by BAE and King (at least 3 of their goals were created on the left side of the pitch !!)

Against United we out played them for 75 mins of the game and again it was sloppy defending that let us down, Sandro and Livermore out played the United midfield with ease and if we had actually converted some of the early chances we made or even had the goal stand (very harshly struck off in my opinion) then it would of been a very different result.
To call 'Arry tactically inept is a wee bit unfair, all managers have games where they underestimate or try to out manouver a object/problem that dosen't exist. We have been very good value this season with 'Arry's tactics and I for one just think we have had a bit of bad luck and bad defending in the last couple of games.... that's all, people are trying to make a major crisis out of a minor hiccup !!!

8)
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 06:54:34 PM »

It's a good article but I don't altogether agree, I think 'Arry's 442 approach was refreshing and if at the Ingrates stadium we had gone on to hold the lead until half time I believe we would of gone on to win the game 3 or 4 nil. We let in 2 goals that day with bad marking and slow closing down and ultimately 2 very poor performances by BAE and King (at least 3 of their goals were created on the left side of the pitch !!)

Against United we out played them for 75 mins of the game and again it was sloppy defending that let us down, Sandro and Livermore out played the United midfield with ease and if we had actually converted some of the early chances we made or even had the goal stand (very harshly struck off in my opinion) then it would of been a very different result.
To call 'Arry tactically inept is a wee bit unfair, all managers have games where they underestimate or try to out manouver a object/problem that dosen't exist. We have been very good value this season with 'Arry's tactics and I for one just think we have had a bit of bad luck and bad defending in the last couple of games.... that's all, people are trying to make a major crisis out of a minor hiccup !!!

8)
Every team slips up every once in a while and even the best players have awful games. That's football. I wonder how many will be calling for Redknapp's head should we lose another game in the near future? Maybe they should support Chelsea instead.