Tottenham

Carling Cup 3rd Round - 20th  Sep   - KO 19:45  - Ground: Britannia Stadium

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:37:59 PM by Biggs »

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Stoke v Tottenham - Carling Cup
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 05:38:26 AM »
Harry has come out and said we're taking this competition seriously. Somehow I doubt it... Anyway here's some information from the official site:
"We want to stay in the competition, we want to win and go all the way if we can," he said.
"We could have Sandro and William Gallas back, Pav needs another game, van der Vaart is back, Gomes, Bassong, Corluka - that's not a bad team, is it?
"One or two of the youngsters will get another chance as well."
Michael Dawson, Danny Rose, Steven Pienaar, Tom Huddlestone, Aaron Lennon all remain sidelined.

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 07:15:21 AM »
Makes sense to me. Although I don't see the need for VDV to be included in everything. Not even sure why he needed to come on against Liverpool. Seems a bit risky. Oh well.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline pieboy

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 02:45:05 PM »
Need to be taking the cup seriously. Right now any trophy would be a good trophy, need to start the winning mentality and treating all cups with respect. ofcourse i dont expect the gaffer to be starting with a 1st team, but the fringe players need to up thier game and prove that they are good enough.

Said this in another thread, with the uefa cup and carling cup, the fringe players will be getting plently of game time so they need to be using these games to 1) get match fit 2) prove that they are worthy of a 1st team start.

If we do get to the latter stages of the cup, I'm sure more of the 1st team players will be used .

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 04:24:42 PM »
Sometimes i find it all abit confusing.

I personally find the UEFA cup to be a bigger competition than the Carling cup. If we where to win the Uefa it would be a much bigger accomplishment and then to play the winners of the Champions league in the super cup would be great.

So i can't understand how Harry takes this more serious than the UEFA cup.

If he is just focused on the league fair enough, but when he comes out saying we are taking this serious i just don't understand it

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 04:49:15 PM »
Sometimes i find it all abit confusing.

I personally find the UEFA cup to be a bigger competition than the Carling cup. If we where to win the Uefa it would be a much bigger accomplishment and then to play the winners of the Champions league in the super cup would be great.

So i can't understand how Harry takes this more serious than the UEFA cup.

If he is just focused on the league fair enough, but when he comes out saying we are taking this serious i just don't understand it
I agree. Actually it seems rather insulting that the club actually tolerates this mentality. Considering that we have won three cups in 20 years and 6 cups in previous 20 years (not considering Charity Shield) I cannot see our trophy cupboards at the Lane taking up too much space. I remember Sir Alex Ferguson causing an uproar in 1998 or 1999 when he hinted that League Cup is maybe not that desirable anymore but still worth winning.

As I've said on numerous occasions we've won UEFA Cup twice and despite the fact that the competition is now easier to get into, I still consider it a trophy very much desirable to win.

The club should push hard on all four fronts and let's be realistlic - we would do well to win at least one of the competitions we're in and it definitely won't be the league and when I think of it, we need hell of a luck to win any of the others and when I think even more, I see Europa League as the competition we could actually win. Too bad the club doesn't feel the same way.

Oh, well. With an attitude like that we won't get a chocolate medal, not to talk about a cup, in ten years.

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 05:59:43 PM »
Great chance to see the young guys.

Offline RiffHard

Re: Stoke 0-0 (7-6 pens) Tottenham - Carling Cup
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 01:32:54 PM »
Hopefully Redknapp can now put more emphasis on Europa League. Disappointing result, really.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 09:28:03 PM by Southend_Yid »

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?