Barclays Premier League - Sat 1st Jan 2011 - KO 15:00 - Ground: White Hart Lane

Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 0 Fulham [matchhighlight.com] :: ÷ÉÄÅÏ ÎÁ RuTube
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 05:19:37 PM by Biggs »

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Fulham
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 01:14:55 AM »
Surly we can beat Fulham at home and keep this run going..2008 was the last time they beat us..we should be to strong for them all over the park..i wanted 12 points from 4 games but 9 will do just fine, and a manager of the month award for Harry and a players one, for Modders  would be the icing on the cake.

We have a decent run of fixtures coming up now..all very winable games..a couple of good results could cement our place in the top 3/4.

BELIEVE

COYS
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 02:32:32 AM by Derry-Yid »
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 02:30:38 AM »
I am still never confident enough just yet to say should win, I prefer must win  :santa_afro: we cant approach any PL team in a complacent manner due to past results or it will end like when Wigan visited this year!

We play our game we can beat any team in the EPL we just need that focus.

From the Fulham game anything less than 3 points is failure, any chance we can start with just 10 men  :coys:
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 09:09:54 AM »
Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul begins a three-match suspension as a result of his red card for clashing heads with Newcastle's Cheik Tiote.
William Gallas makes a timely return from a hamstring strain, but Robbie Keane is a doubt with a similar injury.
Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer will play his last game before flying out to the Asian Cup to represent Australia.
Forward Mousa Dembele is nearing a return after a seven-week absence with an ankle injury.

Having won with 10 men for the second successive match following Younes Kaboul's red card for butting a Newcastle opponent, Tottenham now have a head-to-head in their favour.

They have only lost once in 63 years at home to Fulham and ended the west London side's unbeaten start in the league in October.
Tottenham's recent form has fuelled talk of a title challenge, and anything must feel possible at White Hart Lane these days. Conversely, Fulham begin the year in the bottom three and there were question marks over the future of manager Mark Hughes following the home defeat by West Ham on Boxing Day.
Fulham's subsequent victory at Stoke - their first away win since the opening day of last season - was as deserved as it was unexpected, with Chris Baird scoring his first goals since March 2007. Hughes described the performance as immense; for once, Fulham looked good in khaki.
They displayed a resilience in that game that has been a trademark of Tottenham's performances over the festive period. With their mix of perspiration and inspiration, it is little wonder that Spurs' title odds have shrunk to 20-1.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 12:14:54 PM »
This game will tell us alot about the team, the usual is for us to do well then the game that we should win easy we lose ending our optimism. If we come away today with a win then I'll start thinking we can push on, if we come away with a convincing win then I will believe we will definitley push on and start believing that we may be able to challenge for the title.

The most interesting thing for me today is who will be captain with Gallas coming in, will it be Gallas or Dawson? Again I think this will tell us alot about the team !!!

:coys:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 12:27:02 PM »
This game will tell us alot about the team, the usual is for us to do well then the game that we should win easy we lose ending our optimism. If we come away today with a win then I'll start thinking we can push on, if we come away with a convincing win then I will believe we will definitley push on and start believing that we may be able to challenge for the title.

The most interesting thing for me today is who will be captain with Gallas coming in, will it be Gallas or Dawson? Again I think this will tell us alot about the team !!!

wouldnt that have also applied to the Newky game.... and didnt we win that ??

grow a pair and stop acting like an old woman, you old woman.... any single game will be prone to good/bad fortune, just like for any other team..... we will learn nothing if we win, lose or draw.... other then not to put so much stock to individual games, maybe....

think its gonna be Dawson OR Gallas on the field, not both.... the leftside CB will now be Bassong (until Eunice returns)..... I would stick with Dawson, as Gallas will need to recuperate fully now, so that he can replace Dawson in the long-term this season..

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 01:47:44 PM »
Got a feeling I think if we can play Jenas............. I know its getting weird actually saying this but I am finding myself saying it more and more often..................... we may get at them early and could have a really happy new years day. But hey who cares as long as we are concentrated and fight for every ball we should (please lads for me) get the hatrick of the christmas period!!!!

COYS

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 02:18:58 PM »

wouldnt that have also applied to the Newky game.... and didnt we win that ??

grow a pair and stop acting like an old woman, you old woman.... any single game will be prone to good/bad fortune, just like for any other team..... we will learn nothing if we win, lose or draw.... other then not to put so much stock to individual games, maybe....

think its gonna be Dawson OR Gallas on the field, not both.... the leftside CB will now be Bassong (until Eunice returns)..... I would stick with Dawson, as Gallas will need to recuperate fully now, so that he can replace Dawson in the long-term this season..

Once again wrong only change Gallas for Kaboul.

:moon:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 02:19:54 PM »
I am gonna miss this one as on bloody duty from 3pm as we have Cardiff City visiting to play Bistol City and they love  each other.  So its text only updates for me.

I think to win this one we will have to play a bit ugly, key players will be tried and they will all want the 3 points!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 03:28:58 PM »
I think some of them are hungover! Keep giving the ball away.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 03:44:19 PM »
Tottenham will win!

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 03:47:09 PM »
BALE! BALE! BALE!

What a fantastic header! Did it look like Bale and Rafa were not in agreement over who should take the kick? Then Gareth manages to nick the goal anyway.  :2up:
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 04:01:32 PM »
we are looking more like a 4-man midfield version of Barvelona with every game now.... pity Vaart and Pav can't seem to PENTRATE a defence.... our new striker(s) should cure that soon enough..

the passing in the midfield and defence is just bootiful...

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 04:22:42 PM »
Eek. We need to get out of this spell of pressure.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 04:27:16 PM »
Why not just take Gallas off? What's the point of risking it?