Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 22nd Feb 2011 - KO 20:00 - Ground: Bloomfield Road

« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 07:26:39 PM by Biggs »

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Blackpool v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 04:01:13 PM »
All games now are vital given how hotly contested the league is at our end. We need to be getting 3 points here and anything less is failure.Consistent consistency is whats called for. Keep pluggin away, playing to our strengths, improving on our weaknesses and being more ruthless and against inferior opposition in the hope our rivals will drop points which they inevitably will. I wouldn't risk starting VDV just yet. Maybe as a sub at some stage if need be.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 04:27:40 PM »
Biggsy..... thanks for enlightening us all that Birmingham City Football Club have been kicked outta St Andrews recently, and been replaced by Blackpool...

think you even beat SkySports to that scoop  :up:

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 05:09:11 PM »
If and it's a big if this season we are going to challenge then this is a must win game, to be fair we are not going to win the League by just taking points off the other top 4 or 5 clubs. The way we are going to get into the position we want to be in is to hammer and I mean hammer teams like Blackpool, Wolves, West Ham etc At the moment we don't seem to have as BigV says a ruthlessness about us, this is the one thing that we are missing and without it we will drop points that are vital.

We should win this one as Blackpool play and open game too and we should have too much for them but we need to start getting ruthless especially in front of goal !!!!!!

If Van der Vaart is fit then play him, play the strongest possible side from now on we can't afford to drop anymore points !!

:nods:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 05:43:50 PM »
I only want 1 thing from this match. Win Ugly, i dont care about fancy football for this match since their pitch isnt the best to do it :D and its really hard for visiting teams to win here.

Second of all please dont effing concede. I really would love us to get a cleansheet in the prem. Would do wonders for the back 4 confidence!

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 05:48:59 PM »
If we are to challenge for a top 4 place this is the type of game we must get 3 points from.

Right now take one game at a time and field our strongest available team for each time as every single point is vital, we need to battle until the ref blows (his whistle).

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 05:54:20 PM »
I only want 1 thing from this match. Win Ugly, i dont care about fancy football for this match since their pitch isnt the best to do it :D and its really hard for visiting teams to win here.

Second of all please dont effing concede. I really would love us to get a cleansheet in the prem. Would do wonders for the back 4 confidence!

I agree Punchi but I would just love to us convert some of the chances we make, Route 1, classy dribble, nice cross, individual brillance or even off someones arse, just get it into the back of the net !!!!!

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 08:35:23 PM »
we all are ready and eager to win, just as we are born knowing only Life...

the winners in Life are the ones that are not afraid to lose even when its least expected....

there are 20 odd games to go.... we will lose games we deserve to win and win games we deserve to lose...Luck will balance out..

if we try to win too much.... like against Wigan.... things can... and will... happen..

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 12:14:55 AM »
Why do i have a feeling that we are going to drop vital points on sunday against Blackpool!?!?!

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 06:32:19 AM »
Aww come on guys! For the first time we are playing football with confidence that if we concede we will fight to the end. Sure we might drop points but heck i still feel we will win ugleh! Like against Stoke! XD

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 10:41:50 AM »
the biggest factor with Spurs getting ahead in the league in the next month or so could well be external....

how will the 'mighty' Al Citeh do without their talisman and by far star-player Tevez.... it should be interesting to see...

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 11:36:48 AM »
Im quite confident about this game and a spurs win. Blackpool aren't the same team at home. They have picked up more points on their travels. I fancy us to win this one  :up:
COYS!

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 01:38:33 AM »
I fancy us to win this game by a good 3 or 4 goals tbh....no more midweek euro games to February so no more excuses about playing two games in a week!....if we dont get the 3 points on Sunday i'll be very disappointed..we have had a full week to prepare for this game.

With Chelsea away to United its also a good chance for us to make ground up on them(i think United will beat them)...if we do win, it will set us up nicely for our next few games, which are very very winable games..Villa(away)..Newcastle(home)..Fulham(home)...in all fairness we should be beating teams like that with easy.

12 points from these 4 games?   
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 01:40:56 AM by Derry-Yid »
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 01:07:12 PM »
I think this is a good game for us, just because Blackpool are not the type of team to go out looking to defend,  and we are at our best when its an open game.

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 07:52:51 PM »
Derry i admire your confidence mate! Im just one of those Spurs fans that worries alot and braces himself for the worst and if we win it feels alot better! In all fairness we should go there and win, but its always a thing we have with newly promoted teams that we drop points. Reports are saying VDV will return this sunday but more to the point will the game actually be on? Were due alot more snow i hear and Blackpool dont have undersoil heating! I cant go a week without watching the Spurs, it kills me. YID ARMY