Bassong '16

Barclays Premier League - 4th Dec 2010 - KO 15:00 - Ground: St Andrews

« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 06:06:24 PM by Biggs »

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Birmingham v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 01:05:46 PM »
Cant wait for this one, got my ticket the other day and going to make the drive up there on saturday morning, just hope the snow stays away and it goes ahead! COYS

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 03:37:32 PM »
Birmingham have a league cup quarter final tonight against rivals Aston Villa. Surely because its at a late stage in a competition and its a game against there biggest rivals they will put out a strong side. Hopefully they will play out of there skins and be worn out for saturday! I have been really impressed with the Birmingham defence this season, Scott Dann, Roger Johnson and Liam Ridgewell. Its also good to see a team with many English players in it also including our old Irish friend Steven Carr whos doing well there. Since Bolton won at St Andrews in September 2009 only Everton have come away with 3 points. This will be a very tough game especially with VDV and Kaboul out lets hope that Dawson returns but the practice game during the week was called off against Charlton and he was supposed to have a run out in that. COYS

Offline Tony123

• Hero: Hoddle
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 06:26:42 PM »
there are a good team but we are better just hope we are prepped for a fight !!!

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 06:44:56 PM »
there are a good team but we are better just hope we are prepped for a fight !!!

Yeah it will be one big old battle.

They are tremendous at home with a great defensive record. Not many teams will win at St Andrews as Chelsea found out recently. A point would be a decent result. But boy i will hope/prey we can get the 3!!!
COYS!
COYS!

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 09:28:33 PM »
Villa are holding Brum 1-1 in the CC. Hopefully Villa can take it to extra time are tire the wee brummies out for Sat  :D
COYS!

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 04:45:26 AM »
Im confident of 3 points IF and only IF we get the 1st goal! Dont concede and we win. Not many teams can score past 2 against them at their turf.

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 05:01:13 AM »
1st goal?!! So you don't think we've got much of a chance then. LOL.

We'll see. Birmingham are so hard to predict. You know what to expect, but not what's going to happen. This is a great Premier League season in that respect. No easy 3 points from any team.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 06:20:56 AM »
Well, i was hoping to keep a cleansheet thats why i said 1st goal. Anyhow teams find it hard to score there and Zigic would be hard to stop at setpieces! he is taller than Crouch and i wouldnt be surprised if Crouchie was set to mark him for every setpiece. LoL!

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 12:12:49 PM »
I think Crouch has to play purley for the Zigic situation
COYS!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 02:51:58 PM »
Birmingham's Craig Gardner is in contention to start after making his comeback from injury as a substitute in the midweek win over Aston Villa.
The Blues are hopeful Alexander Hleb will overcome a calf strain.
Tottenham's Michael Dawson makes his long-awaited return to the squad after the ankle problem he picked up playing for England in early September.
Injury has ruled Rafael van der Vaart out for three weeks, and Younes Kaboul for a fortnight.

The explosive end to Wednesday night's Carling Cup quarter-final victory over Aston Villa tarnished what was a famous derby win for Birmingham City. The FA are bound to come down hard on the Blues following the pitch invasion that led to ugly skirmishes with Villa fans and the police.

Manager Alex McLeish has been keen to direct attention away from the behaviour of the troublemakers and onto the achievements of his players. While there is nothing sweeter than a triumph over the Villa, he will have swiftly refocused his players on to the club's number one goal at the start of the season - Premier League survival.
Yet again, Tottenham are beset by an injury crisis and manager Harry Redknapp is down to the bare bones. Although these days at White Hart Lane, even the players regarded as the bare bones of his squad are experienced internationals.
Tottenham have 25 full internationals in their ranks, a total matched only by Manchester United, which is a real sign of their increasing threat to the top-flight's elite.
This has also been helped in recent weeks by their growing reputation as the league's comeback kings, and they picked up another three points with a late goal last week against Liverpool. Given that there has been a 90th-minute goal in five of the last six Premier League games between these sides, any fan would be advised not to leave St Andrew's early.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 08:39:51 AM »
About to set off for the trip to St Andrews, for all the Spurs who are not living in England, it is SOOOOOOO COLD!!!! Couple pints pre match is a must before i go and stand out in the cold for a couple hours.  To be honest i would settle for a draw but if we pull off a win it will be a fantastic result, speak to you later! COYS!!!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 11:03:35 AM »
With things the way they are in the Premier League then I'd take any kind of win, own goal off the RB's arse anything, it's games like these that we need to take 3 points if we are going to cement our place in the top 4. The old saying about playing badly and winning is so important and to be fair we have played well in patches but are starting to get results, I'd love a fantastic performance every game but I'd rather have a dodgy one and 3 points !!!!!

:up: COYS :up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline OL'BOLTY

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 02:36:16 PM »
I think Crouch has to play purley for the Zigic situation

Now that's just unfair, Crouch against Purley...on his own.. ;)

Did you mean Croydon Town...I is confused
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 02:38:14 PM by OL'BOLTY »
EL PRESIDENTE

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 04:41:04 PM »
f**k f**k f**k >:(
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."