SpursNetwork

The step up

Offline Storts

The step up
« on: May 20, 2007, 12:15:52 AM »
It is a topic that comes up at some point in most posts on the forum. It is one that I think is very interesting to look out although everyone will have different opinions from their clubs point of view.

So Which club will make the step up and break into the gang four clubs that occupy the positions at the top of the premiership table. Or won't they? Will these positions be set for a long long time, with the rest having to battle it out for the best of the rest positions.

I will run through the teams that may think they have a chance of being the team to break into the top four.

Firstly my club- Tottenham Hotspur Football Club,    White Hart Lane Tottenham London N17 0AP England:

At the present we are the closest club by a quite a bit to breaking into the top four. Mant have tipped us to be the team and it is up to the players and coaching staff to produce the goods. We have been invested heavily in and almost have the same spending power as the top four minus Chelsea which is a plus. The football in this country revolves around money I'm afraid which is why it is important for a club looking to make the breakthrough to have plenty of it. The N17 boys have a very good squad now and with a few decent acquisitions next year could be there year. I rank them as the closest to breaking in due to their two fifth placs finishes in successive years. However, next year may be the biggest chance they will get in a long time.

Everton Football Club: Goodison Park Liverpool England

David Moyes has a very good side at Goodison park, the squad itself needs strengthening greatly but they could be a club going places with the right investment. I don't think they have too much money, but they are not badly off. Everton have already broken into the top four recently which gives them an advantage and also everyone else hope. It can be done and the Toffees are a prime example of it. They have a striker that will score them goals and two quality midfield maestros in Cahill and Arteta.

Aston Villa Football Club:    Villa Park Aston Birmingham B6 6HE England

Got alot of money, a decent manager and a few good young players. It will not happen overnight for Villa and will be a steady process but they seem to be on the up. For the end part of this season I was impressed with what I saw, They need major investement in the playing staff and I'm sure they will get it from Lerner. I think they are a decent side and could well be challenging with in three years. I like Villa and would like to see them challenging compared to other teams, at least they have some history.

Newcastle United Football Club:    St James' Park Newcastle upon Tyne England

Always flatter to decieve to be honest. They have some decent players but also some **** ones. The new man needs to seperate the wheat from the chaff for them to improve. Freddies money will continue to come and they will continue to pay over the odds but sooner or later they will have to get it right. Big Sam may be the man to bring success to the Geordies. I think that the situation at Newcastle is precarious and anything could happen to be honest. They are a very hard club to forecast.

Bolton Wanderers Football Club: Reebok Stadium Bolton England

Always there or there abouts under Big Sam but I think times are changing. They will become a midtable-bottom half team under Sammy Lee. The stability that Alladyce brought was immense and without that they may struggle. I do think their time has gone and others team will go past them. The new gaffer will not get the same results from the past it players.

Blackburn Rovers Football Club:    Ewood Park Blackburn Lancashire England

Not a club I rate if I am being perfectly honest but none the less they have some good players. I do think the likes of MGP will move onto bigger and better things, hopefully us and with players like McCarthy already stating his desire to leave if a big club comes in it doesn't look good. Their squad needs alot of work to get it up to scratch and they struggled with balancing the league and European matches. They will always be a top ten club at the present time as they have some good youngsters and a reliable first team , but I dont see them challening for fourth.

Sunderland-  Stadium of Light, Sunderland, England

They are the rank outsiders and the dark horses but I feel their time may come. They have a very ambitious chaiman with bags of money and he is willing to pour so much into SAFC. They have a bright young manager and with the right investment could have the squad to match in a few years. I think Sunderland could well be is buisness and once stabilized within the prem could cause some teams problems.

Man City-    City of Manchester Stadium/Eastlands Manchester England

Now this is one may take a while and only if the promised investment pays dividend. I honestly do not see Man City as too much of a threat at the momebnt but they could be in a good few years time. Alot of work needs to be done so that does rule them out somewhat.

West Ham-    Boleyn Ground Upton Park Green Street London, E13 9AZ England

Very poor season this year but they do have alot of money to spend. They have an average premiership which could be improved. A good core set of supporters who like us think they are better than they are, but they do have a bright future under Curbs and Magnusson in my honest opnion.

Hopefully that is a better post by more. Decipher what you like of it. Storts