SpursNetwork

Why do cheats prosper?

Why do cheats prosper?
« on: April 27, 2007, 05:21:20 PM »
Why were West ham not deducted points? Among the reasons for the decision not to deduct points was because of a “guilty plea and the club is under new management and ownership”. So it is ok to cheat as long as you own up to it? Has Mr Brooking’s pals at the FA had a word in the ear of their buddies at the premier league? This decision stinks of double standards, what do you guys think? :ban:

Why do cheats prosper?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 06:10:45 PM »
I'd rather see them go down with no excuses instead of being able to moan and say the FA sent them down by taking points of them.
Its the random ignorance that makes me mad

Why do cheats prosper?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 08:24:29 PM »
I reckon Tevez has been their best player, and must have been worth several points to them. So shouldn`t those points be deducted if his signing was against the rules?
Also, I think the timing of this tribunal is very strange. If the signings were irregular, why did it take so long for this to be held? These two have been playing for them all season, surely the PL could have taken some action immediately or don`t they know their own rules? And if the delay was unavoidable, it should have been held at the end of the season. As it is, I can`t see how all possible sanctions were equally considered, as relegation would have meant the spanners last few games would have been meaningless to them, and haven`t they got Man U to come? I wonder what Moanhinio would have said about that!