Harsh..yellow card at best imo.
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: did andy gray deserve a straight red
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 07:55:56 PM »
ASF spot on mate the PC world strikes again bit OTT but the perfect reason to bin the arrogant twat.

I hope this will also signal the end of him commentating on the EA Sports Fifa games too  : :coolsmiley: as he bloody ruins those too

Ha ha, that really made me laugh.

I dont think they should have lost their jobs but they were a couple of guys who just got really lucky when Sky was just taking off it wasnt like they had any particular talent, Sky made them.

I am a bit worried what load of crap they will replace them with, Alan 'Gooner' Smith is the last person i need to hear more from.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 01:47:06 PM »
All of this stuff is pretty entertaining to a Yank like myself. Yet another reason to love the Premier League! The English sense of "fairness" or "appropriateness" is peculiar to me. There seems to be lip service paid to what is politically correct and then folks just go ahead and say the most awful (yet hilarious) things. Case in point, in every single PL game the commentators talk about fair play, honor, sportsmanlike conduct, etc. - while the players openly curse out the officials face-to-face for all the world to see. That doesn't fly in the States. If you even get close to an official or look at them sideways its a technical foul. This Karren Brady is a real piece of work, though. Seems to me SHE is the one stirring the pot and spinning the media round to her view on things. She accuses Harry of being a "scaremonger" but I can read about her bashing someone else nearly everyday of the week! She's a bit of a warhorse -- looks to have a nice rack on her, though (how's that for sexist?)  :2funny:
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 04:30:01 PM »
When the news that Andy Gray had been sacked broke, my wife was going on about how he deserves it.
I told her it was just a joke that has been blown out of proportion and that it was over the top to sack him.
She insisted that it was fair to sack him and I should look at it from a women's point of view,

So I unplugged the TV, took it into the kitchen and watched it there.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 04:43:12 PM »
To be honest I dont think they said anything that isn't said in any Male dominated work place the world over. It may be wrong to say what they did but we seem to live in an age where even a private joke amongst colleagues is grounds for action. I think there was a hidden agenda here, this was 2 guys chatting off air, the lady in question would not have known about it to be offended if somebody at Sky had not leaked the tape. That lines-woman now has no career as she will not be able to do her job without 100 paparazzi looking over her shoulder. We as football fans have lost 2 knowledgeable commentators and God knows who they will replace them with maybe Saint and Greavsie will make a comeback. Blimey I bet some of there off air chats would make your toes curl. Or maybe they will bring in Big Ron Atkinson. Nobody is whiter than white we all enjoy a risque joke or two. The Sun call Gray a perv and on the next page have a woman with her breasts out. It is a witch hunt and the biggest hypocrites are the media who stir up this nonsense whilst profiting from and revelling in sex and scandal.     

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 04:58:44 PM »
Well said!

Keep the jokes alive!
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2011, 08:01:06 PM »
ASF spot on mate the PC world strikes again bit OTT but the perfect reason to bin the arrogant twat.

I hope this will also signal the end of him commentating on the EA Sports Fifa games too  : :coolsmiley: as he bloody ruins those too

I have to admit I do wish that they would stop recycling that line he always says on FIFA "I've never seen a game won on paper." God! It's at the start of every FIFA game for the last 5 years!
I think that line was even present when John Motson and Ally McCoist were commentators for FIFA 2003...

I think it was in FIFA 1999 with JM and Mark Lawrenson. :lol:

Interestingly enough, Karren Brady's hubby is an ex-Canadian national football team member :P

I agree completely, though, with this being a case of the PC brigade striking again.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2011, 08:13:38 PM »

Interestingly enough, Karren Brady's hubby is an ex-Canadian national football team member :P

Yes he is Managing a team here now but I cant remember who offhand. Strange he has never been in the frame for the West Ham job  :lol:

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2011, 08:43:28 PM »
Karren Brady, I'd smash it.  ;)

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2011, 08:22:18 PM »
"Go round there anynight and you'd find Southend hanging out the back of her"

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2011, 11:08:33 PM »
Yes he is Managing a team here now but I cant remember who offhand. Strange he has never been in the frame for the West Ham job  :lol:

Burton Albion, according to Wikipedia.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2011, 11:36:24 PM »
"Go round there anynight and you'd find Southend hanging out the back of her"

I like you sir  :up:

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 10:48:46 AM »
Andy & Richard haved signed for talksport. They will host a three-hour show from Monday to Friday.