I wanted West Brom to win that damn it.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Football League + Conference
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2007, 08:11:39 PM »
:nerner:

The only Birmingham area team I'll be caught dead rooting for is Walsall. And I especially hate West Brom, after Ellington sold out to them from Wigan and they hung Pesch out to dry when they last made the Prems.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2007, 10:39:09 PM »
Let's get this party started again!

It seems Preston North End is in a jam in the Championship, while Ipswich are off to a sensational start!

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2007, 07:40:15 PM »
CHAMPIONSHIP

Who's Hot: Coventry, Ipswich, Colchester, Bristol (all have yet to lose)
Who's Not: QPR, Preston :lolabove: :evil: , Sheff Wednesday

LEAGUE ONE

Who's Hot: Leyton Orient, Carlisle U, Leeds (despite the 15-point penalty)
Who's Not: Forest, Northampton, Doncaster, Walsall, Port Vale, Gillingham

LEAGUE TWO

Who's Hot: Darlington, Shrewsbury, Chester, Lincoln
Who's Not: Barnet, Rochdale, Dags & Reds, Mansfield :sad:

CONFERENCE PREMIER

Who's Hot: Torquay, Cambridge, Exeter, Salisbury
Who's Not: Droylsden, Altrincham, Northwich, Stafford

CONFERENCE NORTH

Who's Hot: Kettering, Harrogate (both have won all five to start the season! :shok: )
Who's Not: Hinckley, Hucknall

CONFERENCE SOUTH

Who's Hot: Lewes, Bath, Eastleigh, Bishop's Stortford, Eastbourne
Who's Not: Hayes & Yeading United, Sutton, St. Albans

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2007, 06:12:52 AM »
Update:

CHAMPIONSHIP

Watford is absolutely tearing it up at the moment, dropping only 7 points in their first eleven games. The big surprise this season so far is who's six points behind them in second place. I never thought Bristol City had that in them! :shok: Third place is Charlton, fourth is Wolverhampton, and then you have a four-way draw for fifth in the points, including the best team with a Canadian, Plymouth Argyle (granted, Michal Misiewicz is the goalkeeper for their youth team :p).

Other teams with Canuck content are ranging from doing good (Ipswich) to just "okay" (Blackpool, Leicester). And as for the Canadian players themselves, well, I'd have to say D Jason De Vos (Ipswich) has probably been the best of my country's guys in Championship.

Oh yes, and Pikeys North End are stinking it up at the moment :evil: They're only one place out of the red zone atm. Amazingly enough, two teams I thought were way better - Sheffield Wednesday and Norwich City - are behind them :huh:

LEAGUE ONE

This league is much closer, although that has everything to do with Leeds' 15-point penalty. If not for that, Leeds would be top by nine points - they've only dropped four all season! Leyton Orient are top by a point over Southend, two over Carlisle, and three over Nott. Forest, Swansea, and Tranmere. Only two teams with Canucks - Yeovil, who aren't doing half bad (and their "Canadian" isn't really Canadian :dry: ) and Luton, who aren't doing that well. And neither player has done anything worth mentioning.

Leeds may catch the top pack, if they can keep up at this pace!

LEAGUE TWO

Once again, Wrexham find themselves in the toilet, but unfortunately, Mansfield, who had played quite well last season, are behind them. Up top it's Milton Keynes by four over Chester, with Darlington, Chesterfield, Barnet, Heresford, Peterborough, and Wycombe all within striking distance.

The aforementioned Posh have a Canadian in their youth system - Octavio Maginnis-Castro - but the other two teams with Canucks have been rather average so far. Matter of fact, they both have the same number of points at present!

One of the feel-good stories of the season, though, is from one of those two Canadians. Vancouverite and former Man City prospect Terry Dunfield, who at one point thought his career was over because of chronic injuries, has started every league match for Macclesfield, and even got a goal in a 2-1 loss against Chester. He also has an assist and four bookings (:p) to his credit.

CONFERENCE PREMIER

Nice to see an English team with Canadians do something big for a change, even if it is only in Conference ;) Torquay United are tops, thanks in part to goalkeeping from 6'4", 210-pound, Langley, British Columbia native Simon Rayner. Big Si has 5 clean sheets so far.

Aldershot isn't far behind, and Burton, Stevenage, Cambridge and Forest Green have been solid as well. The other two teams with Canadians aren't doing quite so well, but both - Weymouth and Rushden & Diamonds - are well clear of relegation.

As Rushden goes, Simeon Jackson (Canadian) really needs to leave that dive. Here he is, a top-ten Conference goal scorer (joint-eighth with 9 goals), but he has no support. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Nolla. NOTHING! He has quite literally scored as many goals as the rest of the team put together (not counting own goals). As for Weymouth's resident Maple Leaf, Gavin McCallum, I'm happy, if just a wee bit surprised, that he has two goals this season - not bad for a holding mid as young as he is.

The relegation teams are really stinking it up at the moment. Altrincham has been bad, Stafford even worse, and Droylsden and Northwich have been nothing short of disgustingly abysmal.

CONFERENCE NORTH

Harrogate has the almost the same record Leeds does. The difference? No 15-point penalty! They sit top of the table with 32 points. Second place is held by Hyde, but Kettering and Southport are within a win and Burscough, Stalybridge Celtic and Telford looming in the shadows. Boston U have a long road to recovery, but they have a reasonably positive Conf. North start to kick it off.

Hucknall and Hinckley have been pure crap.

CONFERENCE SOUTH

I'll bet Powerage is a happy camper :D Basingstoke is pretty much exactly mid-table (much better than they finished last season where they barely squeaked out of relegation) and only four back of 5th place, occupied by Bath on goal diff over Hampton & Richmond (with Torontonian Elliott Godfrey as one of the strikers) and Bromley. Seems the teams up from the feeder leagues are doing quite well! But Eastbourne is tops, with Lewes a win off the pace. Only 5 points separate third (Bishop's Stortford) from twelfth (Basingstoke).

God I love English football ;)

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2007, 03:31:15 AM »
Update:

CHAMPIONSHIP

Watford's lost ground. They're now only four on top. :p But there's a real battle opening up in the upper table. West Brom, Charlton, Bristol City, Stoke, and Wolverhampton have only two points separating the best of them from the worst, and there are only a further six separating sixth from fourteenth, which at the moment is Southampton.

Jason DeVos still has the slack picked up for Ipswich and for the Canadian contingent in the Championship. Iain Hume's doing his share for Leicester (who aren't looking too hot at the moment, but whatever) as he's in a three-way draw for top scorer in League competitions and for overall goals this season, with - hardy har har - three goals.

But things could be worse. He could play for Preston North End, who have since dropped into the red zone, with Sheff W gaining at their expense. What the hell happened to Norwich? They were in Premiership a couple seasons ago and now they're on the verge of dropping to League One! Only team worse off than they are is QPR. You shouldn't have sent Bircham away, ya tools! :p

LEAGUE ONE

If Leeds didn't have that 15-point penalty, they'd be first by a whopping ten points! They've been absolutely phenomenal this season, dropping only 10 points from a possible 54. Jermaine Beckford has led the way with 11 goals, which is first-place by a country mile in terms of League-only play.

First place, though, belongs to Swansea at the moment. If this keeps up, we'll see a Welsh Derby in Championship next season! Following is a five-point logjam comprising eight teams - Carlisle United, Leyton Orient, Nottingham Forest, the aforementioned Leeds, Southend, Doncaster, Walsall, and Brighton & Hove Albion.

At the bottom end, Luton appears to be in all sorts of trouble with money and have thus been docked ten points and are now in the red zone with Cheltenham, Bournemouth, and Port Vale. There are only three points separating 21st from 24th, but the more important stat is that Millwall is 4 clear of 21st-place Cheltenham, so there's work to be done by the teams in the red.

There's a third team with a Canuck now in League One - Cheltenham decided, in their desperation, to borrow Mike D'Agostino off Blackpool, however the "fast, direct right winger" (in the words of Cheltenham's official site) has yet to have played. The Italo-Canadian from Vancouver represented Canada at their (rather disappointing) U20 World Cup home campaign and had a pretty solid NCAA career, but it's unsure how he'll fare in international football.

LEAGUE TWO

Peterborough's Aaron McLean and Chesterfield's Jack Lester are lighting it up in the Two! 13 goals apiece in League play, with McLean only being ranked first by virtue of having one more cup goal - 16 to 15 overall. Oddly enough, though, neither of those teams is even in the auto-promotion zone. Milton Keynes leads by a pair over Darlington and Rotherham, who in turn are only 2 ahead of Peterborough, 3 up on Hereford, 4 up on Chester and half a dozen up on Chesterfield. So things are tightening up up top.

Much the same at the bottom, too. Although if the tourney ended today, Dag & Red and Mansfield would be going under, Grimsby, Lincoln, and Wrexham are also in a real funk at the moment.

Terry Dunfield continues to press on as he's started 15 of 18 for Macclesfield and now leads the team with five yellow cards :lol:

CONFERENCE PREMIER

All three Canadians in this division seem to be performing. Gavin McCallum was named November's Player of the Month for Weymouth. Simon Rayner continues to have a strong campaign as Torquay's starter. And Simeon Jackson is second in Conference in scoring with an even dozen.

Too bad only Rayner's team is actually performing :p Torquay is second to Aldershot by four with a game in hand.

The other two teams are fighting to stay out of the red zone! :ph34r: Even though Weymouth is seven clear of 21st-place Altrincham, and Rushden & Diamonds eight clear, they both need to smarten up. And it seems to me that R&D is a one-man team. Take Jackson out of the equation (and I hope someone does) and the Diamonds are hooped.

From third to seventh is a bit of a logjam at the moment, with Cambridge two up on Stevenage, three up on Histon, and four up on both Burton and Forest Green. Eighth-place Ebbsfleet is losing it a little, but at this point in the season, five points is easily made up in the space of a couple matches.

And the bottom-feeders? Well, the fact that Weymouth is two places out of the red zone and yet seven points clear should say everything. The teams in the red zone this season belong there. And then some. Altrincham is still only two points back of Farsley Celtic, but the teams behind the Mancs - Stafford, Droylsden, and especially Northwich - have absoultely blown this season. For crying out loud - Northwich isn't even in double figures in the points yet and have a pathetic -30 goal diff!

FACT: nobody in Conference has a negative double-figures goal differential, until you get to the last spot outside the red zone.

CONFERENCE NORTH

This is as close as it gets. The top four are separated (from 1st to 4th) by only a measly 3 points! Harrogate, Hyde, Southport and Kettering all seem to be hungry enough to win it all. And don't count Telford out either - they're only four behind Kettering and seven behind 1st-place Harrogate, in 5th. Burscough appears to be not doing half-bad, but they've also played an extra match relative to the team they're chasing short-term, Nuneaton. On the flip side, you have Workington, who have played two fewer matches than four of the five teams ahead of them (three fewer than Burscough) and if they were to max out those matches, they could easily be up to within striking distance of a playoff spot.

The nether ranks seem to be quite close, as well. Barrow and Gainsborough have only played sixteen, so they aren't as bad off as they would be if they had only gotten the 18 and 17 points respectively out of eighteen matches, but they're still only four and three points out of the red respectively. Leigh is bottom with 11, with Hinckley being at 13 and Solihull wrapping up the red zone at 14, then Blyth Spartans have 15 and Vauxhall Motors 16. Gonna be a season-long fight down there! ME LIKEY! ;)

CONFERENCE SOUTH

This appears to be a two-horse race early on, with Lewes having a one-point lead on Eastbourne. Then eight points back starts a log jam. In the same margin of points separating surprising Hampton & Richmond from second-place Eastbourne, you have H&R, Newport, Bath City, Eastleigh, Bishop's Stortford, Bromley, Basingstoke, and Braintree, with Havant & Waterlooville being behind on its games, so it could fit into this list as well. However, H&R happen to have a game in hand on the first three after them in the standings and two games in hand on the remainder of the above-mentioned. If Elliott Godfrey plays like he did against Weston-super-Mare, and Lawrence Yaku continues his solid form (Yaku's first on the team with 8 goals, while Godfrey has 7 including three in the last three matches and two against WsM, and both are in the top 10 plus draws in Conf South scoring) - something tells me the Beavers are going to challenge for top spot or at least consolidate a place in the playoffs - pretty good for a team that only won the Isthmian Premier League title by 2 points last season :p

At the bottom, St. Albans, who were relegated from the Conference Premier last season, are on the verge of going down to whatever feeder league they would usually haunt (forgot whether it was Isthmian or Southern), but Bognor Regis and Maidenhead in particular have to be mindful of both St. Albans and Dorchester. Sutton, on the other hand, is pretty much a write-off. Welling are in marginal danger, while Thurrock are behind in their games so they don't need to worry too much unless they go on a really bad losing streak ;)

Oh yes, and did I mention I LOVED it when Staines beat Stockport in the FA Cup? :D I love to see the underdogs like those win big matches!

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2008, 10:13:57 PM »
Update time!

CHAMPIONSHIP

Hell must have frozen over, because Bristol City are actually in a three-way logjam in the points atop the division! :shok: West Brom and Watford are ahead of them by virtue of more wins, and West Brom are the official leaders because of goal differential. Championship is actually pretty close at the moment, with only a dozen points separating the playoff zone from the relegation zone. Stoke, Charlton, and (much to my delight) Ipswich hold the other three playoff spots at the moment, with the next five teams in the table (Plymouth, Crystal Palace, Hull, Wolverhampton, Cardiff) all within a win of Ipswich.

And guess who's last! :evil: PRESTON NORTH END!! AAAHAHAHAHAHA!! :haha: :haha: :haha: QPR have surged out of the red zone and now have 30 points (6 more than PNE). Colchester and S****horpe are in the other two red zone spots.

Now for Canadian content news:

Cheltenham has extended the loan for Canadian Mike D'Agostino, who has made five appearances (2 starts, 3 subs) for them on loan from Blackpool. And y'know what? Cheltenham might like him so much that they could make that deal permanent. I'll be keeping my eyes on this situation for sure.

Ipswich's Jason DeVos is playing for the best team out of any of the four Canucks owned by Championship sides, but Jaime Peters has yet to make an appearance this season, something to do with his mindset according to the people at the Voyageurs website. Shame really. He's a good player when he's on, and Ipswich fans know that, but apparently he's really just been bad this season.

Iain Hume is rumoured to be on his way out of Leicester, and there are rumours that Everton and Fulham are interested in him. Can't say I blame him if he leaves that club. Leicester are stinking it up at the moment and are only one spot out of relegation, only because they've allowed ten fewer goals than S****horpe.

LEAGUE ONE

Swansea have a two point lead over Carlisle at the moment for top, with Forest, Leeds, Doncaster and Walsall in the remaining playoff spots. Good thing Leeds has that 15-point penalty, though, or they'd be running away with the title this season! Walsall has one eye over their shoulder, I'd imagine. Leyton Orient are only behind them on goal differential, and Yeovil and Tranmere are within a win.

On the other side of things, Port Vale are really stinking it up at the moment - they're nine behind Millwall, who are the last side clear of the red zone. Bournemouth, Cheltenham, and Luton are in the other three red zone spots, and unfortunately, two of these clubs have Canadians atm. Luton's in a whole world of trouble financially despite selling players, hence the ten-point penalty that has them in the red.

Which brings me to the CanCon part of my report.

Paul Peschisolido has yet to play a match for Luton despite having been one of the big reasons Derby (who are now struggling) made it to the Premiership in the first place. Something tells me Pesch isn't far removed from retirement tbh. He is 35 after all.

You've already heard about the D'Agostino situation, and I have the feeling that Cheltenham may be inclined to play him more out of desperation for points. They aren't as bad off as Port Vale, but they're still five behind Millwall.

Marc Bircham (who isn't really Canadian) has only played once for Yeovil this season and that was as a sub. Most Voyageurs have as big a problem (if not bigger) with him playing for Canada as they do with Hargreaves playing for England.

LEAGUE TWO

MK Dons are destroying this league. Seriously. Last time I updated, they only led by two. Now they lead by eleven. Hereford and Rotherham are second with 46. You do the math :p Chesterfield, Peterborough, Darlington, and Wycombe are holding down playoff spots, with Morecambe within striking distance... I can't believe I just said that :lol:

At the other end, it looks like Mansfield and Wrexham are speeding towards relegation, being five and six back of Dag & Red respectively. Bury, Notts County, Macclesfield, and Lincoln aren't doing so hot, either.

Unfortunately, not all teams with Canadians can be Ipswich :p Macclesfield and Dag & Red aren't so hot, and the team with a Canadian that is doing something doesn't have the Canadian in the senior team (he's in the youth side - he's only 18 after all).

Family man Ross Smith from Dag & Red has made 11 appearances and picked up a booking, plus his shot couldn't hit the side of a barn. Good thing he's a defender, eh?

Terry Dunfield, on the other hand, has been a right terror this season for Macclesfield, picking up seven yellows in his return to play after a long injury-based hiatus. He does, however, have a goal and an assist, and has been a regular in Macclesfield's lineup with 22 appearances. He's not afraid to put the ball on target, just that he only does so 30% of the time (7 on target, 13 off, and a team leading 3 shots off the woodwork). Not bad for a guy who's been out with injury for the past two or three seasons!

CONFERENCE PREMIER

Aldershot seems to be the team to beat at the moment. They have 61 points, seven-clear of second-place Torquay. Stevenage also seems well on its way to a playoff spot. The next two spots are contested by six teams, though - Burton and Cambridge have a distinct advantage as they have only played 24 matches, where Histon (6th place) have played 27, Forest Green (7th place) have played 25, and Ebbsfleet (8th place) have played 26. Games in hand could also come back to bite Aldershot in the ass, if Torquay wins both of its games in hand!

Speaking of Forest Green, Stuart Fleetwood is slaying the opposition goalkeepers with his astonishing 28 goals, of which 22 are in Conference.

At the other end, Stafford Rangers and Droylsden look like hopeless cases, being ten points in the hole (aka ten points behind Farsley) and with the former only having won once all season! Northwich aren't much better off, only three points ahead of those two. Altrincham actually has a chance. I still hope they don't make it, though. Farsley and Weymouth are still very much in danger.

Canadian Content?

Well, Torquay's starting goalkeeper is Canadian. Big man Simon Rayner (6'4", 15st) has started in goal for 3 of every 4 Torquay matches and has 5 clean sheets. Not to take anything away from his partner, who has three clean sheets to his credit in eight matches played.

Simeon Jackson's position has slipped from second to fourth in Conference scoring, but for once I'm actually happy - it shows the rest of the team has finally decided to pick up the slack to help him! Still, fifteen goals is nothing to sneeze at! He's not Fleetwood, but he is decent enough for League football and I think someone ought to pick him up in the summer. R&D are thirteen clear of relegation and not as low in the table as they were (they've been 19th and 18th at points this season) but they still have a fight ahead of them.

Weymouth just needs to smarten up. Gavin McCallum hasn't scored since October (he's a holding mid, can you blame him?) but that's not the point. The point is, they're 18th and only five clear of Altrincham HOWEVER they have a game in hand, so that five could easily become eight.

CONFERENCE NORTH

I'll bet Kettering is liking where they are. They're five clear of Southport for top and they have a game in hand. If I were them, I'd be more worried about third-place Harrogate, who also have a game in hand on Southport. Telford and Hyde have the other two playoff spots, and Nuneaton is in striking distance of the fourth and final spot. Nuneaton has to be careful, though. Stalybridge Celtic is only three back and has two games in hand on them.

Leigh is bottom, six behind Solihull, five behind Vauxhall Motors, and three behind Hinckley. Hinckley may be second-from-bottom, but they also have games in hand on the other teams in their immediate area of the table - two on Vauxhall and Leigh and three on Solihull, to be exact. Blyth Spartans, who are two up on Solihull and three up on Vauxhall, have a game in hand on Vauxhall, two on Solihull and three on Blyth Spartans, who are two ahead of them. Tamworth isn't out of the woods yet, either. This wacky scheduling could make for some interesting football at the southern end of the table :p

No Canadians in Conference North.

CONFERENCE SOUTH

I wouldn't be getting too cocky if I were Lewes. Sure, they're nine clear up top, but they've also played two more games than second-place Eastbourne, who IMO are the biggest threat to their title. Surprising Hampton and Richmond Borough are stubbornly holding third down thanks to the second-highest goals-for total in the division. Canadian Elliott Godfrey has seven goals, but he's just one of several who have contributed to the 47 goals the H&R Block have scored this season. Nigerian Lawrence Yaku leads the way with eight. They have a game in hand on 4th-place Bath, who aren't doing too shabby in their own right, only a point back of H&R. Newport County rounds out the playoff lot, three back of Bath, but only goal diff is keeping them ahead of Eastleigh, with Bromley, Basingstoke, Fisher, and Bishop's Stortford all within a win.

The relegation race (or the race to stay out of relegation) is pretty tight. St. Albans is bottom, but they also have a game in hand on both Sutton (who have the same number of points) and 19th-place Bognor Regis, and two games in hand on 18th-place Welling United. Dorchester, two points ahead of St. Albans, also have the same number of games in hand. A bit of advice to those teams - USE THEM!!

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2008, 09:59:07 PM »
Update time again...

CHAMPIONSHIP

Bristol's taken a tumble out of the top pairing but are still only a point back. West Brom and Watford hold down the top two with 54 and 52 respectively. Stoke, Charlton, and IPSWICH :hyper: have the playoff spots at the moment, but Crystal Palace is only behind the Tractor Boys by one goal's worth of goal differential. Hull, Cardiff, Burnley and Wolverhampton are also within striking distance.

Preston aren't last anymore, but last-place Colchester has a game in hand on them and are behind them by three. S****horpe is also in the red. Sheffield Wednesday is also in real trouble - only one point out of the red - but they too have a game in hand. Leicester is four points out.

Canadian content went down in the transfer window with Peters leaving Ipswich for Yeovil. Iain Hume leads Leicester with six goals. Jason DeVos continues providing veteran leadership and good defending for surging Ipswich. As for the third Canadian, he's in the U18s of Plymouth Argyle :p Michal Misiewicz seems to be having a grand ol' time. :D

LEAGUE ONE

Leeds finally blinked. They've slipped out of the playoff position after a very strong start to the season and they're no longer in the place where they'd be tops if they didn't have the 15-point penalty thanks to a Swansea hot streak that has them ten clear at the top! Still, there're only six points separating second-place Doncaster from eighth-place Leeds, with Carlisle, Nottingham Forest, Walsall, Tranmere, and Leyton Orient sandwiched in between.

At the other end, Luton continues to struggle on and off the pitch, and although they aren't last, their prospects of staying up are bleak at best. Last place is Port Vale, with Bournemouth and Crewe also occupying the red zone with 30 each. Milwall also has 30 points but they have two games in hand on the teams behind them. Cheltenham and Gillingham both have one game in hand on the top red-zoners.

Canadian content - Peschisolido is finally healthy and has an FA Cup goal to his credit, not that that helps Luton much :p. Mike D'Agostino continues to see action for Cheltenham - he has an assist after seven starts and four further appearances as a sub. Simeon Jackson made his first appearance for Gillingham in a scoreless draw against Cheltenham, and here's what the Gills website had to say about him:

Simeon Jackson is looking a snip at

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline craigavonyid

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2008, 11:19:11 PM »
i follow the fortunes of walton and hersham doing ok this season
yid army/cliftonville red army

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2008, 08:44:02 PM »
Update time! :p

CHAMPIONSHIP

I can't believe my eyes. Bristol feckin City are top. This after just having been promoted from Div One. They also have a game in hand on 2nd-place Stoke (as also do 3rd-place Watford), so they have a distinct advantage here. West Bromwich have a game in hand on Watford and Bristol, too, so things are starting to get interesting as we gear up for the home stretch (aka the last ten games of the season). Not only do we have this four-way race for the top of the heap, but right behind that we have seven teams fighting for the third and fourth playoff spots, and that's not ruling Charlton out of a late hot streak to go up without the playoffs altogether! Ipswich, Plymouth, Burnley, Hull, Wolverhampton, and Crystal Palace are all jammed together in a 3-point squeeze.

If you think about it, Blackpool, Cardiff, Norwich, QPR, and even Barnsley aren't really that far back either, considering there are a dozen or fewer games left for the lot. HOWEVER, Barnsley is closer to the red zone than they are to the last playoff spot - they're only six out at the moment. Wednesday, S****horpe and Colchester occupy said red zone, however Wednesday have played fewer matches than any other Championship team and have two games in hand on the team directly in front of them, Preston North End. I'm hoping they make those up. Because I hate North End. Period. Southampton, Coventry, Leicester and Sheff U are also in trouble.

Canadian content - there are rumours going about that Jason DeVos will retire at the end of this season. Now he's going to be 34, so he's obviously no spring chicken, but maybe he has a season or two left in him. Who knows?

Iain Hume continues to be a bright spot for struggling Leicester, with seven goals this season to lead the team.

DIVISION ONE

Well, we know this much - it's now impossible for Luton or Port Vale to secure automatic promotion, and it's impossible for high-flying Swansea to be relegated :p

Seriously, despite Leeds' great start, they haven't been as consistently good as the Swans, who are now a whopping 14 points clear of 2nd-place Doncaster. The Dons will have their eyes over their shoulders at the two teams with a game in hand on them that are riding on their rear - Carlisle and Nottingham Forest are both in striking distance of second place and shouldn't be too worried about the other two playoff teams who have played two (Walsall) and three (Tranmere) more games respectively. Southend (WHO'S THE PIKEY IN MY SEAT?? :lol: ), Leeds, Leyton Orient, and even Oldham are looking like playoff contenders. Brighton and Bristol Rovers could easily be up there as well - Bristol in particular has only 31 games under their belt! If they'd played 34 games like most of the teams ahead of them, they could've had as many as 53 points, which would put them in the last playoff spot by a point.

The red zone hasn't changed much. The teams are exactly the same, and to be perfectly honest, Crewe is the only one of the four that looks like it has a chance of getting out of the red! Gillingham, Cheltenham, Millwall, and to a lesser extent Hartlepool and Yeovil, need to watch themselves, although Gills in particular has two games in hand on Crewe.

Canadian content - Michael D'Agostino's obviously impressed Cheltenham enough to become a fixture in the side. I kinda wonder if they're gonna make that loan deal permanent at this point. Blackpool might want him back at the rate he's going :p

Simeon Jackson has yet to get his first goal with Gillingham, but he's sure been trying! 3 shots on target and four off in four matches. He just has to keep plugging away, I think.

Poor Paul Peschisolido. How did he get stuck in a dive like Luton? :lol:

Yeovil hasn't exactly been getting much out of their Canadians, either. Jaime Peters, although he's only started four matches and been subbed in twice, hasn't really done too much, and Bircham (who's actually ENGLISH, not Canadian :p) has only been good for taking fouls.

In short - D'Agostino's the only Canadian who's actually really done anything in Div 1 this season!

DIVISION TWO

Close at the top here, too. MK Dons, Peterborough, Darlington and Hereford are in a nice 4-way dogfight (only five points separating MK from Hereford U) at the top, with 4 more worthy teams fighting over three playoff spots - Rotherham, Wycombe, and Stockport hold down spots, with Chesterfield on the outside looking in. Rochdale is a few games behind in their play, so they could easily be in the playoff hunt as well.

At the other end, there are five teams that aren't doing so well - Obviously Mansfield and Wrexham, who are in the red, but also Macclesfield, Bury, and Notts County really could use some improvement. Barnet? Not so much. They have three games in hand on Notts County, a team they're already four points ahead of. If they play their cards right, they'll be fine.

Canadian content - Ross Smith must be chuffed. Dagenham and Redbridge put forward a small hot streak and are now ten clear of relegation. He himself has been seeing regular action for the Daggers.

Octavio-Maginnis Castro is still with the youth team at Peterborough and turning heads with his skills.

Terrible Terry just can't stay out of the ref's little book! Dunfield now has 9 yellows, joint-top on the team with Luke Dimech and among the worst offenders in the division. :ph34r:

I'll put off doing Conference until Tony Kempster's site is back up to date.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 10:44:16 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2008, 10:22:23 PM »
lol how weird Stoke and Bristol City in the Premiership, how weird would that be.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2008, 10:47:05 PM »
Quote from: Dimitar B.;38333
lol how weird Stoke and Bristol City in the Premiership, how weird would that be.

Weirder than a Canadian Spurs fan with Asperger Syndrome? :p

Seriously, yeah, that would be pretty feckin weird.

And both of those would get their asses handed to them, I'm sure.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

spurs future stars out on loan
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2008, 09:00:43 AM »
Tottenham Hotspur youngster Jake Livermore has joined MK Dons on loan.
The promising midfielder has moved to Milton Keynes on loan for a month to gain some first team experience.
The 18 year old has been a regular for the Tottenham reserves this season as well as turning out several times for the Under 18's.
Livermore will now head north to join Paul Ince's side as they battle for promotion to League One

hope he plays well and if anyone go to the dons they will be able to give us an update

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2008, 09:17:39 AM »
Hope Southend can get in the Playoff's this season.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?