SpursNetwork

Vedad Ibicevic - Defoe strikeforce

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Vedad Ibicevic - Defoe strikeforce
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 05:39:24 PM »
yeah - I disagree.

Suarez is a good player, but he will not improve the BALANCE of the strikeforce.... we already have Defoe (and vdV: almost a striker as he does feck all defending as a midfielder) who are gonna be here for a few yrs.....

we need a big lump with some pace and know when to pass it or welly it with some... er... welly... mid-20s, intl. experience, English-speaking (ish), with a nice smile and looks good in lilywhite...

sorted.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 07:25:28 PM »
Andy Carroll  :up:
COYS!

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 07:27:20 AM »
No chance of us getting Carroll though. He is good but doubt he will come to us.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 10:45:42 AM »
Carroll is waaaaay over-rated on account of being a Geordie playing for Newky and also by being Ingerlish...

little pace, little technique, over-agressive, very poor movement off the ball, good in the air.... we have Crouch who is better..

Cameron Jerome please.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 10:48:01 AM »
Carroll is waaaaay over-rated on account of being a Geordie playing for Newky and also by being Ingerlish...

little pace, little technique, over-agressive, very poor movement off the ball, good in the air.... we have Crouch who is better..

Cameron Jerome please.

:2funny:
COYS!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 11:03:21 AM »

Cameron Jerome please.

Andy Carroll second in the premier League with 10 goals

Cameron Jerome 48th with 3 goals

Stats according to Premier League Offical site, I think we should buy the player who scores next to f**k all and hasn't broken into the England set up yet

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 12:05:27 PM »
Well I think that now might me the perfect time to lure Sheringham and Lineker back from retirement.  :2funny:

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 12:24:47 PM »
Well I think that now might me the perfect time to lure Sheringham and Lineker back from retirement.  :2funny:

Riff I think you've just solved our striking dilema, why didn't Gareth think of that !!!!!!

Seriously though I think Carroll could be an option for us wether he would come is another argument but I still think he could be a useful addition to our striking line up !!!

???
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2010, 12:33:12 PM »
yeah, cos its that simple innit... just look at who's scored the most goals in 3 months compared to someone else, and then youll have the better forward...

I hear Liverpool are trying to swap Torres for Elmander too.... Elmander has scored twice as many goals in the Prem this season innit... :2funny:

PS - its good that Spurs attracts a following from all sections of society.... Ugs is a very special intellect after all.. 8D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 12:34:54 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2010, 01:46:56 PM »
Actually technique wise Carroll aint half bad. + He can actually strike the ball unlike Crouchie although ive gotta admit Crouchie is better at ball control then using his head unlike Carroll.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 11:53:25 PM »
Clive Allen still owns a set of boots and is at the club, there be our solution  :lol:

Carroll would be a good addition but right now I think due to his recent boom his price would be higher than his credentials justify.

What about Bellamy anyone?
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2010, 10:38:07 AM »
Bellamy would still be great as backup on either flank, as well as (better) alternative to Defoe or Vaart..... but we will still need a new primary striker to secure Top4....

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 12:06:01 PM »
So would you favour us playing a lone striker? or a 2 up front or a sheringham/Klinsman set up which Vdv would be ideal for

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 12:13:01 PM »
different games and intra-game scenarios will be served best by the felexibility offered by being able to play more than 1 system...

we will alternate between 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1, if/when we get the right type of striker to allow us to play a lone-striker.. someone we patently lack currently..

if you play Vaart, then you really do need a lone-striker ahead of him, as Vaart tends to drift infield and into midfield a hell of alot.... we will need a striker that can cope with 2 CBs then

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2010, 12:27:57 PM »
From Levys statements at the AGM seems the focus is to ship out some surplus players and not bring any in or is that Levy cleverly putting up a smoke screen?? :up: