SpursNetwork

Soldado - 26 Million pound dud??

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
Re: Soldado - 26 Million pound dud??
« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2014, 04:37:45 PM »
For Soldado to thrive, I believe the side needs one of two types of players (or one of each if you want to challenge for the title) You need a player like Modric, who has the vision to play the pass that is needed to cut open the defense, playing it to the players on the wing who then have the time and space to cross the ball to said Soldado. Or/And you need a player like Bale, who takes the ball at his feet past the players and can either strike or pass to the waiting Soldado to tap the ball home. We have neither of these kinds of players so our build up is slow, non-pentrating, thoughtless and low in quality.

Soldado is not the problem here. If we are not able to create a team that consists of one or both of these types of players then we either need to change our style of football and replace Soldado with a striker that is able to come deep, collect the ball and then pull off a solo miracle mission. Or we except that the standard we are at is as high as we can get. 5th/6th place every year.   

Spot on bro :up: , We brougt in Erriksen to do the playmaker role and he is still finding his feet but getting better all the time, the two main problems are our wingers and defencive midfielders!, our winger seem to have liscence to go where they please and spend far to much time infield or cutting inside as they want to score themselves!, this creates a cramped midfield with us getting congested and nowhere to go! we are trying to play balls into the strikers when they are surrounded by a solid wall back 4!, they need to be told to stay out wide and get to as near as the byline as they can and whip as many crosses into the box as they can. As for our defencive midfield well its non existent at times, no closing down when we dont have the ball, far to much backing off and waiting for a team mate to do something! no communication with there team mates!, when we have the ball other players around them are static and ball watching! instead of looking for space to run into, this in itself makes our defence panic when they get closed down in there own half as there is no outlet for them to play the ball to! and we have seen this season a few times now a defender trying to take on a man in his own half , losing the ball and a few passes later we are picking the ball out of our own net!!!. They need to wake up and smell the coffee! they have a job to do for every game not just now and again!. :-[ :-[ ???
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2014, 05:48:39 AM »

Spot on bro :up: , We brougt in Erriksen to do the playmaker role and he is still finding his feet but getting better all the time, the two main problems are our wingers and defencive midfielders!, our winger seem to have liscence to go where they please and spend far to much time infield or cutting inside as they want to score themselves!, this creates a cramped midfield with us getting congested and nowhere to go! we are trying to play balls into the strikers when they are surrounded by a solid wall back 4!, they need to be told to stay out wide and get to as near as the byline as they can and whip as many crosses into the box as they can. As for our defencive midfield well its non existent at times, no closing down when we dont have the ball, far to much backing off and waiting for a team mate to do something! no communication with there team mates!, when we have the ball other players around them are static and ball watching! instead of looking for space to run into, this in itself makes our defence panic when they get closed down in there own half as there is no outlet for them to play the ball to! and we have seen this season a few times now a defender trying to take on a man in his own half , losing the ball and a few passes later we are picking the ball out of our own net!!!. They need to wake up and smell the coffee! they have a job to do for every game not just now and again!. :-[ :-[ ???

Great post BlackJack, you have hit a few nails on the head here. Nice to here someone talking about the finer details of football and trying to understand the real reasons for where things are going wrong, rather than blaming one player.

But it would be nice to have a discussion where we were saying what we were doing so well. And why teams found it so hard against us. ... sigh!
Maybe next year...

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2014, 09:50:22 AM »

Great post BlackJack, you have hit a few nails on the head here. Nice to here someone talking about the finer details of football and trying to understand the real reasons for where things are going wrong, rather than blaming one player.

But it would be nice to have a discussion where we were saying what we were doing so well. And why teams found it so hard against us. ... sigh!

I thought we were making lots of progress under Harry!, we were a good passing team, fast flowing forward play and a real have a go attitude!, teams where scared of us as they new when we was on it  we were really on it!, we were giving the big guns a run for there money, now every time we play MC, Pool,Ars*nal. etc were getting pasted again and is horrible to see, frustrating that Levy has ruined our best team we had in the league for years!. We have gone backwards!!!, the majority of the players AVB brought in are not good enough!, Tim is doing the best he can with what hes got, but what concerns me more is Pool are moving away from us, they have spent wisely, Sturridge, Coutinio,Aspas, Toure!, all very good players, with Sturridge and young sterling, Johnson they act as wingers and get great crosses into the box for there strikers!, the attack in numbers going forward and so create havoc to opposing teams!, if we had that Im sure Soldado and Adebayor would thrive as a partnership! as it is now I fear Soldado could be another Morientes and it never worked for him at pool and and he was great at madrid!.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline dimexi

« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2014, 01:59:21 AM »

I thought we were making lots of progress under Harry!, we were a good passing team, fast flowing forward play and a real have a go attitude!, teams where scared of us as they new when we was on it  we were really on it!, we were giving the big guns a run for there money, now every time we play MC, Pool,Ars*nal. etc were getting pasted again and is horrible to see, frustrating that Levy has ruined our best team we had in the league for years!. We have gone backwards!!!,

Be careful Blackjack, that kind of talk can tend to get a certain reaction round here.  ;) Even though what you say is 100% correct, others will insist that you are wrong. Best to stick with the topic on the thread, Soldado. Although the Harry debate and the decline we are now facing is relevant, it would be best to discuss it in its own thread.

Maybe next year...

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2014, 08:59:23 AM »

I thought we were making lots of progress under Harry!, we were a good passing team, fast flowing forward play and a real have a go attitude!, teams where scared of us as they new when we was on it  we were really on it!, we were giving the big guns a run for there money, now every time we play MC, Pool,Ars*nal. etc were getting pasted again and is horrible to see, frustrating that Levy has ruined our best team we had in the league for years!. We have gone backwards!!!,

Be careful Blackjack, that kind of talk can tend to get a certain reaction round here.  ;) Even though what you say is 100% correct, others will insist that you are wrong. Best to stick with the topic on the thread, Soldado. Although the Harry debate and the decline we are now facing is relevant, it would be best to discuss it in its own thread.

Blackjack you are 110% correct in what you have posted, it really grieves me to see the way we have played the last season and a half, compared to the previous 3 seasons, as you quite rightly said, we were playing a really attractive and attacking style and yes when teams came to the Lane they did fear us, and when we went away they new that they had to be on their game.
    To be honest Dimexi I am sick and tired of the way certain people continue to defend Levy and his antics, in my opinion he needs to be made accountable for his actions, because he has certainly contributed to the position we currently find ourselves in!!!!
 :up: :up: :up:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:06:11 AM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2014, 09:07:30 AM »
Im not trying to provoke a reaction :)  we are all on the same team Im just stating facts as to why Soldado is not playing well enough!, if we address the positions around him that need to feed him then we should be able to get him going, but I fear losing key players like Bale and changing managers and far too many new team members in quick sucsession means that Soldado has struggled because our team has struggled to adapt to playing a new system(AVB one upfront) plus the new players have not quite got a clear understanding of each other and by giving our wingers the liscence to roam and play out of position Soldado is either starved of the ball or recieves it to high up the pitch as he has come looking for it to try and get involved in the game!. When this happens and we do get a good counter and play the right way we have nobody in the box to put it in the net!. this I blame on Levys management skills.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:10:10 AM by Blackjack »
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #156 on: March 07, 2014, 09:34:47 AM »
Im not trying to provoke a reaction :)  we are all on the same team Im just stating facts as to why Soldado is not playing well enough!, if we address the positions around him that need to feed him then we should be able to get him going, but I fear losing key players like Bale and changing managers and far too many new team members in quick sucsession means that Soldado has struggled because our team has struggled to adapt to playing a new system(AVB one upfront) plus the new players have not quite got a clear understanding of each other and by giving our wingers the liscence to roam and play out of position Soldado is either starved of the ball or recieves it to high up the pitch as he has come looking for it to try and get involved in the game!. When this happens and we do get a good counter and play the right way we have nobody in the box to put it in the net!. this I blame on Levys management skills.

I think Levy made a huge mistake in not loosening the purse strings when HR was coach, and before the usual suspects start screaming about England, what manager in his right mind wouldn't want to coach his national side, but that is now all in the past, time to move on. Once again Blackjack you are correct in your summation of our current predicament, but hopefully Levy will stop interfere-ing and allow the coach to decide, although I very much doubt it and I am not about to hold my breath>  :( :( :(

Offline dimexi

« Reply #157 on: March 07, 2014, 01:33:59 PM »

Blackjack you are 110% correct in what you have posted, it really grieves me to see the way we have played the last season and a half, compared to the previous 3 seasons, as you quite rightly said, we were playing a really attractive and attacking style and yes when teams came to the Lane they did fear us, and when we went away they new that they had to be on their game.
    To be honest Dimexi I am sick and tired of the way certain people continue to defend Levy and his antics, in my opinion he needs to be made accountable for his actions, because he has certainly contributed to the position we currently find ourselves in!!!!
 :up: :up: :up:

Totally agree Mr Finch. I have been saying for a while now that the way I see it, the common denominator in Spurs' woes is Levy and at some point ( i would say sooner rather than later) Levy needs to be made accountable for the extremely poor decisions that have been made over the years. For me the start of this was the lack of communication and explanation after the Harry sacking. I am sure it threads back further than that point, but it was the big wake up call we should all have reacted to more proactively. But I think because we were on the rise, we were fooled to believing that maybe it would work out for the best in the long run. How wrong we were!

And as Blackjack has said this does have an impact on having a player the quality of Soldado, but not the team, tactics or philosophy to bring him and our team success. 
Maybe next year...

Offline dimexi

« Reply #158 on: March 07, 2014, 01:39:36 PM »
Im not trying to provoke a reaction :) 

I know that was not you intention, your points were valid and well constructed...I just meant that you may get one anyway.
Maybe next year...

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2014, 07:51:40 PM »

I know that was not you intention, your points were valid and well constructed...I just meant that you may get one anyway.

I expect it bro!, there will be many people who agree and disagree, everyone has a valid point of view and we all respect each other :up: .
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2014, 11:16:21 PM »

I expect it bro!, there will be many people who agree and disagree, everyone has a valid point of view and we all respect each other :up: .

Unfortunately Blackjack, there are some on this forum who do not respect other peoples points of view and will try and denigrate anyone who disagrees with their views.   :nods: :nods: :nods:

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #161 on: March 08, 2014, 07:42:23 AM »
Some great posts here, some well put and valid points Blackjack, nothing to add from me as you are in my opinion completely correct, some refreshing points too mate.

I think there is defo room to start a thread on our decline over the last season or so and where the issues lie.

As for Soldado, with a fellow strike partner like Ade and good service from midfield, he will get us goals, just hope Levy is not stupid enough to sell him!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #162 on: March 08, 2014, 02:14:42 PM »
Some great posts here, some well put and valid points Blackjack, nothing to add from me as you are in my opinion completely correct, some refreshing points too mate.

I think there is defo room to start a thread on our decline over the last season or so and where the issues lie.

As for Soldado, with a fellow strike partner like Ade and good service from midfield, he will get us goals, just hope Levy is not stupid enough to sell him!

I couldn't agree more Metal, we can only live in hope, but unfortunately only time will tell!!!

:nods: :nods: :nods: :nods:

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #163 on: March 08, 2014, 04:21:49 PM »

Well, Levy is capable of anything irrational as we know, but If Sodado up his game by May, he will stay and become good next seson1

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #164 on: March 08, 2014, 07:02:07 PM »

Well, Levy is capable of anything irrational as we know, but If Sodado up his game by May, he will stay and become good next seson1

Levy needs to sort things out before we become a laughing stock.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.