SpursNetwork

Soldado - 26 Million pound dud??

Offline yidmafioso

• Season Ticket: No
Re: Soldado - 26 Million pound dud??
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2014, 08:18:45 PM »
I`d like to throw my two penneth in to this debate . Soldado WILL come good as he`s too good not to .Watch his movement and how he uses the ball .He`s just taking anextraordinary long time to get used to english football .Trust me , when he gets a couple he will fly
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2014, 10:00:54 PM »
I`d like to throw my two penneth in to this debate . Soldado WILL come good as he`s too good not to .Watch his movement and how he uses the ball .He`s just taking anextraordinary long time to get used to english football .Trust me , when he gets a couple he will fly

My thoughts entirely, to sell him after just 1 season, in my opinion, would be downright stupid!! :nods: :nods: :nods:
:SN:[font

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #137 on: March 01, 2014, 12:37:55 AM »

Watching him using the ball is whats most concerning, look at when we broke and he had the ball on the edge of the box and seemed to stop for an age because he couldnt decide where to pass and ended up giving it away!, He is wandering out of position way to much, he kept going over to the left wing which then left Adebayor isolated time and time again!, I know he has the skill set I just think something is going on behind the seen because he does not have that desire that ade has and you would have thought for his debut season he would have been busting a gut to be the best! :-[
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2014, 02:56:57 PM »

Watching him using the ball is whats most concerning, look at when we broke and he had the ball on the edge of the box and seemed to stop for an age because he couldnt decide where to pass and ended up giving it away!, He is wandering out of position way to much, he kept going over to the left wing which then left Adebayor isolated time and time again!, I know he has the skill set I just think something is going on behind the seen because he does not have that desire that ade has and you would have thought for his debut season he would have been busting a gut to be the best! :-[
I think the problem is that becuase he`s not getting the service he`s coming deeper and deeper to get the ball so when we get on the attack he`s frequently chasing to keep up or out of position .If we were playing like we were two seasons ago with two fast wide players and sharp , quick passing he`d be banging them in
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2014, 05:05:03 PM »
Lovely finish from Soldado vs Cardiff that will do his confidence wonders!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2014, 08:24:04 PM »
Lovely finish from Soldado vs Cardiff that will do his confidence wonders!

Let's hope he goes on a goal frenzie now  :)
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #141 on: March 02, 2014, 10:18:36 PM »
I was chatting to the bloke next to me just before kick off today, I said if Soldado scores I'll buy you a pint! Haha! Opps :D

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #142 on: March 02, 2014, 11:20:22 PM »
I was chatting to the bloke next to me just before kick off today, I said if Soldado scores I'll buy you a pint! Haha! Opps :D

You keep saying it and get some overtime in! :up:
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2014, 06:45:55 AM »
        Good result, great to see Soldado score, good 1st touch and great finish, very classy, what pleased me more was seeing Ade calling ALL the team over to congratulate him, now that was REAL CLASS from him, cos Ade knows what its like to not be able to find the back of the net, perhaps now Soldado has got the monkey off his back, he will start to score regularly, here's hoping cos we have 3 BIG games coming up.  :up: :up: :up:
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2014, 04:39:07 PM »
Good result, but a crappy match. I wasn’t impressed with the way Spurs played, but we won… And Soldado scored. I hope this is the first of many (not that it was his first) goals for him. The way we played a Chelsea or City would have crucified us. But styles and the way we play depends on who we are up against.
I haven’t decided yet whether to go for a draw against Chelsea or a win. I imagine that everybody is thinking we would be just lucky to get a draw. But somebody has to Smash Chelsea’s home record under their manager. I said to somebody at Spurs, yesterday, that the team that beats Chelsea at Stamford Bridge will be somebody from outside the top 4 and we are currently outside the top 4. :up:
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2014, 12:10:17 PM »
This shows why Soldado is struggling at Spurs  :'(

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/287565/analysis

He is spending way to much time out of the box where his best attributes are!.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2014, 05:05:49 PM »
This shows why Soldado is struggling at Spurs  :'(

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/287565/analysis

He is spending way to much time out of the box where his best attributes are!.

Agreed. They said the same on Match of the day. Strikers like Soldado or Greaves camp in the box. Under AVB and Sherwood he (Soldado, not Greaves) is not doing that. The question is why? Is he following orders or not doing as he is told? I would say he is following orders.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2014, 08:13:41 PM »
I would say the opposite I think he is not recieving the ball enough so is going looking for it.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2014, 08:25:43 PM »
I would say the opposite I think he is not recieving the ball enough so is going looking for it.

Well, that is a possibility, but it is still down to the manager to sort it out. Or he is trying too hard to please. Whatever way it is, it needs sorting out quickly. You don't become a bad striker over night.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2014, 01:29:55 AM »
For Soldado to thrive, I believe the side needs one of two types of players (or one of each if you want to challenge for the title) You need a player like Modric, who has the vision to play the pass that is needed to cut open the defense, playing it to the players on the wing who then have the time and space to cross the ball to said Soldado. Or/And you need a player like Bale, who takes the ball at his feet past the players and can either strike or pass to the waiting Soldado to tap the ball home. We have neither of these kinds of players so our build up is slow, non-pentrating, thoughtless and low in quality.

Soldado is not the problem here. If we are not able to create a team that consists of one or both of these types of players then we either need to change our style of football and replace Soldado with a striker that is able to come deep, collect the ball and then pull off a solo miracle mission. Or we except that the standard we are at is as high as we can get. 5th/6th place every year.   
Maybe next year...