SpursNetwork

Curtis Davis

Curtis Davis
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 10:41:12 PM »
Quote from: jordan;21306
We need him! Anthony Gardner and Rocha are not capable of playing centre back with kaboul, dawson, anyone. And i don't want to say this but, but ledley king will never be fully fit again. He obviously has some serious knee injury. He has had countless amount of surgery on it. And it is not getting fixed. He cannot play a month without getting injured. I think we need to appoint a new full time captain and forget about ledley king. Dawson for captain.

Lets just forget king? hasnt given us a great service over his career or anything has he or been one of the most loyal players weve had for years!. What a stupid thing to say, are u sure youre a spurs supporter?

Dawsons too young and inexperienced to be our cpatain anyway. If ledders did have to retire then Keano should be captain.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Season Ticket: No
Curtis Davis
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 11:10:58 PM »
I feel extreme sadness for Ledley and his injury problems, for me he is THFC. But i do agree that we need cover for him as well as Dawson ans Kaboul!

Gardner and Rocha just cant cut it in the prem so Davies is needed imo to cover for the King as he is still out for a while!

Please please please can you make a full return Ledley?!?!?!?!
COYS!

Offline Yid4Life

Curtis Davis
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 01:32:33 AM »
Not sure about Davis :unsure: he maybe a good prospect - but at this point of his Career that's all he is & we've got enough prospects in our reserves - we need a CM

But give Rocha a chance, he's only had half a Season with us in the Prem & the more i see of him, the more i feel he's adjusting - as 4 Bambi - AKA Tony G - Time 2 go my friend, been a good servant but ENOUGH is ENOUGH :wall:

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Curtis Davis
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 09:09:24 AM »
Davies is a good player but way overpriced. I would far prefer us to spend £8m of more on a LW or AM. Rocha I feel is good enough, was one of Benfica's best players, and will be more then adequate cover.

If King doesn't return properly this season, I feel he may be towards the end of his career. But he is a fighter, SINGING WEVE GOT LEDLEY AT THE BACK...

Curtis Davis
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 10:41:51 AM »
Quote from: Taarabt19;21354
Rocha I feel is good enough, was one of Benfica's best players, and will be more then adequate cover.

If King doesn't return properly this season, I feel he may be towards the end of his career. But he is a fighter, SINGING WEVE GOT LEDLEY AT THE BACK...

I feel that Rocha was growing in the role last season, and will be a sensation this season.  I regret to say that I also believe that King will not be back in any meaningful way this season, ( odd game now and again), and we do need cover. As for the captain, if not King, then Keane or Robindon.

Curtis Davis
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 10:47:09 AM »
If King was 30 then id agree,but im sure he will be back to his best and play a major part this season.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
Curtis Davis
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 10:49:53 AM »
Quote from: jordan;21306
And i don't want to say this but, but ledley king will never be fully fit again. He obviously has some serious knee injury.

I doubt that mate

the worse knee injury is crusiate(sp?) and people recover from that fine. and itf it was that serious i believe they would have announced what the injury was.

i just think last season he was brought back to early and made it a little worse, hence the extra time off after a op remember, Ops take a long to to recover from.

Look when King came back last season every 1 knew that he wasn't 100% fit, but preformed brilliant. I just think they are not taking any risk this time and making sure they get it right

Curtis Davis
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 01:10:21 PM »
£8m is a bit too much said it before we could spend this type of money on a quality LW or AM.

But Davies would be a good signing for us and if King was to get injured again then we have got some good cover in defence.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 01:19:32 PM by Dj Frisky »

Curtis Davis
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 01:42:41 PM »
Quote from: Biggs;21376

the worse knee injury is crusiate(sp?) and people recover from that fine. and itf it was that serious i believe they would have announced what the injury was.

One of the most common and serious knee injuries is to the ACL, anterior cruciate ligiment.  These can tear due to the knee being twisted and pulled out of position.  Depending on the extent of the damage repair may be possible, often with keyhole surgery.  With proper rehab a full recovery often takes a few months.  the fact that the club has not revealed the type of knee injury sustained or the extent of the damage is worrying.  I hope that Ledley will be back to his best soon, but i have a nagging doubt that he will.

Curtis Davis
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2007, 02:41:41 PM »
I think we need Left wing.We should buy MGP.
Why Mj buy Darrent Bent for 16.5 .The money can use to offer MGP.

Offline Jordan

Curtis Davis
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2007, 04:48:35 PM »
Quote from: dazzaTh;21317
What a stupid thing to say, are u sure youre a spurs supporter?

Dazza, just because I think King will never recover quickly it doesn't mean that i am not a spurs supporter. Plenty of other people agree, does that make them non spurs supporters. The only stupid thing said was you.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
Curtis Davis
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2007, 05:26:05 PM »
I dont think Rocha was fully fit when he joined in January. Saw him in a couple of pre-season games and he looked a fair bit slimmer and seemed to have improved a lot. Certainly a better option than Gardner.