SpursNetwork

Should We Help Refs?

Should We Help Refs?
« on: April 25, 2007, 11:10:26 PM »
Why do certain players/ teams seem to get away with abusing  officials I.e. the refs…has the discipline gone from the modern game…also include mangers. Why don’t the FA/ PREM officials come down hard on these usual subjects. If more points were deducted for such behaviour, do you think that discipline would improve? Personally I think it would for the simple fact being that the higher up the league you finish the more chance you have in playing in the prestige competitions, which in turn improves the revenue generated…a small fine is peanuts and meaningless to some clubs…could we learn from other sports?

Should We Help Refs?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 09:57:00 AM »
well the inconcistency of who is sent off is terible at the mo

games like rugby the player would be off even if a bad word was said?

Should We Help Refs?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 06:18:19 PM »
Oh my gosh...

Shoula seen Man U players today, what pricks.

EVERY single foul, about 6 of their players would surround the ref swearing and moaning at him. Ref was bloody biased to them to.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Season Ticket: No
Should We Help Refs?
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 08:57:15 PM »
Yeah its terrible when there players surrounf the ref shouting moaning and swearing.

I read in the Telegraph the other day that the FA are looking into an idea whereby only the captian of the teams can complain about the decisions made by the ref. Anyone else who approaches the ref whilst he is talking to the captian of the team will be told to "go away" and if they persist in moaning then they instantly get booked.

That to me sounds a sensible idea to stop the pricks from all the clubs but especially Man u, Arseanl and Chelsea all surrouding the ref, tryin to influance his decisions!
COYS!

Should We Help Refs?
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 09:46:48 PM »
I was pretty sure in theory at the moment only Captains were alowed to talk to the ref, which obviously isn't the case.

I hate it and Man Utd are terrible for it, as are Chelsea, as I said in another thread, If I was a ref, I'd give them all cards

Should We Help Refs?
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 10:46:39 PM »
Man Utd crowded the ref plenty today, the FA needs to start doing something about it. Either we adopt the rugby system and only the Captain can approach or they start carding players.

How about point deductions for cases mentioned in the referees report? that would stop it fast as anything.
There be dragons

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Should We Help Refs?
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 12:47:56 AM »
If I were ref - and after Bible translator, musician and university prof that was the fourth career I was considering - I'd not put up with crowding and brandish the yellow quite liberally.

Yes, I'm a nutbuster :p

How about point deductions for cases mentioned in the referees report? that would stop it fast as anything.

Awesome idea. :)

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan