SpursNetwork

Breakfast with Harry

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Breakfast with Harry
« on: May 13, 2011, 05:01:21 PM »
Some breakfast thing with Redknapp this morning, this is the report:

Would be flattered by England job, and you can't turn down your country but would miss day to day stuff.
Thinks we need a couple of players the level of "Modric and Bale" to take us further.
Thinks injuries to Bale and VdV cost us our form in the second half of the season as neither came back at full pelt.

Man U are in for Modric - "desperate for him, I know that for a fact" he said.

No point selling best players if we want to progress though.

Off to French Cup final on Saturday to look at 2-3 players that have been highlighted. Has been flying all around Europe watching players.

Walker has lots to learn but will be back to compete for a first team place next season

Taraabt is "a nutter", didn't want to sell him but Levy got a good offer and we have a massive sell-on clause

Couldn't think of any good kids coming through, eventually mentioned Caluker but that was it. Got the impression he's not impressed by our youth.

Doesn't like Wenger!
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
Re: Breakfast with Harry
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 05:14:58 PM »
He spouts all the time. I think he sees himself as some media personality - always wanting to be the cheeky chappie, cracking jokes. If you trail back his quotes though you will see cracks in them as things are starting to change with regard to who will come in. Originally it was all about we wont be selling but building with what already have - now he's managing our expectations by slowly mentioning teams coming in for our top players. Must really think we are stupid - no respect for fans

Offline COYSacrossthepond

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 05:24:07 PM »
Funny story 'Arry, about Bale being out... maybe if you hadn't run him into the ground, he wouldn't have gotten tired and hurt, eh? I know he's young but you have to sub him sometime.

Still, i don't know if Harry's lack of knowledge about our youth is lack of talent (i dont believe that, not with what we've brought up in the past few years) or lack of caring on Harry's part. He's never struck me as the build not buy type... more the other way around. So it wouldn't surprise me if Harry just has no idea who's in our academy.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 06:12:05 PM »
Nice statement from Arry re Modders, that will help Modders turn his head WTF!

And could he shout any louder to the FA come and get me I wont refuse the role???

Am going of Arry more and more each day I read another article from the twat, that coupled with our recent long list of shyte results he would be as welcome at my house as Beckham!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 06:14:00 PM by Metalanimal »
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 06:16:54 PM »
Think he's just preparing us "gently" (laugh) for the sale of Modders - if that aint going backwards I dont know what is as he has been consistantly our best player

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 06:22:59 PM »
That must be very motivational for our youth players.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 09:02:01 AM »
We have some real talent in youth teams - if he cannot recognise that, what is the point of having them?

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 05:05:44 PM »
We have some real talent in youth teams - if he cannot recognise that, what is the point of having them?

But we haven't.
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 07:59:23 AM »
Dont you think its daft to say where he is going to look at players? Kind of puts our competitors on notice and they may take a peek too. Are we aware of any good players we want in the French League?

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 09:37:42 AM »
Gervinho, Remi, Hazard and maybe Sako.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 09:58:50 AM »
Have to look them up - don't know them. What positions and who do they play for?

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 10:18:24 AM »
Gervinho - Striker (very funny hair) - Plays for Lille.
Sako - Midfielder (not sure on club)
Hazard - Winger (Lille)
Remy - Striker - Marseille.

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 11:03:14 AM »
Gervinho - Striker (very funny hair) - Plays for Lille.
Sako - Midfielder (not sure on club)
Hazard - Winger (Lille)
Remy - Striker - Marseille.

No CL this season means we will have to buy young undeveloped talent or aging superstars. That said, if we don't ship some players out Levy won't be buying anyone.
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 11:31:24 AM »
See in the papers that players have been named as probable exits - Jenas, Krankers, Pav (who has scored the combined total of Crouch and Defoe), Bentley and Keane. Just shows that Defoe and Crouch obviously turn up on a Monday morning with an apple for Harry