SpursNetwork

Redeveloping WHL - a question of groundshare

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Redeveloping WHL - a question of groundshare
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 12:36:23 PM »
This is a really daft topic. For a start we can't use Wembley because of the restrictions regarding the amount of times it can be used in a year. There is no way Ars*nal would want to share their stadium and financially don't need to.

On another point, if we do eventually build a bigger stadium don't expect  the club to spend a fortune on players or their wages as it will take about ten years to pay off the debt first. Until that point we won't be able to buy a pot to p155 in. So with a development time of about 4 years and a ten year debt we should be on line for about 2025, by which time I may well be dead !!

The potential development is about increasing the profile of the club and making the share holders richer. Please don't get drawn in my propaganda
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 02:31:14 PM »
Strange how its all gone quite at WHL about this topic! Essentially, to gate receipts up and compete at the highest level, something has to be done and fast. An alternative is to build a further tier of seats on the existing land. That will yield a further 20,000 plus seats and there would be little encoachment on neighbouring land except for the build phase. Planning permission could only be challenged on reducing light to neighbouring properties, but it gets around a lot of the issues that are stalling THFC PLC moving forward. The downside is that during building, a quarter of the stadium would be empty. In the end, we stay at our "home".   :dance: Any thoughts?

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 02:52:32 PM »
Strange how its all gone quite at WHL about this topic! Essentially, to gate receipts up and compete at the highest level, something has to be done and fast. An alternative is to build a further tier of seats on the existing land. That will yield a further 20,000 plus seats and there would be little encoachment on neighbouring land except for the build phase. Planning permission could only be challenged on reducing light to neighbouring properties, but it gets around a lot of the issues that are stalling THFC PLC moving forward. The downside is that during building, a quarter of the stadium would be empty. In the end, we stay at our "home".   :dance: Any thoughts?

They spent years going that line and it's not possible. The south and north stand were built so they could accommodate another tier, however the west and east would have to be rebuilt. The total cost apparently would exceed the build of a new ground and the council probably wouldn't give us planning permission because they wouldn't make out of it. The club has options, to go with the original plan to redevelop WHL or to move all together. The first option was more realistic when it looked like we may get a world cup, but Levy will not lay out all the money himself. The second option is also very difficult because there is little land to develop in London and if he  moves us to far from our routes people like me will refuse to attend matches.
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 07:31:24 PM »
I wonder where we go from here. Apart from the appeal that Levy has put in about that Olympic Stadium, has anyone heard anything else? Has Levy accepted that we stay and do nothing?

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 07:34:06 PM »
Levy is waiting for results from the court hearing.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 07:43:03 PM »
So is the thinking that he is preferring the Olympic Stadium ?

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 07:52:59 PM »
Of course he would prefer that. It saves the club 200 million pounds which is a crazy amount of money!

f**k Stratford.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2011, 12:02:51 PM »
makes you wonder where it will all end!

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2011, 06:51:20 AM »

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2011, 08:11:35 AM »
Would be my worst nightmare, all the years of supporting Spurs to be destroyed by one decision.

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2011, 09:44:56 AM »
I know its been asked before, but what the hell would we be called? Possibly go back the the original name of Hotspurs. Woolwich had to drop their first name when they moved.
Orient wont be too happy about any team going there despite the help we in particular given them, which I would understand. The whole thing looks a mess, but where else is there with all the obstacles for NPD?

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2011, 09:53:15 AM »
A place in Chigwell is being looked at but with us moving away from Chigwell (training ground) we have no chance.

I pray to god that we don't move, I'd rather go back to being a mid table team with Rasiak leading our line.

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2011, 10:05:25 AM »
I guess one option would be that we could capitalise on "London" as there is no team using it........and it could have the benefit of attracting investment. London Hotspur?

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2011, 10:24:04 AM »
Change our name? That would be a great way to lose half of all our supporters. I support Tottenham Hotspur, not any other s**t name. Change the name and the club is dead to me.

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011, 11:36:21 AM »
Thats the trouble (and I feel the same btw), so I wonder why Levy is even considering a move - can we really be THFC if we are in Stratford? Personally, I don't think Levy will succeed, so I question his motives.......and it costs a few bob to mount these challenges too.
Is it possible that he thinks he can "scare" Haringey into caving in on the basis that we wouldn't be there anymore? If he thinks that, its all too obvious and could prove futile, backfiring in his face.
whatever is going on, it needs to be sorted. We need a 60,000 seater stadium to get the revenue to be able to pay top dollar wages if we are serious about competing at the very top. Just hope they get on with it or we'll still be debating this in 5 years time.