SpursNetwork

Rafael van der Vaart

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
  • Season Ticket: No
Rafael van der Vaart
« on: May 17, 2011, 07:57:03 PM »
Tottenham midfielder Rafael van der Vaart has vowed to stay at the club despite Spurs' failure to reach next season's Champions League.

The London club can still automatically qualify for the Europa League if they defeat Birmingham on Sunday.

And the Dutchman denied he will leave to pursue top-level European football, telling the London Evening Standard: "I want to stay. It's great to be here.

"Do I see myself at Tottenham for the next few years? Of course."

Thats great mews for the club...thats him..Bale, and Modric now that have come out and said there happy with the club and happy to stay...brilliant news.

Hopefully now Gareth Keown can STFU about them being sold. :up:   
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 07:58:42 PM by Derry-Yid »
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
Re: Rafael van der Vaart
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 08:20:29 PM »
Good good news yids. Modric's commitment was key thought...
COYS!

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »
Love the bloke.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 11:48:07 PM »
Its always good when players come out for us supporters and make such statements to the media.

I hope Levy and co will reject any offers for our key players and ship out the deadwood to raise the required funds, no point buying if we ship of our best assets!

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 06:42:19 AM »
Time will tell I guess. A lot of promises are made in May that don't last till September. I hope he is genuine and if so we should build our forward line around him, and bring in a quality striker to play in front of him. He's a bit of an enigma, and his late arrival undoubtedly upset the balance of our team this season. But if we know we have him next year we can design a system that is built to make the best of his talent.

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 07:21:01 AM »
VDV is a one-off, in terms of us having to play 4-4-1-1 to accomodate him. We would need a 2nd VDV to slot in there if he is injured or our style of play will be upset again. Having said that, Modders can play in that role equally well, which is why its a shame that it it looks likely that Krankers will go as he can fill in for Modders in central MF as well as on the left. Hopefully, Harry will have a proper gameplan for next season instead of switching things around inorder to shoehorn VDV into the side as per this season. Good comment to the press though...................from my perspective, Modders is the main man though to build a team around.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 05:25:59 PM »
Maybe all these players coming out and saying their happy to stay may have something to do with the manager ?

I'd get rid of Keane and Pav and bring in Gyan from Sunderland, also keep Crouch and Defoe because they can't be that bad again !!!

8D

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 05:29:04 PM »
Defoe has lost that yard of pace which was crucial for his game, he won't pick it up again.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 06:07:54 PM »
Maybe all these players coming out and saying their happy to stay may have something to do with the manager ?

I'd get rid of Keane and Pav and bring in Gyan from Sunderland, also keep Crouch and Defoe because they can't be that bad again !!!

8D

I don't think Sunderland would part with Gyan unless we pay about 50 times what he's worth. Isn't he their only fit striker?
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 06:41:56 PM »

8D

I don't think Sunderland would part with Gyan unless we pay about 50 times what he's worth. Isn't he their only fit striker?

Good, because he really isn't that good.

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 06:45:58 PM »
The Wigan lad up front looks good (N'Zogbia? or something like that?)..........if Wigan go down, he could be a 2nd to an out and out top drawer striker that hopefully we can get. The Wigan boy is young too, so has time to get even better

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 06:51:39 PM »
Rodallega? He's s**t.

N'Zogbia is a winger and is quality, would be fantastic for us.

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 07:31:55 PM »
N'Zobbia.thats the one............winger  :-[ we have Aaron, so guess thats a non starter, unless he plays on the left as I think Bale will go

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 07:36:12 PM »
He plays on the left. Bale won't leave but N'Zogbia would be fantastic cover.

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 08:48:28 PM »
He plays on the left. Bale won't leave but N'Zogbia would be fantastic cover.
Sounds ideal to me then...........watched him a few times.......looks pretty awesome and if he gets the service from our guys would be even better..........time to dictate a letter to Mr Levy