SpursNetwork

CL Final - Could Have Gone Either Way

Offline THWH90

• In With The ITKs
    • http://www.spursnetwork.com
« on: May 24, 2007, 02:32:19 PM »
I thought last night Liverpool played with gr8 character and was surprised by how much they dominated... Gattuso and Ambrosini made little impact on the game at all and I thought Mashcherano was Liverpool's man of the match as he did he fantastic job in marking Kaka, who wasn't given any space at all. Also I was surprised how little Milan cheated; yes, Inzaghi was constantly moaning and Gattuso was always putting in the aggresive tackles and being unsporting, but I think if anyone was cheating it was the ref! Who for some reason gave many dicisions in Milans favour and didn't give many to Liverpool, which frustrated Liverpool (especially Kewel) a lot. Also he blew the full-time whistle @ 92:42, when Liverpool had 3 mins injury time, in which Milan had a player down for a minute inside the injury time too.

Both of Liverpool's goals that they conceeded were sloppy... The freekick was dodgy and had appeared to hit Inzaghi's arm! Also their 2nd goal was only because Kewel was injured... As Kaka found himself in lots of space (where Kewel should have been) on the right hand side and managed to thread a ball into the box, with a gr8 finish by Inzaghi.

I also thought Nesta had a terrific game, making plenty of impressive talkes and so Dida had little to do, thankfully for Milan. For Liverpool, as I mentioned earlier; Mascherano had a gr8 game but also did Pennant, who kept putting in the crosses and always got the better of Jankoulovski (if that's how you spell it).

If it would of gone to extra time, I think Milan would have been defeated as it was clear that they were outpaced in all areas of the field.

Also, I feel Liverpool dominated but didn't get many scoring opptunities because of Benitez's team selection; Kewel looked a threat but didn't have time to pose much danger as Zenden who did little was on for most of the match. Also Xabi Alanso, gave conceeded the freekick that led to the goal and didn't make much of an impact. Whereas Crouch I feel would have been more effective as Pennant was sending in plenty of crosses.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 02:33:38 PM by THWH90 »
Get Moussa Sissoko In Spurs!!!!

And come on City, break that bloomin' top 4!

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 02:46:35 PM »
Thanks for that post mate, i think i missed a good game there!

Some of us have to work, although it was at a pub, but a very busy pub at that!

Bit gutted really!
COYS!

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 03:02:00 PM »
They (Liverpool) bossed most of that game but couldnt find the goal they wanted. It was a great game but in the end Milan's excellence got them the victory.

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 08:30:53 PM »
Milan deserved it, they were more clinical. Liverpool were useless in front of goal, they lacked quality in the final 3rd. But you always knew if Milan had an opportunity they would take it.

Plus Milan would have had 3 goals, Kaka was no way offside, and he would have slotted the ball home.

Kuyt was offside for his goal. Kewell did sod all when he came on but dive all over the place. Liverpool's 2 wingers were way out of their depth.

It did hit inzaghi's arm but there was nothing he could do about it. Nothing lucky about it, he's a striker thats what he's suppose to do. Get into a position then score!

MILANO!!

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 09:41:14 PM »
Milan are a good team and strong and has I said earlier their excellence saw them through. Liverpool were lucky not be 3-0 down had the decision for Kaka not being offside I have said it once but there are no good refs thats why they give these dodgy decisions to teams which can prove costly.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 09:45:32 PM by Dj Frisky »

Offline ct5845

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 10:33:57 PM »
Milan were lucky to go 1-0 up! Liverpool clearly bossed the first half, and pennant made kaka look average. But saying that after first 10 minutes of second half liverpool just seemed to lose all potence. Looked like they were giving up to be honest. Why on earth they played zenden i don't know, he was terrible, kewell defintely made liverpool more dangerous as they had attacking options either side.

Again saying that when milan actually kicked into gear a few times there passing was amazing, and they looked extremly good, kaka for spurs! *daydreaming*