SpursNetwork

Spurs just agreed Pienaar fee

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Spurs just agreed Pienaar fee
« on: January 17, 2011, 09:18:29 PM »
it is what it is..... Permission now given for Spurs to agree terms with Pienaar... it is what it is..

I luv it when a plan comes together  :up:

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Spurs just agreed Pienaar fee
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 09:23:57 PM »
it is what it is..... Permission now given for Spurs to agree terms with Pienaar... it is what it is..

I luv it when a plan comes together  :up:

Old news annouced two hours ago on Monday Night club on 5Live, and apparentley Chelski were never in for him either it was just a rouse to force us to meet their £3million valuation !!!!

8D
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 09:30:17 PM »
I think Chelsea would have benefited more from him. Oh well. Even if we get him and he fails horribly, 3M is nothing in today's silly market.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 09:46:28 PM »
If the reported 3mill is correct thats good business even if he is to play just in the Carling Cup and warm the bench for a few seasons, not quite as good as what we paid for Niko but still awesome and am sure when we sell on we will make a profit or get the dosh back.

Has the wage deal been done yet?

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 09:48:07 PM »
cant see where he will fit in myself. Good squad player and thats it. Buy monkeys......... you get pieenaars..... 8D

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 09:51:31 PM »
cant see where he will fit in myself. Good squad player and thats it. Buy monkeys......... you get pieenaars..... 8D

The bench, the reserves and the Carling Cup starting 11..... but if he arrives in time he will benefit from training with old brand Beckham and maybe learn to walk on water too!

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 09:57:59 PM »

He can play on the left and right and through the middle...it gives us options...£3 million is a steal if he signs...i think hes a decent player who will fit into our system/way of playing.
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 10:05:58 PM »

He can play on the left and right and through the middle...it gives us options...£3 million is a steal if he signs...i think hes a decent player who will fit into our system/way of playing.

Any chance he can play left back too lol good price if he signs will have his uses for certain

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 11:15:15 PM »

Any chance he can play left back too lol good price if he signs will have his uses for certain

He's played at left back for Everton a couple of times !!!!

Very versatile player and good cover for a number of positions, will probably mean the end of Jenas !!!

;)

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 11:48:26 PM »
I hope he doesn't bring his God is Great t-shirts with him...
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 10:39:18 AM »
Pienaar's far more than cover.... will be used to perm 2 from 3 with Bale, Lennon for both flank positions.... he can also play as a 2nd striker..

great signing, a 10m player for 3m is good bizz...

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 12:43:21 PM »
According to the daily rags the reason we have tabled the 3 mill bid is due to Sunderland agreeing a 24mill deal for Bent which we scoop a bit due to a sell on clause making us sound skint of course we know thats not the case  ??? ???

But Villa 24 mill and 80k per week in wages for Bent WTF good luck!

Offline AuburnSpur

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 02:34:07 PM »
Pienaar's far more than cover.... will be used to perm 2 from 3 with Bale, Lennon for both flank positions.... he can also play as a 2nd striker..

great signing, a 10m player for 3m is good bizz...

I completely agree, which worries me.  Pienaar is better offensively than Palacios, better defensively (and offensively) than Jenas, and should push Hud to show whether he's unflappable or indifferent.  In other words, the guy is extremely versatile & (relatively speaking) dirt cheap = no-brainer/quality signing.

Offline patt

• The Real Martin Jol
  • Hero: Gazza
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 02:55:38 PM »
Pienaar really any better than Kranjcar? id rather please a already established player within the squad than bring in someone new who wont get a starting place...

i was in the understanding we already had a massive squad and were looking to trim it down?

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 03:05:32 PM »
He's faster than Kranjcar and better defensively. I don't know if I'd say he's a better player from an attacking standpoint though.

You're right though. We were supposedly trimming our squad down. It looks like they're trying, but I guess if Keane wants big wages at places like Birmingham it's going to be a problem. I wonder if we'll see any of our players go unexpectedly by the time the transfer window closes.