SpursNetwork

Spurs move for legend spanish club and national legend Raul

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
  • Season Ticket: No

Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly lining up a shock move for Real Madrid Raul. Raul, Spain's all-time top scorer with 44 goals  from 102 caps, he has three Champions League winners' medals sitting in his trophy cabinet.

In 16 years at Madrdid, Raúl has won the Primera División six times and is a three-time winner of the UEFA Champions League, having scored in the 2000 and 2002 finals. He has also long been the competition's all-time leading goal scorer. Since 1996, he has totalled 126 Champions League matches, netting a remarkable 66 goals. Furthermore Raúl is the all-time top goalscorer for the Spanish national side, with 44 goals in 102 appearances.

Raul has had a long career at Madrid on  more than 100k a year, he’s a wealthy man, he is not ready to retire and is looking  to go out on a high, I have no worries about this one, great move. Free transfer maybe a one year deal  with 1 yr option, we could offer him a contract with allot of bonuses, and  reduce the overall salary, I would spend 60-70k easy on wages for him, he is on  a free, and surely would be worth atleast 5m transfer fee, so we are still  saving 900k, he is a great player with bags of experience.
Who would you want Raul 60-70k
Bellamy 3-7m
Gudjohsen, around 2-3m??
Record goal-scorer for Real and Spain and no player has scored more Champions  league goals. This one really is a no brainer, anyone  thick enough to object to this one, really needs to be publicly flogged outside  the lane. His last season at Madrid was, quiet relative  to his high standards, but he did play allot of games of the bench, he is a big  player but they are a huge club, and had the likes of Ruud Van Nistelrooy, on the bench at times with him, don't forget there aren't many Tottenham players that would get a start for Madrid, definitely none of our strikers, despite Defoe being top quality, Raul is a legend, and has allot to offer Tottenham, in one of our most important seasons on our maiden CL voyage, and fight to stay in the top four.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_6272319,00.html?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Spurs move for legend spanish club and national legend Raul
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 03:01:31 PM »
To be honest, I don't understand why he would sign for us. I really have serious questions about his commitment and enthusiasm after all those years in Real Madrid.