SpursNetwork

Sepp Blatter gone

Offline Spursx

• Season Ticket: Yes
Sepp Blatter gone
« on: June 02, 2015, 07:31:41 PM »
Just heard that Sepp Blatter has resigned. Hopefully now FIFA can sort it corruption out and get back to actual football matters.!

Sadly it will take until December/ January to hold some sort of meeting to find a new replacement.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
Re: Sepp Blatter gone
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 04:36:41 PM »
I've been following this story since it broke. I am pleased the FBI and the Swiss police are investigating FIFA. The whole organisation is shady and the quicker he is gone the better it will be for football.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 10:11:57 PM »
I've been following this story since it broke. I am pleased the FBI and the Swiss police are investigating FIFA. The whole organisation is shady and the quicker he is gone the better it will be for football.

Yeah, pretty much. I'm hoping all the guilty parties get the book thrown at them. I still have a particular dislike of Jack Warner after comments he (and Chuck Blazer, who has already pled guilty) made about Canada after they won the Gold Cup in 2000. (Having a good memory - ya gotta love it :P )

I'm also hoping something is done about Qatar. A team that has never made the World Cup, with a poor human rights record with regards to migrant workers, with at least a thousand deaths on their watch, hosting the Cup? Yeah, not acceptable.  :tickedoff:

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 04:39:33 PM »

Yeah, pretty much. I'm hoping all the guilty parties get the book thrown at them. I still have a particular dislike of Jack Warner after comments he (and Chuck Blazer, who has already pled guilty) made about Canada after they won the Gold Cup in 2000. (Having a good memory - ya gotta love it :P )

I'm also hoping something is done about Qatar. A team that has never made the World Cup, with a poor human rights record with regards to migrant workers, with at least a thousand deaths on their watch, hosting the Cup? Yeah, not acceptable.  :tickedoff:

At the moment it seems a domino effect, every day something new comes and another one tumbles. Yesterday they traced Jack Warner's money through a money laundering system. The head of sport where he is from said on the radio he was furious and wants that money back so it can go where it should have gone; to the schools etc.

I wouldn't be surprised that if Blatter is directly implicated and there is no way out for him he might just try to top himself. He has said that FIFA is his life. Did you know he is paid £8 million a year in wages? Also; when he goes he will get a 10 million handshake. Plus all the kickbacks as well.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 07:29:48 PM »
I really look forward to more shady deals, particularly if it involves Blatter!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 04:12:19 PM »
I really look forward to more shady deals, particularly if it involves Blatter!

I am hoping that he ends up in jail. He was in charge for 15 years.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do