SpursNetwork

Turning a new leaf at SN

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Turning a new leaf at SN
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 06:56:30 PM »
Okay to a certain extent, just don't try so hard to find imaginary holes. Constructive feedback is all well and good.
I am not looking for imaginary holes but using my experience – running forums, being admin or mods on others – to try to help. I’ve been through this all before and I know the pitfalls and the problems than can occur. I am presuming the overall concern on here is getting new members; so a balance needs to be struck. If not then it will be easier, but smaller and “a friends” forum. Look at it this way; because I care that is why I am bothering to help or add my experience.

You said it is all down to interpretation. Rule 6 was just about promoting a healthy and friendly ethos, so I cannot see where the holes are in me saying that.  However, interpretation will always be a factor in the grey areas of rule 4 whereas rules 1 and 3 are very black and white.
But what is a “healthy and friendly ethos”? I see that as not abusing your fellow man, enjoying the forum and speaking to Spurs supporters. Which I have been doing.

My idea for rule 13, was because there are a few posters, who repeat themselves a bit. However, there are times when you need to make the point again, in another way, maybe to get it more clearly across. Hence the idea for the rule of 3.
I wouldn’t say “a few” but everybody at one time or another repeats themselves. I am also guilty of that. But if you are on one section and somebody replies to you then ok. In another section a similar response is needed. Not everybody goes in every section. In fact when I have repeated myself usually the same person has said or asked me the same question in another section. I’ve only been polite and replied to that question.

So what did I say that would bar hell a lot of spurs fans? What do you mean exactly?
People go on forums for different reasons; discuss, occasional repeat things, debate, a laugh etc. If you make things too draconian people will leave. As I have said (and I repeat because you’ve asked me the question) if you look at other forums – in particularly Spurs forums – you will see strong debates, discussions, arguments all said with passion and love. Of course none of that should be reason enough to use bad language or abuse your fellow man. You may say you don’t want that; fair enough, but you can’t expect people to join this forum. What I’ve gathered by the responses and what was said on the other section was that you want a friendly, homely forum without debate, certain length replies, no disagreements; that is fine, but will limit who you have on this forum. I looked up this forums membership; over 5,000 members but only a handful of members actually reply. I joined in October when there was even less replying. Something has happened to stop people coming on here, while other Spurs forums – the ones I’ve seen – are thriving. As I said; it is what you and the admin want. I will bow to the forum rules.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 09:20:58 PM »
I do not intend to leave this forum but, voice, perhaps you could let me know which other forums are availabe?

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 09:54:20 PM »
Links to other forums(spurs) are not allowed on the forum. Please keep that to PM please.
Cheers

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 05:02:19 PM »
I do not intend to leave this forum but, voice, perhaps you could let me know which other forums are availabe?

I don't wish to break any rules on here - even though it was suggested I could use a PM - but I will say how I found this forum. I put in certain words in the search engine it came up with certain suggestions, shall we say.

I must say that  even though there are a lot of forums out there this one seemed more attractive (in the way it presented itself) and there were good discussions on here. That was what attracted me. I am not suggesting that other forums didn't have discussions/ debates but this one was more manageable.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 11:35:01 PM »
Links to other forums(spurs) are not allowed on the forum. Please keep that to PM please.
Cheers

No worries, just curious. Is this in the rules?

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 06:42:00 AM »
No I guess not. It should be tho, as its kinda free adverting.

So it kind of a request, I wouldn't like links on here to other Spurs Forums as Traffic could go there.

Im sure if we put are name on a different forum, it would be taken down buy there own admin/mods.

Same would happen here.

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 04:09:16 PM »
No I guess not. It should be tho, as its kinda free adverting.

So it kind of a request, I wouldn't like links on here to other Spurs Forums as Traffic could go there.

Im sure if we put are name on a different forum, it would be taken down buy there own admin/mods.

Same would happen here.

When I checked the rules it said no advertising of other forums. Unless I am going blind. :grin:

Anyway, whatever it does say or doesn't it wouldn't be respectful.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2013, 06:35:20 AM »
Ah ok I haven't read the rules for a long time  :hide: :D

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 05:07:38 PM »
Ah ok I haven't read the rules for a long time  :hide: :D

Thanks God for that! With that and getting the word game muddled up I thought it wouldn't be long before the men in white coats started coming.... but then again... maybe they are already here :hide: :dance: ;)
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do