SpursNetwork

New Stadium: opening on time or not?

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« on: June 05, 2018, 05:05:28 PM »

The new stadium is coming on well. It is predicted that it will be on schedule. They’ve got the beer suppliers, catering staff and other bits and bobs all lined up, like ducks in a row. Most of what is left is the cosmetic surgery (yes, some building work is still going on), but basically it will be open, as it says on the tin.

There will be a few tester dates for selective fans (probably about 30,000), followed by a near capacity stadium. This is for a safety ticket and making sure that everything is running smoothly when the full-grown spectacle is fit for the hordes of Tottenham Hotspur supporters and the away fans.

I know that to some people’s eyes it looks like a war zone, but trust me, it is not as bad as it seems. I’ve had a tour around the stadium and I could exactly see what is what and I was not only happy, but impressed. They are working around the clock to get it all shipshape.  Of course, you can’t give out 100% guarantee, but it is near enough.

The first month of games should be played away and then home matches start in September.

Concourses, toilets, restaurants and bars inside the ground are nearly finished. Spurs recently announced a partnership with a Tottenham-based Beavertown Brewery, they will be the official craft beer supplier at our new stadium. That alone has tickled those that appreciate the more exceptional beers of the world.

We will have a microbrewery inside the ground, this will be a world first for any football club.

The club is currently working with investors at the four vital local stations (White Hart Lane, Seven Sisters, Northumberland Park and Tottenham Hale) to ensure advancements to them are completed as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Shuttle buses will be in place for the clubs first match to help manage any issues caused by work not completed at the stations.

On the day that we open a funfair atmosphere will be held around the stadium with special events to get people in the mood for the big official opening.  This will be one of the greatest days in Spurs history and everything possible will be done to make that day a historical and memorable day. Of course, the result will add to that day (provided it is the right result and we leave the auditorium with a bang, not a whimper).

So there you have it. No need to panic Mr Mannering as everything is on schedule. I’ve seen stadiums that looked a lot worse than Tottenham’s stadium with only a few months to go and actually gets completed and shipshape for the hoards to come marching down and marching back up the hill with a good time had by all. Spurs ground is going to be something special.

One other thing I should mention. The Spurs Jumbo shop, which will be the biggest in Europe (for a football club) will be ready – hopefully, that is – before the stadium opens.

If you want more information, please ask as I am kept up to date with what is what and where it goes… and it always goes somewhere.

It is not long now… but first the Spurs boys to impress in the world cup. Don’t you just love our club and everything that goes with it? There are a lot of football clubs in the world with boring names to go with them, but there is only one Tottenham Hotspur FC, also known at the magical Lilywhites or Spurs.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: New Stadium: opening on time or not?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 09:26:41 PM »
Pity that we may not be able to start th season in our new stadium but hey!

More to the point at the moment. Is Toby going and is Martial coming?

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: New Stadium: opening on time or not?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 05:35:32 PM »
Pity that we may not be able to start th season in our new stadium but hey!

More to the point at the moment. Is Toby going and is Martial coming?

I think we will open this season.

As for Toby; I can't see him staying and we've got a good squad without him. As for Martial, well, he wants to leave and likes Pochettino. They could swap both players.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.