SpursNetwork

Spurs 2 Watford 0

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Spurs 2 Watford 0
« on: May 02, 2018, 05:58:25 PM »
Spurs 2 Watford 0

We won in a poor performance by us last night. Watching the match we certainly didn’t show quality. After the second goal went in we picked up and started to play well, but quickly fell back to a lethargic performance.

There were many times That Watford could have scored and to our luck didn’t quite manage it. We need to buck our ideas up if we want to finish in third position. We are now five points ahead of Chelsea, but more significantly only 1 point behind Liverpool with a game in hand. Our performance didn’t give us or show us confidence for our next match, WBA.

We need to beat Albion and beat them well. Yes, they have suddenly started stringing results together but we must show our superiority and win comfortably. If we want to be regarded as a top-four club then we need to beat teams like WBA, Newcastle United and Leicester City.

To the match: Mauricio Pochettino praised the "massive" win as we move closer to securing qualification for next season's Champions League. Goals from Dele Alli and Harry Kane gave us a scrappy victory last night that took us five points clear of Chelsea with only three matches to play.

We capitalised on an error from Hornets goalkeeper Orestis Karnezis as Christian Eriksen set up Alli to score from 12 yards out. Kane doubled our lead early in the second half from Kieran Trippier's pull-back and Jan Vertonghen later headed against the post.

Hugo Lloris denied Andre Gray and Richarlison, with the Brazilian also shooting over from six yards out. After criticism from fans and press alike for recent errors, the man did well last night.

As for the visitors, they still not guaranteed Premier League safety and this defeat extended their winless run to seven matches.

This weekend's important matches are WBA v Spurs, Brighton v United and Chelsea v Liverpool. The Chelsea/ Liverpool win is interesting, a draw would probably be ideal, but also a win either way will help us, that is providing we beat WBA.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.