SpursNetwork

Summer transfer window - conclusions

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Summer transfer window - conclusions
« on: September 02, 2015, 02:28:24 PM »

So, another party's over and what have we learned? We've managed to sell the deadwood and brought in replacements for them: Alderweireld and Wimmer for Kaboul and Chiriches, N'Jié for Soldado, Son for Lennon (?), Alli for Stambouli, we've also added Trippier and promoted some younger players to come in for the likes of Capoue and Paulinho. But, what really pains me, is that we didn't buy a proper striker to cover and, when needed, replace Harry Kane. For some reason we still have Adebayor, but the odds of him getting a shirt number and a way back into the first team are lower than Sunderland winning the league.

The fact is we needed a big name who would have brought experience and flair, and we failed.

The positive thing is that we've managed to retain the likes of Lloris, Vertonghen, Eriksen and Kane, but we all know they could be walking into any team in the league, and definitely a more ambitious team. If I were them I would seriously consider my options.

I don't want to be all gloom and doom and say that we'll be destined for relegation or any of that, but I can't see us adding to our trophy cabinet either. Yes, we are a team in transition, but this transition can turn into regression when there's no ambition.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 04:48:16 PM by RiffHard »

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Summer transfer window - conclusions
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 04:08:34 PM »
I can't argue with much of what you said, but I disagree about silverware. Silverware is about the luck of the draw. We now hope that the team we have got will perform and knit well together so that they can challenge for top honours. And before you say it; pigs might fly (Ars*nal do, so anything is possible :lol:)
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 04:56:03 PM »
I feel a lot more comfortable now that I felt towards the end of last season as long as we start winning games! I don't think this window was as bad as that. Sure, we should have signed a recognised striker and we tried.

As said above the dead wood is gone and better players have come in.

I wonder if Ade will get a shirt number?  :2funny:

Offline Spursx

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 08:02:19 PM »
My conclusions is that I am not very happy. We didn't get the players we wanted and this could be all the difference between a top six spot and a top four spot. I just hope that Levy knows what he is doing.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 11:15:50 PM »
My conclusions is that I am not very happy. We didn't get the players we wanted and this could be all the difference between a top six spot and a top four spot. I just hope that Levy knows what he is doing.

Can we really blame everything on Levy?

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 04:56:33 PM »

Can we really blame everything on Levy?

No. In the case of the WBA striker and being criticised by their director. Levy has come out and says they never named anybody and it was there director that unsettled their own player by mentioning it.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 01:21:47 PM »
I am disappointed that we didn’t get another two players. Let us see how those we have got work together and perform. Can’t wait until next week. Should be a good game against Sunderland. But they won’t be a pushover.
 :up: :up: :up: :dance: :dance: :dance: