Tottenham
____

v
____

Gent

Europa League last 32 2nd leg - 23rd Feb  - KO 20:05  - Ground: Wembley

TV: BT Sport | Live Feed | Make Prediction

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Gent
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 07:04:55 AM »
We were the better side by far. Dominated the entire game. What went wrong ? Well, Eric Dier for a start. Surely his extended run in the side must be over. He wanders around aimlessly, gets caught out of position, and gets beat in the air.
We let in 2 crazy goals, Deli has a brainstorm, and as always, we create 10 chances for every goal that we score. All in all we were found out once more by a very ordinary team, who's manager even said Spurs deserved to win the game. Guess what, no points for what you deserve. We now know exactly how good we are. Despite Walker tormenting their defence all night, he hardly produced 1 final ball of note (as usual) Dembele as always was majestic, if only he were a striker. Kane once more seemed out of sorts. Deli Ali was having another poor game, which he knew, and this contributed to his loss of temper. Brief improvement when Son came on, but where was Sissoko ?? waste of 30 mill, along with Jansen. What was the point of bringing him on for 3 minutes when he hasn't scored a goal all season.
Poch has to get shot of Sissoko NKdou Dier Lamela Jansen and bring in some QUALITY replacements, or we are in a mess going forwards. 1 win in our last 8 games at Wembley does not bode well for next season. If we do not get our act together soon, we will be in danger of losing those quality players that we do still have.
On the flip side, no more Thursday night crap.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Tottenham v Gent
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 02:46:42 PM »

Well, we are out of the Europa and Champions league competition. Was it Wembley or that we weren’t just good enough. To blame Wembley would be wrong as they are professionals. The fact is we weren’t good enough. Our squad – overall – weak. If we had all our players fully fit then we’ve got a good team, but a team can’t survive on just 11 players. Now we move on and face Stoke, a must win match. We are also in the FA Cup. However, we shall be judged at the end of the season.
Ten-man Tottenham Hotspur were knocked out of the Europa League as Gent held them to a draw at a sell-out Wembley. We trailed 1-0 after the first leg of the last-32 tie, made a great start as Christian Eriksen slipped an angled shot under Gent keeper Lovre Kalinic. The visitors equalised through Harry Kane's own goal, leaving us needing to score twice more in front of a Europa League record attendance of 80,465. Our task became harder when midfielder Dele Alli was sent off shortly before half-time for a dangerous and stupid high tackle. Wanyama's curler into the top-left corner revived Spurs' hopes, only for substitute Jeremy Perbet to prod Gent into the last 16 with fewer than 10 minutes left.
Our elimination means they have only reached the Europa League quarter-finals once in the past six seasons.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.