SpursNetwork

Whats Happened to Our Great Forum

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Whats Happened to Our Great Forum
« on: October 24, 2013, 08:55:27 PM »
Guys, really sad to see what was a great THFC forum with many characters and passionate Spurs supporters decline as it has over recent weeks.

Here we are 2 months into what is proving to be a very exciting season after our biggest transfer season ever and the forum is quiet!

Can anyone shed any light as to why so many of the old hands have gone?

We used to have some many good discussions and shared opinions.

Biggs, Riff and Southend I am willing to help you guys as much as I can promote the forum, want Spursnetwork to grow as it deserves!

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Whats Happened to Our Great Forum
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 05:53:16 AM »
The younger guys who first started this site, have I guessed grown up and moved on.
Funny enough we all have life's away from a computer, me included which I work silly hours all the times.

Back in 2007 there was hardly any Facebook activity and such other sites.

I actually like it as a small group of members/fans of are own board.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 08:29:18 AM »
The past few months have been very busy for me as well. Work, and other 'real life' activities take most of my time and I haven't even had much time to follow football. I think I didn't log in for two weeks at all.   

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 04:20:13 PM »
Guys, really sad to see what was a great THFC forum with many characters and passionate Spurs supporters decline as it has over recent weeks.

Here we are 2 months into what is proving to be a very exciting season after our biggest transfer season ever and the forum is quiet!

Can anyone shed any light as to why so many of the old hands have gone?

We used to have some many good discussions and shared opinions.

Biggs, Riff and Southend I am willing to help you guys as much as I can promote the forum, want Spursnetwork to grow as it deserves!

I second that. When I go to Spurs matches I mention this forum. Suggesting that people should join.

I try to do my part and come in everyday and add my two pennies worth. When people look in they want to see activity and different topics or at least lively discussions.

From my experience of forums; you get highs and lows. But, yes, this is a good forum.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 04:23:17 PM »
The younger guys who first started this site, have I guessed grown up and moved on.
Funny enough we all have life's away from a computer, me included which I work silly hours all the times.

Back in 2007 there was hardly any Facebook activity and such other sites.

I actually like it as a small group of members/fans of are own board.

I agree with you about a 'small group,' but that has troubles of its own. People come in and see the same people or on occasions nobody on here and they stop coming. All forums need new blood; both in topics and members. You need a balance, and getting that right is the real issue.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 07:26:03 AM »
I'v been looking for a while for new people to add to the team... because it honestly get to much for basically, Me, Southend & Riff...

I'm glad that you guys are showing some interest.

I'll try and sort something out soon

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 08:41:40 PM »
This is a good Forum with good guys in it and although I have been quiet of late,  I always read all the comments but I don't always have something to say unless it matters, (well at least I think it matters).

I am still waiting for us to gel and that will be sooner rather than later, I hope.  The great expectations at the beginning of the season haven't yet materialised and I will only feel better when they do.

I will admit that the 2-0 loss to the spammers did leave a bad taste! Didn't feel much like talking!

:hide:

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 12:23:45 PM »
I will admit that the 2-0 loss to the spammers did leave a bad taste! Didn't feel much like talking!
You probably left before the final whistle as we lost 0:3.  :lol:

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 09:04:18 PM »
True it was 3.  2 was bad enough, 3 was an insult!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 06:38:17 PM »
I still read the comments but I find that every topic is hijacked by one person who I won't name and then I lose interest because his views are so narrow minded and blinkered trying to put your point across becomes at best tedious !!!!

:'(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 05:10:38 PM »
I still read the comments but I find that every topic is hijacked by one person who I won't name and then I lose interest because his views are so narrow minded and blinkered trying to put your point across becomes at best tedious !!!!

:'(

You see the problem as me (narrow-mindedness), it isn’t. I write on other Spurs forums that welcome my views and are not seen as ‘narrow-mindedness,’ on the contrary my views are shared by the majority. In fact so-much-so that I’ve been asked to write weekly articles (which I do) and they get published throughout the world through apps (you probably read some, not knowing it is me and probably agreeing with what I said). I’ve also been asked to write articles for this forum (but not just me; others. Even you could play the same part to help this forum).What this forum needs, as others need, is more people who are willingly prepared to come on here every day and espouse their views (agreed with or not). Different views and different characters.  If you don’t agree then voice your opinions; as others do in other forums. The problem isn’t me, but those that don’t bother contributing on here. That is the problem.
When I joined there wasn’t that many posting; which causes problems in itself; because people don’t have anybody to respond to or criticise they leave. If I left you wouldn’t get a flood of people joining, but those that do post will eventually disappear. Since I joined that other forum other members have joined (not because of me, I might add) and more creates greater interest. That is the essence of forums; differences.
Baldbloke writes on that forum I mentioned; his views are not appreciated by all; but he is creating debate and more and more have challenged him. Which creates an interesting forum. Where this forum banned him, others welcome his controversial views. If it was as simple as one person’s ‘narrow mindedness’ then that could be easily solved.
If you think somebody is narrow minded then challenge them. What is that person saying that you disagree with? That is what is happening on other Spurs sites and they are flourishing.
To quote Aristotle:  “To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”
Oscar Wilde said “There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.” In forum life; that is a necessity; otherwise death.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 07:50:28 PM »
Spot on Voice. I always read your posts and although I may not agree with some of them, They are always interesting, so keep them coming!

:up:

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 07:59:46 PM »
Spot on Voice. I always read your posts and although I may not agree with some of them, They are always interesting, so keep them coming!

:up:

Thank you for your positive words.

We can't all agree with each other; but what we can do is respect others right to be different. I don't agree with ugs or others all the time; but what I will do is fight for them to be able to voice their opinions or even be critical.

I am pleased that ugs was critical (and rightly so; it is a free forum) and that I have been given the chance to reply.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 10:49:21 PM »
For your info Baldbloke isn't banned, just all he posts have to be approved before everybody see's them.
This come about after one day he was posting the same topic many of times and did have serval warning before action was taken.

Anyways club football is back this weekend :)

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 11:18:40 AM »
Oh God, here we go again.  >:(