SpursNetwork

Review Spurs v Liecester City, last game of the season.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Review Spurs v Liecester City, last game of the season.
« on: May 12, 2018, 05:44:17 PM »
Review: Spurs v Leicester City in the last game of the season. Tomorrow at 3pm.

Tomorrow we go back to Wembley for the last time to not only say goodbye to our temporary home, but to try to cement our third place position. The supporters will also be given a chance to recognise and thank the players for their efforts over the season. And we can say cheerio to the friends we’ve made and thank the staff for the way they’ve treated us (I speak as a Premium member); making us feel welcome.
Leicester have had an up and down season and if they should win (hope not) and Everton lose then they will go eighth. So we are both fighting for something, plus pride. In Leicester City’s last home game they beat Ars*nal 3-1, denting Wenger’s going memories. But we have home advantage and remember that we’ve only been beaten twice at home in the league (Chelsea & City).

But it is our team we should be concentrating on. After an upheaval season with plenty of surprises thrown in, we’ve finally got a chance to finish third, which wouldn’t be bad considering we haven’t had a home match for a whole season. That is including playing Champions League football, where nobody gave us a dogs chance. But it isn’t just about third, and the bonuses the players will get, it is also about pride, intent and their own positions. Pochettino will be looking over the team assessing them to see who will go, who will be relegated to squad work and what players he will need to challenge for silverware.

After tomorrow’s game it will be a long break, with a World cup thrown in and England’s predictable exit and the fans disappointment, and then the friendlies and the wait for the Premier League to start. But 2018/19 season won’t be any old season but a season where we begin to build for a new future in our new 62,000 seater stadium. A new dawn will open up for us.

Spurs are going back home… remember the season: 2018/ 19.

Team news for tomorrow.

TEAM NEWS
Tottenham's Serge Aurier, Mousa Dembele, Kieran Trippier and Victor Wanyama all face fitness tests.
Eric Dier returns after missing the win over Newcastle through illness, but Harry Winks remains unavailable.

Leicester are still without Ben Chilwell, Robert Huth, Daniel Amartey, Vicente Iborra, Wilfred Ndidi, Matty James and Shinji Okazaki.
Danny Simpson and Kasper Schmeichel could also miss out, and Marc Albrighton is suspended.

I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.