« on: June 26, 2015, 01:33:53 PM »
Paulinho off to China for 17 mill + 90 k a week  :D :D :D

Someone wake me up I must be dreaming lol

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Paulinho
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 02:00:33 PM »
So far just a rumour, but definitely a good one.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 04:15:33 PM »
I also believe that Watford came in for him, but he rejected it. But it does look like he will be off soon.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 08:01:32 PM »
I thought when we got him he would be a great player for us! how wrong I was, another player who just cant cope with the speed of the EPL, for a  Brazilian player he was made to look average at best!, glad to see him go aswell :up:
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 04:38:12 PM »
I thought when we got him he would be a great player for us! how wrong I was, another player who just cant cope with the speed of the EPL, for a  Brazilian player he was made to look average at best!, glad to see him go aswell :up:

He had some great or good moment, but yes, he should be replaced. That is with the right player.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 05:55:39 PM »
To be fair most Brazilians struggle with the physical side of the EPL, he showed some glimpses of brilliance but would also go missing for games at a time.

Good deal for us if it goes through and good luck to him.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 07:53:22 AM »
The main worry we have is all the top 4 teams are replacing players with real quality, there are plenty of rumors as usual for us but nothing real concrete! on Sky sports news today they are saying we are letting record signing Lamela go aswell so we will have to bring in another Central midfielder aswell, when a wide man is priority.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 12:28:42 PM »
The main worry we have is all the top 4 teams are replacing players with real quality, there are plenty of rumors as usual for us but nothing real concrete! on Sky sports news today they are saying we are letting record signing Lamela go aswell so we will have to bring in another Central midfielder aswell, when a wide man is priority.

That's exactly our problem every year now it seems. The top 4 get the cream of the crop, we get what's left

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 09:08:13 PM »
According to the Chinese the deal is done. Nothing on our official site, though.

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 07:54:33 AM »

That's exactly our problem every year now it seems. The top 4 get the cream of the crop, we get what's left

And that is why we fail!, we always seem to be a few steps behind, we have a good youth policy which is good but we dont  have a team which I can say" blimey we going to be right up there this year", we dont have many real special players!, Kane was brilliant last year so the test will now be for him to prove he wasnt a one season wonder!, Paulinho was supposed to be a world class superstar, that never happened, we have Erikssen in midfield but after that we fall well well short!, Liverpool have brought in some very good players this year and are going to be a real threat again, we need to be very ambitious in players we bring in from now on!.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 04:14:33 PM »

And that is why we fail!, we always seem to be a few steps behind, we have a good youth policy which is good but we dont  have a team which I can say" blimey we going to be right up there this year", we dont have many real special players!, Kane was brilliant last year so the test will now be for him to prove he wasnt a one season wonder!, Paulinho was supposed to be a world class superstar, that never happened, we have Erikssen in midfield but after that we fall well well short!, Liverpool have brought in some very good players this year and are going to be a real threat again, we need to be very ambitious in players we bring in from now on!.
Our main problem is that Mr.Knowitall Levy doesn't usually buy until the last couple of days of the transfer window.  He thinks that just because a player is good on Fifa 15 or Football manager they will be great at the Lane but it doesn't work like that and then he nearly always buys s**t players proving he knows f**k all about football.
Levy and Lewis need to go and real football people need to replace them.
Spurs will NEVER move forward under the current ownership.
#stagnant #6thplace #levyout

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 06:45:56 AM »
The deal has been confirmed.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 01:11:14 PM »

Our main problem is that Mr.Knowitall Levy doesn't usually buy until the last couple of days of the transfer window.  He thinks that just because a player is good on Fifa 15 or Football manager they will be great at the Lane but it doesn't work like that and then he nearly always buys s**t players proving he knows f**k all about football.
Levy and Lewis need to go and real football people need to replace them.
Spurs will NEVER move forward under the current ownership.
#stagnant #6thplace #levyout

Well Levy is apparently on his way to Spain to sort the Alderwereild deal, so maybe things are a changing !

Offline Spursx

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 05:50:38 PM »
Paulinho was a good player, but in spurts. I meet him once and he was very friendly, a very likeable person.

Offline Don

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2015, 06:21:08 PM »
I watched him play in the world cup in Brazil and he certainly didn't play that well. For Tottenham it wasn't also that impressive. Going to a Chinese team has shown his position fallen even further.

Don