SpursNetwork

January Transfer Window

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
January Transfer Window
« on: January 06, 2016, 11:01:30 PM »
Well the window is open...

Discuss any rumours/Transfers/Thoughts here.

I don't think we'll sign anybody, I still think another forward needs it be brang in. Just incase Kane got injured or something on the lines on that.

Window shuts at Feb 1st 23.00.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
Re: January Transfer Window
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 04:30:05 PM »
According to the press we won't or shouldn't sign Saido Berahino because he could end up disrupting Spurs team spirit with his attitude (i.e. would he be prepared to sit on the bench while Kane is playing well?).

I think we still want a striker, but we won't sign for the sake of it. I hope we do sign another striker.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Spursx

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 06:35:47 PM »
If we are going to sustain our top four challenge we need another striker. But I do agree with Southend Yid, that I think it is unlikely we will get another striker. But we can only hope.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 10:42:14 PM »
There are rumours about a central defender from marseilles. Strange! and a young midfielder. Strange again! but rumours of a striker? No. Even more strange.!

With 3 weeks to go, I think we will sign somebody, hopefully a striker other than Berahino, but probably not until the last minute.

Offline StartingPrice

• Mark my words...summits gonna happen!
  • Hero: Mabbs
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 03:52:34 AM »
There are rumours about a central defender from marseilles. Strange! and a young midfielder. Strange again! but rumours of a striker? No. Even more strange.!

With 3 weeks to go, I think we will sign somebody, hopefully a striker other than Berahino, but probably not until the last minute.

The young midfielder is from Ebbsfleet, had a trial with us a while back and, I believe went to the American tournament.

Poch has included Harrison in the 1st team environment a bit, hasn't he? Maybe he feels he will be able to cover Kane if needed.

I have to be honest, and I know this goes against the grain a bit, but Poch has gone on record as absolutely not wanting anyone who doesn't fit his fairly specific requirements - we could have had Charlie Austin in the summer, apparently, but Poch rejected the idea. It wasn't because he is a poor player, or wouldn't score goals or anything, just that he doesn't match the technical requirements the Head coach wants. Having a player in who the manager/head coach is reluctant to play, rarely gets game time, knows he's on borrowed time, feels he isn't getting a fair crack, etc.,  can cause a bad atmosphere - and team-spirit is something we have in shed loads ATM. Pochettino rates that attribute very highly. Speaking recently he stated this again and reiterated that we have Son and Chadli who he feels can cover for Kane if needed. Given how well Dier has adjusted to central midfield, and how many slated Poch for doing it before seeing how it turned out, I feel that he has done enough to earn our trust. That said, I would prefer proper cover to arrive...just so long as it is 'proper' cover that has been sourced and analysed by the club (Mitchell in his top secret dark room), and not some stop-gap that no-one is happy with and isn't happy being there.

COYS
If you can't change the World, change yourself...and if you can't change yourself, then, change the World.

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 08:31:15 PM »
Spot on as far as some players not fitting in and Charlie Austin is one of them as is Berahino. We have to admire Poc for bringing in this bond into the team.

Dier and Ali are probbaly the 2 players that have a the brightest  future with us or wherever else they go for that matter
Lamela gets better every time seem him play
Both our central defenders are first class
Lloris is brilliant
Rose is, imo, a far better player than Davies will ever be
Son is settling down very well indeed
Eriksen can have some poor games but still remains one of our best players
What can I say about Kane that hasn't already been said
It just leaves Walker who still needs to grow up. imo.

I mentioned a striker in my last post, but do we really need to add anyone else this moth?

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 04:55:59 PM »

I mentioned a striker in my last post, but do we really need to add anyone else this moth?

What happens if Kane get injured? Or we have a few injuries.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 02:42:31 PM »

There are others who can score and it would be good to see what Son or Lamela could do upfront if that happened!

(We could always ask free agent Adebayor to fill the gap!  :2funny:)

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 10:47:40 AM »
I think yesterdays game highlights our shortcomings when certain key players are missing, such as Verthonghen, Delli Ali, Dembelle and Kane.
Personally I am not totally happy with any of the fullbacks, though Rose and Walker get the vote as it stands. Carroll, Bentaleb, Mason struggle at top level. Lamela I just cannot see him ever living up to his transfer fee. Son is rather like Eriksen, very talented but fades in games.
I will repeat what I have thought all season. We need a pacy winger who can deliver a decent final ball,  and another striker. We are continually stuggling to score against teams that have an organised defence. Otherwise I unfortunately see Chelsea overhauling us before the end of the season, as a lack of goals is starting to cause us problems in almost every game.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 12:56:09 PM »

There are others who can score and it would be good to see what Son or Lamela could do upfront if that happened!

I think we saw what Son can do up front on his own against Leicester, not very much unfortunately.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 04:00:55 PM »

I think we saw what Son can do up front on his own against Leicester, not very much unfortunately.

There were games that Kane didn't do much either. And don't forget that Son has scored for us in the past.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 04:03:34 PM »
Not really Transfer news, but still some good news. Alli has signed a new deal until 2021.

p.s Stop quoting every post when replaying, it looks so untidy. :hide: :P

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 04:05:42 PM »
It seems that Saido Berahino wants to come to Spurs, rejecting all other requests that come in for him. There has been some question marks over him in the last couple of months, but I think he is worth the chance.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 05:10:46 PM »
Not really Transfer news, but still some good news. Alli has signed a new deal until 2021.

p.s Stop quoting every post when replaying, it looks so untidy. :hide: :P

Yes, brilliant news. He is such a talent. To go straight into the main team shows how talented he is.

As for Saido Berahino, I am not sure about him and I wonder if Spurs are questioning his mental state, after his up and down season after the Summer Transfer window hostility between us and WBA. He wants to leave and he wants to come to us, according to the press. But if he does come he won't be playing in every game.

Jane x

Offline RSS61

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 08:07:53 AM »
Yes, brilliant news. He is such a talent. To go straight into the main team shows how talented he is.

As for Saido Berahino, I am not sure about him and I wonder if Spurs are questioning his mental state, after his up and down season after the Summer Transfer window hostility between us and WBA. He wants to leave and he wants to come to us, according to the press. But if he does come he won't be playing in every game.

Jane x

[/quote]

I think that if he was coming to us, then we would have done the deal by now. There are probably unresolved issues, and frankly I am not bothered if we don't get him. He is probably more trouble than he is worth, and definitely overpriced.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 08:11:02 AM by RSS61 »