SpursNetwork

Clinton Njie to sign for Spurs.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Clinton Njie to sign for Spurs.
« on: August 12, 2015, 04:22:49 PM »
According to the press, Lyon have accept Spurs’ €14m transfer bid for Clinton Njie. Njie is 21 and has played for his country. He  can play through the middle or on the flanks and the Cameroon star’s pace is his biggest strength.
Also – according to the press – Spurs are still in for another striker and maybe another midfield player. This will also mean that a few more Spurs exits are also due.

He has either in this country or is on his way for a medical. Some reports even say he could play on Saturday or a sub.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
Re: Clinton Njie to sign for Spurs.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 07:13:22 PM »
I've read this and I've actually seen him play and I think he is a good young talent. So let us hope the press is correct and we will shortly be signing him.

I am delighted that the football season has started but a bit worried with the lack of fire power, so far.

Offline Spursx

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 07:30:09 PM »
I am not sure on this player Jane, I've seen him on TV and the question is could he handle Premier League football? He is only 21 and not all foreign players fit into our league. I'll keep my mind open on this one. But I do agree we need more firepower up front.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 07:36:54 PM »
I am not sure on this player Jane, I've seen him on TV and the question is could he handle Premier League football? He is only 21 and not all foreign players fit into our league. I'll keep my mind open on this one. But I do agree we need more firepower up front.
You could say that about any player that comes to a new ground.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 09:11:32 PM »
He can play as a striker or winger and has pace which we desperately need, I agree with Jane we lack fire power upfront and one signing is not enough!
 ???
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 11:15:52 PM »
He can play as a striker or winger and has pace which we desperately need, I agree with Jane we lack fire power upfront and one signing is not enough!
 ???

We will sign a couple more, possibly Berahino (spelling!) and one other as someone has just mentioned. Snag is that there are no big names, all youngsters!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 04:42:25 PM »
 ???

We will sign a couple more, possibly Berahino (spelling!) and one other as someone has just mentioned. Snag is that there are no big names, all youngsters!

The big names are those playing in the main team, others are just supplements.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 05:11:38 PM »
According to the Spurs press conference Pochettino said that we only want one more striker. The question is, is Clinton Njie that striker? As he can play on both the wings, including playing in the striker position. If he is looked upon as a winger then Spurs could be in for another striker and their are two suggestions that have been floating around; Berahino & Javier Hernandez. But would United sell Javier to a club that is challenging them? The latest reports on Berahino is that WBA are valuing their striker too high (£25 million). So at this precise time it is anybody's guess.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 11:31:11 AM »
I read that this is done deal, other that work permit. There are pictures of him on the Sky Sports site wearing our shirt.

I have spoken to friends in France who told me that he is a good buy. Talented and Pacey.

Apparently he is 22 today, so:

:welcome:

and

:birthday:

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 04:26:43 PM »
I read that this is done deal, other that work permit. There are pictures of him on the Sky Sports site wearing our shirt.

I have spoken to friends in France who told me that he is a good buy. Talented and Pacey.

Apparently he is 22 today, so:

:welcome:

and

:birthday:

He was at WHL on Saturday and he got a good reception. Ars*nal tried to come in at the last minute for him, but he rejected their offer.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 09:51:20 AM »
I've just read that he won't be starting any time soon as he needs to fit into our system and only then will he be picked. Therefore there is an even greater emergency to get another striker as soon as possible. If Kane isn't fit then there must be doubts over him starting against Leicester City this Saturday.

Jane x

Offline Don

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 01:48:43 PM »
Howdy,

Don’t know much about this player other than what I’ve read in the papers. But according to what has been written and said here he won’t be starting any day soon as he has to fit into the managers style of play, plus he has to also replace one of the current team to get a chance. Again, the youngsters we have are more about competing in the future and challenging for top honours. A top 4 place must be at the top of Spurs thoughts, before anything else. The money that that could generation will help to put bums on seats and gives us more revenue to compete with the likes of Chelsea, City and Ars*nal.

I’ve seen the designs of the new stadium on Spurs web site and they look very modern and has the image to play a part in our great history. I am not sure about allowing American Grid iron football though. But I suppose it is all about making money nowadays. As my kids keep saying, the past has gone and a new era is what it is about, not looking backwards and crying over what was. Yes, it is hard for us old duffers to accept, but accept it we must. So come on your Spurs and let’s go!
 :up:

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 04:38:08 PM »
If Kanes not fit we stuffed as the new lad is the only other striker we have available ???
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2015, 06:54:32 PM »
If Kanes not fit we stuffed as the new lad is the only other striker we have available ???

And according to Pochettino he won't be ready for a while. That is why it is important that we get another striker. 
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Don

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 02:46:56 PM »
Howdy again, a lot to reply to. Nice to see a busy forum and fans chatting amongst each other freely. Never had anything like this in my day. Just the pub before and after the match.

This new player should make a good inclusion to the Spurs team. Let us hope those youngsters settle down fast and start doing something spectacular for us.