SpursNetwork

Newcastle United 5 Spurs 1

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Newcastle United 5 Spurs 1
« on: May 15, 2016, 04:51:41 PM »
That is it! Newcastle have done the double over us and put Ars*nal second. Do we blame anybody? Is it our fault or did we run out of steam? Whatever way you look at it we have finished 3rd and in the European Champions league.

The most we've ever conceded in the Premier league is 2, now we've just conceded 5 by a relegated team.

Spurs need to buy this summer if we are going to compete in the league and European champions league.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline yidmafioso

• Season Ticket: No
Re: Newcastle United 5 Spurs 1
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 05:58:13 PM »
Absolutely f**king disgraceful .We`ve laid down and died these last few weeks . I was going to renew my membership but they can poke it . They`ve embarrassed us before but this takes the piss .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 05:59:23 PM »
This is the ramifications of Allis action at WBrom, the teams reckless second half against Chelsea! We allowed the media and other clubs fans to get into our heads, instead of playing the game with the ball how we had done so well all season we threw it all away with shocking mental fitness and that started a chain of events that resulted in today's outrageous performance! Yes there was some shocking ref decisions but take nothing away from Newcastle they wanted it and we thought all we had to do was turn up!!! I am totally deflated as yet again we have let the Gooners get the better of us and now added a real sour taste to what has been a very good season.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 07:16:46 PM »
.... But on the positive side we can build upon it, but we do need much more strength in the team. And third is our highest in the Premier league, so not all doom and gloom.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 09:29:20 PM »
It funny that  Vertonghan comes back we drop Wimmer and in the last 4 games concede 10 goals!!!, there's a bit of a coincidence dont you think?, we unsettle a back four and the great defence flops.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 07:59:16 AM »
It funny that  Vertonghan comes back we drop Wimmer and in the last 4 games concede 10 goals!!!, there's a bit of a coincidence dont you think?, we unsettle a back four and the great defence flops.

It is times like this that we see managers' metal. One of Spurs problems in the past (and still now, it seems) is that we perform well against top teams but drop our guard against bottom teams. Relegated Newcastle have done the double over us.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 08:05:39 AM »

It is times like this that we see managers' metal. One of Spurs problems in the past (and still now, it seems) is that we perform well against top teams but drop our guard against bottom teams. Relegated Newcastle have done the double over us.

Blackjack you are spot on. What right did Verthonghan have to just waltz back into the side when I thought Wimmer was our best CB at the time. It certainly coincided with our gradual collapse. Also, why hasn't Trippier been given more game time ? Hopefully Poch, as well as the players, will learn from all this. It is no good " just turning up" against teams like Newcastle & West Brom. All our old traits have re-surfaced. A very disappointing end to a generally good season. Unless we strengthen well in the summer I fear it will be another short lived CL adventure.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 09:51:02 AM »
I don't think I could reply on this post without getting angry and upset.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :-[ :-[ :-[ :hide: :hide: :hide:

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 09:30:14 PM »
Gutted!

No excuses whatsoever

Offline Spursx

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 09:02:37 AM »
A disgrace. We promised so much, but gave so little. The funny thing was that we had most of the possession. They must get their heads into gear. Dembele and Alli were a disgrace in the way they handled themselves on the field. What did they think they were doing? Didn't they understand that such beheaviour would create consequences? Or where they just arrogant? Pochettino needs to take hold of them and deal with it quickly. We lost our challenge, for the title, because of these twos hotheads. Now we start again and challenge for something next season. Pochettino needs to think what he needs to challenge for top honours. New players and a stronger full squad.