SpursNetwork

Chelsea 2 Spurs 2

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Chelsea 2 Spurs 2
« on: May 02, 2016, 10:10:30 PM »
They think it is all over, it is now. So Leicester City are league champions. Congratulations to them,  it it isn't all over for us though. We are three points ahead of Arensal and still all to play for (that is for second place). If we win on Sunday then it should be confirmed.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 07:27:43 AM by Voice »
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline yidmafioso

• Season Ticket: No
Re: Chelsea 2 Spurs 2
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 01:15:31 AM »
A disappointing way to have it confirmed but as you say , well done Leicester . I just thought we`d take it to the wire . At least we`ve secured champions league football and if we win on Saturday that will see us realistically guaranteed to finish second above that s**t from the other end of the seven sisters road .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 07:35:01 AM »
A disappointing way to have it confirmed but as you say , well done Leicester . I just thought we`d take it to the wire . At least we`ve secured champions league football and if we win on Saturday that will see us realistically guaranteed to finish second above that s**t from the other end of the seven sisters road .

If your team can't win it then I would imagine everybody wanted Leicester City to win it. But they won't win it next year. Their win was once in a life time win. However we should be still up there fighting for the title.

There is still chance for the Ars*nal to drop a few places lower. So come on City and Villa, one last push from those two teams should help.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 08:39:32 AM »
As a life long Spurs fan I hate to say for the first time I was ashamed at our behaviour! We let the crowd and Chelsea get in our heads and lost the plot, sure for a derby game there is some heat but we should have used our head! Learnt from last week but know,  9 yellow cards and should have been 2 red!!!  We where 2 up at half time so had no reason to let it boil over like that! I only hope they look back at this and learn from it.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline LumpyYid

• Hero: Dave Mackay/JimmyGreaves
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 09:54:52 AM »
As a life long Spurs fan I hate to say for the first time I was ashamed at our behaviour! We let the crowd and Chelsea get in our heads and lost the plot, sure for a derby game there is some heat but we should have used our head! Learnt from last week but know,  9 yellow cards and should have been 2 red!!!  We where 2 up at half time so had no reason to let it boil over like that! I only hope they look back at this and learn from it.

Why are you ashamed of them, at least they were fighting for The Shirt, The Club, The Coach and The Supporters. I for one am EXTREMELY PROUD of the way they performed last night. COYS

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 10:46:55 AM »
There was no need to go over the top, be aggressive but sensiblely, our team is going to be slated in the media now and this will tarnish an outstanding season! I am only disappointed in there conduct last night from HT, I do not condone that behaviour from any player in any team! Dembelle will get banned for the last two games for raking Costa eye, Lamela was lucky although I'm not sure if it was intentional, and Rose and Walker had no need to get envolved in scuffled when already booked and the team winning, I want us to win always but not like that.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 12:10:16 PM »

Why are you ashamed of them, at least they were fighting for The Shirt, The Club, The Coach and The Supporters. I for one am EXTREMELY PROUD of the way they performed last night. COYS

Fighting for the Shirt and the club with aggression and the will to win is one thing. This was shameful and for the first time, I saw a side of Spurs that I never want to see again. This is the kind of appalling behaviour that will make us unpopular with some and hated by others. We don't need that!

We should know better than to fall for the antics of Fabregas and Costa and with an EPL record of 9 bookings, we only have ourselves to blame.

We will pay the price for this with at least a suspension for Dembele who singled himself out on the night. Disgraceful in my opinion! I love my club, but I despise this kind of behaviour. Suarez and Barton spring to mind!

Having said that, the frustration stemmed from the fact that Chelsea did sodall all season but played a blinder against us. That coupled with "Swansea's" weak performance a couple of weeks ago. A gift from a club where he was a popular a few years ago on the one hand and a gift from a fellow Italian manager on the other. 5 points in all.

I believe we lost the title when we lost to Leicester a few weeks ago. This was a 6 pointer in the true sense. Let's see if we still have the balls to keep our second place and finish the season above the Gooners. Now, that for me would be a high to take us to next season.

With Mau, Eriksen and Lloris on the verge of signing new contracts, we can congratulate Leicester for job well done this year and look forward to meeting them again next year!

Just saying!

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 10:37:35 AM »
I don`t mind them showing a bit of passion or even aggression but the lack of discipline cost us the game . Is going to cost us now in terms of dembele getting a heavy ban . It just showed that one or two of them have still got a bit of growing up to do .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 12:40:35 PM »
As much as we were at fault for a lot of the aggression, the Chelsea players, in particular Fabregas and Terry, were totally out of order in the week or so leading up to the match. They were running our players, our club, and our chances in the league down in the media, and constantly banging on about how they were going all out to stop us, and therefore hand Leicester the title on last game of season if necessary, which should not be allowed. This in turn wound our players up leading up to the game. As has been pointed out elsewhere, everybody hates us and wants to see us get beaten.
And the reason for this ?? Because they are scared that we are becoming a major force in the game for the first time in nearly 40 years. We now need to do what we have done best all season, that is to bounce back and win our last 2 games. Job done. COYS

Offline LumpyYid

• Hero: Dave Mackay/JimmyGreaves
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 01:45:42 PM »
       I seem to recall some of the people who are ashamed of the team were the same people that were complaining not so long ago that we ROLLED over and didn't show enough passion and pride in The Shirt they wear or The Club that they represent you cannot have it both ways!!!!  :nope: :nope: COYS

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 03:05:28 PM »
Correct Lumpy. Chelsea are what they are, always have been, always will be. Otherwise we would have the same problem every week, which we don't.

Offline Spursx

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 06:05:46 PM »
A lot of the trouble on Monday night was caused by Chelsea provoking us. They tried to intimidate us off the ground. The first half we were all over them, second half we slowed down and they took advantage. But we did have a good season and can still finish strong. We have created a brilliant record this season. Next season we will continue where we had left off.